Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    When you rinse your towels how much suds are produced in the rinse cycle? Make sure that in that final rinse cycle you are producing no suds at all. Also when do you wash your towels in regards to your normal laundry? I always wash my bathroom towels before my detailing towels to try and let them pick up any fabric softener that remains. I also wash my Waffle Weaves last just so that there is an even more reduced chance that there could still be some fabric softener in the machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGolfRider View Post
    When you rinse your towels how much suds are produced in the rinse cycle? Make sure that in that final rinse cycle you are producing no suds at all. Also when do you wash your towels in regards to your normal laundry? I always wash my bathroom towels before my detailing towels to try and let them pick up any fabric softener that remains. I also wash my Waffle Weaves last just so that there is an even more reduced chance that there could still be some fabric softener in the machine.
    I don`t actually watch the wash process. I have a front loader, and I put in the amount of Micro restore as directed. Sometimes I`ll pre-soak them in de-greaser like Purple Power, and wash, then wash again with the micro-restore.

I thought fabric softener was in the dryer?

Maybe I`ll try washing by hand in a clean 5 gallon bucket and seeing how that affects things.

Post Thanks / Like
    I set the front loader on xtra rinse and xtra spin.

It`s not the laundry cycle that`s affecting mine, it`s seniority. Old age, worn. They are used twice a week from March thru November.

Target has drying towels?

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as washing goes, I just wash with an "environmentally friendly" laundry detergent and throw in 1/2 to 1 cup vinegar in the rinse cycle, depending on the size of the load. The vinegar helps removes soap residue and will soften hard water (which I have).

I`ve had the same drying issues with some of my WW micros. Some I`ve always thought were due to age. The nap on these towels is short to begin with and since the polyamide (the supposed absorbing and quick drying fiber) is only 20 -30% of the towel, it seems reasonable that these fibers would/could wear down.

Having said that, I`ve seen the same thing happen with my newer towels when used in high humidity. As said above, when it happens, I hit the glass first and get the towel a little damp.
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shizam1 View Post
    Well did yours start differently? Mine would suck water up like a magnet when dry, and now they smear it around until damp...
    I had the same experience as you described, they worked like a magnet to start, and became "smeary" later on. I guess I just deal with it, it doesn`t bother me.
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post
    I had the same experience as you described, they worked like a magnet to start, and became "smeary" later on. I guess I just deal with it, it doesn`t bother me.
    Ok, thanks for the info. I`ll just live with it then. No need to buy more if the new ones will just do the same thing shortly!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Griot`s yellow waffle-weave towel. I`ve been using it since 2003 and I have never had any issues with streaking.

Do you use any type of spray-on wax? Maybe the towel is absorbing the wax and the wax is preventing the towel from absorbing the water. I use Griot`s Spray-On wax and I have no problems. I`m sure if I used a "tougher" spray-on wax, the towel would get "clogged."

The only thing I do to make my waffle-weave towel perform it`s best is to do a final rinse with a stream of water. The less surface water, the better the towel performs.

My towel actually performs poorly when it is loaded with water as it smears it around.

Post Thanks / Like
    use drying towels for drying only.QD or anything with polymers will clog towels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information