Post Thanks / Like
    Pricing out clay locally, I can get a big Clay Magic bar (??grams) with no lube for $26, which seems very expensive (comments?). I could get the Mother`s kit with their QD and an 80g bar for ~$15, and the Meg`s kit (similar contents to the Mothers) for $11. I`d buy the Meg`s if I thought it was ok, didn`t they reformulate? Ideally I`d like to buy _just_ clay, since I have plenty of QD already, but the Clay Magic at an automotive paint supply shop is all I could find.

Thanks,

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with the clay magic for $26 if it was a 200 gram bar.

I paid $23 or so for 200 grams of Meguiars clay (C-2000 Overspray clay, body shop line.) It does leave extra residue behind that takes extra effort to achieve the same result with less work from Clay Magic.

The Mother`s clay is really really small and the QD and wax would be worthless since you have the Qd already.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Jason, go with the Clay Magic. You will save yourself some headaches down the road.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Robert,

Autozone has recently started carrying a $10 kit of 100gm Clay Magic Blue (the good stuff :up) and (8-12?) oz lubricant. Great deal, great clay! Check them out.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by porterdog [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Is Meg`s Clay Still Lame?[/b]</blockquote>
    <strong class=`bbc`>YES[/b]

Post Thanks / Like
    It was funny at the paint supply place- I was waffling on whether to buy the CM or not, and what finally saved me was knowing I could come here and get quick feedback on whether it was a good deal or a ripoff. Puterbum, thanks for the tip, I`ll check it out tonight.

Cheers,

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say is it`s easy as hell, fast, and clean. I only had a minor problem with the first car when I had no idea what was going on (virgin user -- no technique) and used too little QD. Now I just spray an area and qlide the bar around covering a section twice. Every section or two I fold the bar a few times. It takes 15 minutes to clay an average car.

Works perfectly ...

E

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question about rain...

My wife and I had to go a dinner function for work tonight and it poured down rain while we were in the restaurant. We had about a 30-40 minute drive home and the car dried off on the way. The car is completely dry at this point. The car surfaces feel cool to the touch, but I popped open the bonnet anyway to keep it from baking. Do I need to wash it tonight, or can I wait until tomorrow?
    -brumma

Post Thanks / Like

Rain Happens

As long as you have a good layer of protection on the car you shouldn`t need to worry. The same water spots will be there tomorrow and likely won`t do any more damage unless you let them bake in the sun. If you drive your car, it is going to get wet/dirty.

Remember that everything you do to the paint, no matter how careful, increases the chance of scratching. There is a point where washing too frequently can cause more damage than leaving the dust, dirt or spots for a little while. Of course there are tons of variables to consider.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did a whole regimen of Blackfire Ice over Fire just a few days ago, so it should be pretty well protected.
    -brumma

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brumma View Post
    My wife and I had to go a dinner function for work tonight and it poured down rain while we were in the restaurant. We had about a 30-40 minute drive home and the car dried off on the way. The car is completely dry at this point. The car surfaces feel cool to the touch, but I popped open the bonnet anyway to keep it from baking. Do I need to wash it tonight, or can I wait until tomorrow?
    Smart move popping the bonet in these situations. Wouldn`t be a bad idea to pop the decklid either. Now, if we could just figure out something to do with the roof :-?

BTW...How was dinner :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    Smart move popping the bonet in these situations. Wouldn`t be a bad idea to pop the decklid either. Now, if we could just figure out something to do with the roof :-?
    Convertible?

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    BTW...How was dinner :-B
    Delicious! Thanks!
    -brumma

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should be fine with BFWD and BFMSPW on it. Just check it in the morning to make sure there isn`t any on it before any sun gets on it to bake.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    All good advice here.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Thread Information