Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car shampoo comparison..need opinions

Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    in citrus was clear, it says 1/2oz per 2 gallon on label, but the website description is 1 capfull to 4-5gallons, therefore i say when CG say capfull use 1 ounce. i could be wrong, but they really should say the exact amount instead of saying a capfull

10ml must be a small cap. must be like the ones from a water bottle......
    I don`t understand when you say "in citrus was clear" Which shampoo are you referring to? I`m not trying to bicker only to clarify. One of my friends has both and I quote directly from the label. CG Citris Wash says " 1 CAP FULL per 5 gallons for a superior wash" However if you want to strip everything, including wax ..." As a paintwork cleanser..1 oz per gallon"

The label on CG MAXl Suds ll says..." Mix one cap full of product with one gallon of water"

Since the label doesn`t mention a specific cap, one would assume they mean the cap on the bottle. The cap on the gallon bottle on each of these holds 10 ml. Times that by how much water you are going to put in the bucket. I usually don`t fill my 5 gal bucket completely and have it marked off per each gallon level. SO..in my case if I fill to the 4 gallon mark, that would be 40 ml per 4 gallons or just under 1.5 oz.

They probably say "one cap full" thinking it`s easier to pour that amt in the cap, rather than go get a measuring glass. With the MAXl Suds I don`t think a little more or less would make a difference. BUT with the Citrus Wash, to much of that stuff will strip the car. I`ve seen him strip one before detailing and the Citrus Wash works fantastic! It`s a great product.

Hope that helps and hope we are talking about the same CG shampoos.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
    Not to threadjack, but Marc it is very good to see you over here. I have seen your post over on Camaro5, and bought some products that I love based on your write-ups.

I`m sure you`ll see me around. If you need anything from me, I`m easy to find.
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    If you ask directly, they say 1 oz / gallon for the Max-Suds but then it can be as cryptic as Autogeek`s description (1 to 2 ounces to a bucket).

As I posted elsewhere, Optimum is a nice choice (cost and performance wise). CG at 1 ounce and even 0.5 ounce worked ok to me. CG is more love or hate type shampoo by some and I wonder why.
    I took a permanent marker and marked each gallon level on the inside of my 5 gal bucket. I have found out that I will usually fill it up to the 4 gal level. I answered another post but for clarification, the label on MAXl SUDS ll says
    "one cap full per gallon" The cap on the gallon bottle holds 10ml. For 4 gallons that would be 40ml which is just shy of 1.5 oz. OR as you say (1 to 2 oz per bucket) would be close. I don`t think this is rocket science and a little more or less can`t hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Oldz;396805]Optimum is one of my favorites. The directions do say 1oz per gallon, but Dr G has said that 1/2 oz per gallon is all that is required. They however suggest 1oz per gallon for hard water conditions. It also fits the suds, cleaning power, and cost effective catagories that you asked about.
    Would using more optimum car wash, say 1 oz per gallon shorten the life span of waxes or sealants?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jlineman View Post
    I don`t understand when you say "in citrus was clear" Which shampoo are you referring to? I`m not trying to bicker only to clarify. One of my friends has both and I quote directly from the label. CG Citris Wash says " 1 CAP FULL per 5 gallons for a superior wash" However if you want to strip everything, including wax ..." As a paintwork cleanser..1 oz per gallon"

The label on CG MAXl Suds ll says..." Mix one cap full of product with one gallon of water"

Since the label doesn`t mention a specific cap, one would assume they mean the cap on the bottle. The cap on the gallon bottle on each of these holds 10 ml. Times that by how much water you are going to put in the bucket. I usually don`t fill my 5 gal bucket completely and have it marked off per each gallon level. SO..in my case if I fill to the 4 gallon mark, that would be 40 ml per 4 gallons or just under 1.5 oz.

They probably say "one cap full" thinking it`s easier to pour that amt in the cap, rather than go get a measuring glass. With the MAXl Suds I don`t think a little more or less would make a difference. BUT with the Citrus Wash, to much of that stuff will strip the car. I`ve seen him strip one before detailing and the Citrus Wash works fantastic! It`s a great product.

Hope that helps and hope we are talking about the same CG shampoos.
    i mean citrus wash clear, the product label says 1oz per gallon and website description says 1 capfull to 4-5gallons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Time 2 shine View Post
    Would using more optimum car wash, say 1 oz per gallon shorten the life span of waxes or sealants?
    Dr G. had said no.

You are just getting more cleaning power (able to break down more soiling) but not cleaning aggressiveness (stripping waxes).

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Great thread, and a great read! The chart is amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Dr G. had said no.

You are just getting more cleaning power (able to break down more soiling) but not cleaning aggressiveness (stripping waxes).
    Thanks for the answer..
    Zach

That`s just how i roll...

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used BOTH Citrus Wash and Clear and the regular Citrus Wash that DI carries? They don`t say anything about using Citrus Wash as a maintenance soap, so is it just a more concentrated version of CW&C?

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that is a amazing chart there jlineman, you have done your homework so sure.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Now that is a amazing chart there jlineman, you have done your homework so sure.
    That IS an amazing chart, BUT...maximus 20895 is the person that posted it. You can back up to page 1 on this forum and find it. I printed it off for reference. He really should contact Consumers Report as someone suggested but they probably won`t use it because they didn`t develop it...BUt all of on the forum can and Thanks for it!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oops, that is what happens when your taking too much meds!
    Thanks Maximus!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be some confusion about CG soaps.

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss is a concentrated washing solution designed to help you clean the paint safely and add more shine to the surface. Mix one half ounce of the solution with 1 - 2 gallons of water when you want to wash your vehicle and not strip off the current layer of protection. If you want to use as a paintwork cleanser to strip off the current layer of protection mix 2 ounces with one gallon of water.

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash is an extremely concentrated paintwork cleaning shampoo. The citrus based cleaning agents are extremely gentle and safe to use on your vehicle`s entire exterior. Just add one ounce per gallon of water to create a paint safe shampoo formula that can remove the old sealant and wax on your paint.

The Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Clear is one of the safest products you can use to strip off the protection (i.e. sealant, wax) from your paint. When used in the concentrated form (2oz per gallon of water) it is a paintwork cleanser that helps clean and prep your paint so you can get the most out of your detail. This process is essential for best results before beginning a full detail. You can further dilute (.5 ounces per gallon of water) the Citrus Wash and Clear so it will not strip off the protection. (Maintenance Wash)

I use Citrus Wash & Gloss as a maintenance soap and Citrus Wash & Clear as a stripping solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by qaz393 View Post
    i though maxi suds was 1oz/1gal and glossworkz 1oz/4-5gals
    That is my recollection on Glosswerks. IME it is an excellent maintenance wash but if you want foam pass on it. If you want another try Majestic Solutions. Shipping is the same if you buy one gallon or 10.
    2011 Ford Expedition Limited Black Metallic
    2011 Audi A5 Cabriolet Quartz Gray Quattro
    My name is Jim and I am an Old Auburn Tiger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information