Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spray Nine

This is really sad. I`m trying to talk my wife into getting a new car, only because I want another vehicle to detail and just cannot bring myself to want to work on her Dodge mini-van! In between working on my Vette, Cherokee and my son`s Prelude I`m spending time arranging my detailing supplies to create the perfect traffic pattern in the garage and driveway while detailing. I also find myself on the internet searching for sources for different color MF towels so I can color-code them for specific uses. Help, I think I`m sick! And loving it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Dan, you are ill...but so are the rest of us, so you are in good company.

It`s funny that you mention buying a new car to detail - about 2 weeks ago I took delivery of my 2002 Escape and specifically told the salesman NOT to have it preped. He thought I was nuts because I refused to allow them to wash, polish, wax, apply any dressings at all, etc.

When I went to pick up the truck it was dirty, had all of the shipping stickers on it and even had a bird bomb on it....but you know, I was sooo happy to receive it that way. I knew that the paint, plastics, leather, etc. were untouched. I spent the next several days in "therapy" detailing it to my liking.

So, good luck in convincing your wife that you need a new "subject"....I can relate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I get an AAY-MEN?

Last night I talked my niece into bringing her new-to-her 96 Civic over on Sunday morning so that I can spend the day with it. It used to be red, now it`s pink . . . very oxidized and faded. The plastic bumper covers are noticeably more red than all the metal body areas. I assured her that I would make it all red again.

I`m so psyched. Both my wife and I have black cars, and I can`t wait to get my hands on a red one that is so badly in need of attention. I don`t have a digicam, but I`ll try and take some before and after photos I can scan in.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    detailin disease:

I hope there`s no cure for it!!!

:bounce

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hehehe I wish detailing was a sexually-transmitted desease...... I need to pass some of it along to my wife so I can get her to help me out with all these cars we have around to detail! I have 3 in my garage, we`re gettin a fourth in about a month, and I also have about 10 relatives and/or neighbors rides to do....... plus the times I pick up customers just to get some $$......

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt the symptoms of that disease a few weeks ago when I went out and waxed my car in the rain. Hey, it was under the carport so it was safe. Fortunatly insanity isn`t part of the disease. Irrationality, maybe.

LOL! I love the smile! You shoulda seen the looks I got from the neighbors when I was snapping the pics for this thread

Carnuba on the ML320

99scs2cool
    Detailing disease treatment

I have been under the care of Dr Meguiars for many many years. sadly to say the disease has progressed such that Dr Klasse was called in for a consult. He brings his assistants,Dr Eiman Fabrik,Dr Pinnacle Crystal mist, and Dr 303 with him. They are attended by nurses micro fiber towels and EagleOne 20/20.

All was going well until the relapse of two days ago. This necessitated the contracting Of world renound expert Dr Souveran`s team. They are expected to arrive next weekend. Hurry Hurry Hurry oh nectar of the gods. I don`t think I can last much longer.

" What, me worry?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, I think you are ready to buy the "small" detailing shop.

Jack

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 8ball [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Can I get an AAY-MEN?

Last night I talked my niece into bringing her new-to-her 96 Civic over on Sunday morning so that I can spend the day with it. It used to be red, now it`s pink . . . very oxidized and faded. The plastic bumper covers are noticeably more red than all the metal body areas. I assured her that I would make it all red again.

I`m so psyched. [/b]</blockquote>
    Ok I`m going down the list going yep, yep, uh huh, oh yeah. Then bang 8ball`s got the same strain of the disease as me. :-) You`re psyched and I can <em class=`bbc`>feel[/i] your enthusiasm. With most of our cars it`s like working on varying degrees of a beautiful shine but to bring something back from the crypt can be very rewarding, at least to sickos like us.

I`ve done two red cars in my cul-de-sac. A Porsche 944 and a Mazda RX7 turbo. (<em class=`bbc`>the links are the posts I made about them[/i])

How about detailing your ride, especially under the hood, before it goes to the mechanic? Yeah that`d be another check on my disease worksheet.

Post Thanks / Like

Spray Nine

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has experience using Spray Nine on their Auto. On the bottle, it says it can be used for Auto, but after reading some sites, it appears most people use Spray Nine for the tires / rims / and engines. Doesn`t seem anyone is using Spray Nine as auto body cleaner.

I used it today on the body (before reading) and it did wonders removing bugs and Tars. However, I am only concern that the chemicals are too strong for the paint to handle. I want a clean looking car, but I don`t want to kill the paint alone side. I did use water to wipe the car again after using the cleaner.

Any comment would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your the first to ask about Spray Nine on using it on your car. It`s a great Boat all-purpose, spray on, wipe off, cleaner and disinfectant. Just use caution when using it on your ride.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW welcome to TID cwung!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    As Angelo mentioned it`s a great product for marine applications but IMO its not very useful for automotive use. I prefer other cleaners for my interior and I find it lacks in strength for jobs like cleaning stubborn tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

thanks

thanks all for your feedback. i will use with caution and will make sure i rinse it well i guess. it does get the tar and stuff off.... so as a cleaner it`s pretty effective..... just not sure how harmful it is, that`s all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information