Post Thanks / Like

No name Foam Lance

check this sucker out, I finally want to upgrade to a proper Foam lance and I stumbled upon this. Looks kinda (OK, a lot) like Wolfgang or Pinnacle`s Foam Cannon, what say you? Worth the risk for a low price?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Foam-Lance-Adjustable-Bottle/dp/B004GNZYY4/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1312994519&sr=1-2]Amazon.com: Professional Foam Lance Adjustable with 32 oz. Bottle: Home & Garden[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: No name Foam Lance

try the homedepot 15 dollar one. i think its called g-something

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for the HD one @ $15. Not the quality of a $100 lance, but is definitely a great value. I just picked one up and was very impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

its the same thing as the foam lances sold for 100$, its made by MTM hydro. i have found the EXACT unit that they use for the wolfgang/pinnacle lances but i forget the brand of it..in all honesty id get that lance from amazon it will be my purchase when i buy a foam lance. to me quality is same as the 100$ one, as long as its all mainly brass/metal parts then you should be golden the only issue is getting the correct attatchment peice for your pressure washer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwgcmc View Post
    +1 for the HD one @ $15. Not the quality of a $100 lance, but is definitely a great value. I just picked one up and was very impressed.
    I agree it`s a great value, but it drives me nuts that the reservoir is so small. I need to refill it after every use, which is a pain sometimes. And it seems the foam still isn`t as thick as with a proper foam lance.

Post Thanks / Like

that looks like the one i purchased last summer. don`t remember where i got it or how much i paid for it.. but i did go to a hardware store afterwards and bought quick dis-connects so i could easilly go from my high pressure wand to the foam lance. makes it much more useable......

Post Thanks / Like

Got it delivered today, I need to figure out how to hook it up to my cheap as free Husky pressure washer since it uses a different connector. $47 bucks on Amazon, MTM is the company and it says "made in Italy" on the dial. Once I use it, I`ll let everyone know. From a video I found it seems to match the Wolfgang Foam Lance.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys have forced my hand. It`s only been a few months since I got the HD G-Foam Blaster and I was sort of happy with it, except for its small reservoir and tendency to tip over when not attached. It produces lots of foam, but it isn`t as thick as I`d wanted and doesn`t cling well, regardless of what shampoo I use.

This thread made me go out and buy the MTM, but I ordered from pressurewashersdirect.com. It came in on Friday and I started playing around with it. Immediately I noticed that no matter what soap was in it, it clings much better than the G-Foam Blaster. The nozzle shoots in a vertical pattern as opposed to the horizontal pattern of the GFB, so that caught me off guard. Also, the key to the thick, clingy foam is the air intake knob at the top. I don`t know about any other foam lances, but on the one I got, anything short of full open is useless and just shoots watery nothing out of it.

It doesn`t tip over as easy, holds about 4 times what the GFB does, and should connect to other reservoirs with the same thread. That`s good if you want to have a couple of different ones pre-loaded with different ratios or soaps, ie one for stripping and one for maintenance. The only thing I don`t like about it is the opening is a bit small for pouring soap in cleanly. Then again, I could just get my lazy a$$ to WalMart for a funnel and not nitpick. All in all, it`s worth the few extra bucks over the GFB.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you`ve saved me some review work lol. I`ll let you know my take as well, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I signed up for the Amazon credit card through Chase and I got a 40 gift card. Ordered the lance and a Brinkmann dual max LED for like, $40 with shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I posted this ages ago but I wanted to follow up. Thing is awesome, works the same as the Wolfgang for far, far less money. I`ve been using it on everything, don`t know why I waited so long to pick one up.

Thread Information