Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: big blue III

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have mf towels not behaving correctly, I would use an all purpose cleaner (like Optimum`s Power Clean as a pre-soak) to restore them. Some boil but I try to avoid high temps. Any plastic (like microfiber) will lose its properties as temperature increases. It causes the molecular chains to change shape etc.

Using too much detergent and not rinsing them enough (vinegar helps strip embedded detergents) that load up in the mf.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    I also want to point out that at one time toward the end of 2009 (?) we received a bad batch of Big Blues that had come from China. They were terrible, they would only push the water around. It was almost comical that this ?Drying Towel? looked to be afraid of water! We discussed it on the forums and replaced them for people. Outside of these reasons I would have no idea why you would have an issue with the towel. If you still have it, I will replace it.

i had the original one that was bad from the start and you replaced that one with the one i have now that now does the same thing. that was the reason for the original query as i didn`t want to do something wrong to ruin these too.

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    I also want to point out that at one time toward the end of 2009 (?) we received a bad batch of Big Blues that had come from China. They were terrible, they would only push the water around. It was almost comical that this ?Drying Towel? looked to be afraid of water! We discussed it on the forums and replaced them for people. Outside of these reasons I would have no idea why you would have an issue with the towel. If you still have it, I will replace it.

i had the original one that was bad from the start and you replaced that one with the one i have now that now does the same thing. that was the reason for the original query as i didn`t want to do something wrong to ruin these too.
    glfahlc

There has to be something weird happening. The towels we replaced the bad ones from 2009 with, are a completely different towel, different manufacturer, different country of origin. When did we replace it for you? The "bad batch" from 2009 was a very small number of towels compared to our typical shipment and not many got out as we discovered the issue as soon as we started to ship them. The bad batch of towels were Chinese unlike our traditional towels, which are Korean. Regardless, if you are having problems or concerns with it, we will replace it. We sell thousands of this type of towel and have zero issues with them. PM Angelo and he can arrange an exchange.

jk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    glfahlc

There has to be something weird happening. The towels we replaced the bad ones from 2009 with, are a completely different towel, different manufacturer, different country of origin. When did we replace it for you? The "bad batch" from 2009 was a very small number of towels compared to our typical shipment and not many got out as we discovered the issue as soon as we started to ship them. The bad batch of towels were Chinese unlike our traditional towels, which are Korean. Regardless, if you are having problems or concerns with it, we will replace it. We sell thousands of this type of towel and have zero issues with them. PM Angelo and he can arrange an exchange.

jk
    jack i don`t remember exactly when you replaced the original bad towel i had but i would guess it was spring of `10. i remember using it and saying to myself "so this is how the big blue is supposed to work". anyhow, i will do as you suggest and shoot a pm to angelo. that kinda service is what keeps me shopping at PAC and where i tell everyone to go to get their automotive detailing supplies... thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information