Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Wells

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys

FYI I use 100% silicon without any dramas. When it rains the silicon repels the water leaving it beading. I have been using it for the last two years with no browning or deterioration on my low profile Dunlop’s.

Cheers

Shane
    “Don’t get your ambitions mixed up with your ability”

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn may not be enough. Eagle One makes tire cleaner, I`ve never used it though. Many guys here like EF Hi Intensity, I use dilluted degreaser like Simple Green or Orange Clean. There was a thread about Greased Lighting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chuck use a high quality tire cleaner. EF HI is a good one to try but there are others.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Shane [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Guys

FYI I use 100% silicon without any dramas. When it rains the silicon repels the water leaving it beading. I have been using it for the last two years with no browning or deterioration on my low profile Dunlop’s.

Cheers

Shane [/b]</blockquote>
    Try STOP using your product and see how dry and brown your tires look. Silicone oil is a rubber deteriorant. A lot of tire manufacturers will even void their warranty on sidewall failure if you use a product that contains it on your tires.......

Just a FYI

well that finish 2001 tire shine gel sucks. It sprayed all over my freshly klassed finish. And yes i applied it with the EO tire swipe, let it soak 2 hours, then buffed. :down

Post Thanks / Like
    tire products are like a sacrificial protection. NOTHING I have used lasts that long, it might still be black, but the finish is so filled with dirt that I would not want it to last that long anyway, so I wash.

EO though appears to be a great product and lasts quite awhile to me, as well as a discountinued Meguires Gel I now use. (Not the Meguires stuff that is purple, this stuff I use is grey.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars was advertising their Endurance Gel as recently as last week. Are you sure it`s discontinued. Good product but I like Meguiars #40 or Vinylex.

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be me that talked about the E1 products. Brad B. will be recieving some of our Protectant to try and he will give all of us his opinion. He seemed to like the Concours Satin Finish, so I am definitely looking forward to his opinions on the protectant. A few posts up some one mentioned about cleaning tires between application. I have found that if I clean the tires with a tire cleaner or degreaser before applying any dressing I get a more even finish that lasts longer than just applying more dressing.

Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw that new Eagle One stuff at K-mart today, and was tempted to try it out since the old Eagle One seems to be so popular here. However, they had one bottle of Meg.`s High Endurance Gel for $6, so I grabbed it.

I`m as cheap as can be, so what kind of degreaser will get rid of the old tire dressing on the tire?
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    is an excellent product. I`ve been using it for about a year now and am very pleased with it. It provides a very nice satin-type finish, is simple to apply, and durability is fantastic. It also provides UV protection.

When many of the members were talking about the EO Concours Dressing a while back, I had the local parts store order a bottle for me. I have to tell you that I do not care for it. I know that I am going against the grain here, but the finish was just too dull for my liking. I prefer the satin appearance of the Z-16 much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    E36 M Sedan (and not M3Sedan, sorry), your Protectant may be a nice substitute for Concourse Tire Shine, I like it.

It really depends on what kind of look people are after, matte, satin or glossy and there are a lot of products that will deliver the looks, but not necessarily durability. E1 delivers both at low price and thats why I like it (have to try Wet Tire Shine for when I`m in the glossy mood).

You are right on the money with cleaning and application!

Post Thanks / Like
    That Wet Tire Shine is some shiny stuff... It looks very glossy for a day or two, then after a few days, it gives the tires a nuclear glow (I can`t think of any other way to describe it!). We`ll see how the Meguiar`s Endurance holds up when I try it, but I looked at it and realized I got the Meguiar`s Endurance High Gloss . I don`t like too shiny tires on my black Bimmer, but if it lasts longer than a few days, I`ll be happy!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to be one of the few who like the Turtle Wax Tire Wax. It works for me and seems to last. However, I agree with other posters, make sure the tires are good and clean before you apply any dressing.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Wet Tire Shine is extremely glossy. It also gets some sling. Most enthusiasts, not consumers, that use our products liked the Concours Satin Finish. In any case, as it is known we discontinued it, but the E1 Protectant can be used and provides the same finish. Regardless of which brand or type you choose, having a clean tire will provide a longer lasting finish. I did mine three weeks ago on my daily driver and I still will probably go until friday or monday before I actually consider doing them again. I believe this has more to do with strting on a clean surface, applying with a swipe, allowing to set on the tire, and then going over the tire once more with another swipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey E36 M Sedan (great car, BTW!), what kind of dressing did you use three weeks ago?
    -Chuckmotor

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information