Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would invest in some ONR as well. Using a QD on a dirty car, is asking for trouble. An ONR wash is very quick and easy and does a great job.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shizam1 View Post
    I would just let them get dirty until you wash them again. That might be a better alternative than scratching.

You can use a quick detailer on them if they aren`t too dirty, but I always wonder about those... how dirty is too dirty before you start scratching the heck out of the paint.
    Im not sure why detailer would scratch when a sponge with water wouldent. I mean at some point the car is too dirty for water to wash it off, there is going to need to be friction applied to get it clean.

But to answer the OPs question, what I do on my Vette, is after each drive ( every 2-3 weeks during spring/summer/fall ), I evaluate the paint. If its just dusty, I spray it down with quick detailer, except the nose which I apply some water with a MF cloth to loosen bugs first. If there are areas where its pretty dirty, like if I drove through some muddy puddles, or I got a bunch of brake dust on the car, I spray on some Griots waterless car wash, let it sit for a minute, then wipe off and follow with detailier. The wheels are usually decent because I use that armour all stuff, but I frequently use some detailer and paper towels to clean the wheel wells, that get super brake-dusty. Then I clean the windows and put the cover back on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you gentlemen. That vette is very well taken care of! I have an 09 Wrangler that I take out in the dirt on purpose! That always needs a full wash, of course. But for regular in-betweens I`ll be getting some ONR and OOC very shortly. I did some more searching on these and Barry you`ve written some informative posts that will help me a lot. Thanks to all.

My wife`s ride. `05.

Post Thanks / Like
    I visit the DIY then hit the interstate :Car smiley:

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have any advice, but I have to say that pic of your Jeep on that other car was Awesome!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Halena Boles, amateur/wannabe detailer

I <3 my Jeep : D

Post Thanks / Like
    a little dust i would use a cali duster and a quick detailer. too much dust and i would go with the onr. an onr wash is fast an efficient.

Post Thanks / Like

between

i so far this year just do onr with a drying aid and been useing ocw as drying aid or optimum gloss enhancer-for me its faster and streak free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information