• I'd like a hard copy version only for $20

23 56.10%
  • I'd like the combo for $35

8 19.51%
  • I'd like to print it myself without pictures & graphics

4 9.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had some requests for printed copies of the ebook, Autopia Car Care Guide to Detailing. I like to know if there is enough interest in printing the book to make it worth the work and cost. I`m estimating it would cost about $20 for a printed and bound copy, including USPS shipping in the USA.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like the hard copy version because it would make an excellent gift. Not everyone has made it into the 21st century yet and the concept of e-books looses some. I`d like it on my coffee table, personally.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to have a hard copy of it, I would pay a little more ($40-$50) for a hard cover and color.

Looking at a computer screen everyday is taking it toll on my eyes. A 19 inch LCD screen would help, but don`t have the $$ right now.

It would be great to have your Detailing Guide right under my bed to read every night before I fall asleep. Sure beats the heck out of the government textbook.

Thanks,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it would make great presents. A nice quality paper back edition with possibly more pictures of cool cars????

YEAH!

Post Thanks / Like
    ditto on the above...

Post Thanks / Like
    I would buy more than one.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    David, I think the hard copy makes a lot of sense, and you would probably sell quite a few. I know I would certainly buy it. deserttoy:p

Post Thanks / Like

Nice and slow car washing or really fast car washing?

I`ve been detailing my cars for the last 10 years. When I was younger I would spend a lot of time washing the car with a lot of water because the process was fun. These days, my goal is to wash the car in as little time as possible. I actually try to get the body done in under five minutes. I`m not talking about detailing, just maintaining the detailed look with car washes. I don`t even do the top down method, I just choose a time when the sun is not shining down on me and I go over the car in one pass and then hose it down. I`ve perfected my technique so that the soap does not dry by the time I am done.

How much time do you spend on the washing part?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does your time table include drying? If I am doing a conventional wash using the 2BM, it will take me about 1.5 hrs. However, I work from the top down for obvious reasons, and use a different wash media for the lower panels, that have more dirt on them. I also spend a lot of time on the wheels, wells and tires. If you do all this, I am not sure how it can take 5 minutes. If I do an ONR wash, I can reduce the time dramatically.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    From the minute the soap hits the paint till it is dry, my process is taking 5 minutes. Every 3 or 4 washes, I degrease the tires. Since I have the BMW, the wheels are always waxed to aid in brake dust removal. After the 5 minute wash, I have an old Zymol sponge that I use with the waste water to go over the wheels and then I hose them down and they are clean. I only have to use wheel cleaner on heavy brake dust. For maintenance, soap seems to take light dust off very well.

For drying, I do a final rinse of the car with a solid stream and then I use the Griot`s big yellow towel (same thing as PAC`s big blue) and dry it. Actually sometimes I even spray the wet car with spray on wax and then dry.

Wheels aside, the car washing is only taking 5 minutes. I don`t know why but I just feel guilty spending needless time washing the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dpk204 View Post
    Wheels aside, the car washing is only taking 5 minutes. I don`t know why but I just feel guilty spending needless time washing the car.
    On my personal car thats about how long I spend. If its a customers car, a proper wash (body, jams, engine, wheels & clay) I average 2 hours :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    I can wash and dry my car in about 20-30 minutes (no barrel cleaning of wheels, only the outer face). That includes drying of all door shuts and jambs.

Customer cars will take about an hour or more.

When I used to do high volume work I could wash a car in 5 minutes, though I probably looked like I was having a seizure or something. The level of quality obviously was not what I do today however.

Rasky
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I can wash and dry my car in about 20-30 minutes (no barrel cleaning of wheels, only the outer face). That includes drying of all door shuts and jambs.

Customer cars will take about an hour or more.

When I used to do high volume work I could wash a car in 5 minutes, though I probably looked like I was having a seizure or something. The level of quality obviously was not what I do today however.

Rasky
    I couldn`t wash and dry a car in 5 minutes if my life depended on it.:cornut:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    The fastest I`ve gotten is 45 minutes, for a wash and dry.

I`ve never gotten faster than 1 hour with ONR

Post Thanks / Like
    On my personal car, I always dry it by taking a spin around the neighborhood. I like watching the water bead/fly off the paint :Car smiley:

When I get back home, its only takes a minute or two to dry. Plus, all the water is blown out of the cracks Da Rules!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information