Post Thanks / Like
    I found a lot of threads on weither MF or 100% cotton (as Sal recomends) was better to remove zaino. Was there ever any conclusion? What are people using now? also for 100% cotton fieldcrest towells, which are best? Or is that like a klasse/zaino debate.. i know the RV are popular, so are the charaisma selects... and does the online outlet store sell the defects, or is it just directly from the factory and thus cheaper? Thanks, I can`t wait to try zaino

Post Thanks / Like
    . . . is whatever you prefer. I use microfiber because I like it but will be buying some Wamsutta hand towels to try out.

Post Thanks / Like
    with Puter! I prefer 100% cotton RVs over anything I`ve used in the past, including microfiber. I buy my RVs or Charismas in better department stores such as Goldsmith`s. I`m sure Sal has tried MFs, and would recommend them IF he thought they were the safest way to go...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both cotton and microfiber towels and they both work well. The microfibers tend to "load up" quicker than the cotton, but both towels work great for removing Z. :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    RVs or Charismas ??? Charismas have more treads per inch and are thicker. Both are excellent and either one are an excellent choice. The RVs and Charismas are 100% cotton, The loops, the fill, and the mat.

:up

Post Thanks / Like

Pre spray for lower quarter panels to loosen up grime?

I was wondering if there was a product I could use to spray down the lower quarter panels to loosen up dirt and brake dust while I go cleaning the wheels. Something that is wax safe so I can use it without worries.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually do just what you are talking about, but I don`t use anything special to do it. I have a garden sprayer that I load up with a water/car shampoo mix, and spray it on the really grungy areas and let it dwell while I do the wheels and wells. Then I just hose it off, and then wash. It takes off any big stuff that would otherwise get caught in my mitt and scratch. This particular sprayer has a little screen cap that flips over the nozzle and makes a decent poor mans foam gun. I actually use it when doing the post winter wash too. I was actually inspired to try it after hearing of the foam cannons. I am sure there is something a little more aggressive you could use to break up the crusties, but I keep it simple for now. I am sure APC diluted would work very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s always best to jet wash the area with the hose nozzle first. That will remove most of the gunk and grime that isn`t tar and sap. I follow that with a bug cleaner solution and let it dwell while scrubbing tires and wheels.

Caution: Do not let any soap solution dry on the paint, even if it`s pre-wash solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    i mean like a chemical thats paint safe that would be able to loosen up the grime the hose was not able to get or is there no product that exsist

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum Power Clean 3:1 or P21s Total All Wash will do what you want.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    OPC and TAW.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGolfRider View Post
    Optimum Power Clean 3:1 or P21s Total All Wash will do what you want.
    :iagree:

Sounds like you want to flirt with the line between effectiveness and not stripping the wax. Any of these ideas mentioned would work. If they are not effective enough, you can try more aggressive methods, but you will likely be needing to do another LSP more often. I`m not really sure you will be saving yourself much time or energy unless you find the sweet spot in the formula.

Let us know your results, good or bad. I rarely have cause to find that balance. It often is faster for me to make the decision early about whether to suck it up and use elbow grease and patience or just go aggressive and follow up with whatever steps are necessary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    OPC and TAW.
    so opc cut 3 to 1 would be paint safe and not strip wax, I was looking at taw how is that with being safe on paint and wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by armenakadino View Post
    so opc cut 3 to 1 would be paint safe and not strip wax, I was looking at taw how is that with being safe on paint and wax
    It "will" be paint safe, but it "will" strip wax. Even if it doesn`t fully remove it, it will compromise it.

Thread Information