Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any ideas on wwhat do do with things that people have in their car? ex. cigarettes, change, documents etc.

I dont want to throw anything important away

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to remind them to take anything of value out of the car before they bring it to me. Any spare change I find goes in a paper cup that I put in their cup holder. Usually it is pretty obvious what is garbage and what isn`t but when I`m in doubt I leave it. I put everything I don`t feel is garbage (even though it looks like it was treated that way) in a platic bag and leave it on the back seat. I let them know about it when I return the keys.

There was a thread awhile back that scared me. It was about detailers finding knives and hypodermic needles and stuff under seats. Ever since reading that thread I`ve been taking the good advice of using one of those toy plastic rakes to get everything out from under the seats. I haven`t found anything dangerous yet but there isn`t any point in taking chances. That is another reason I ask them to remove anything of value before they bring it to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    One prof place..gets boxes..place everything in a box and leaves it in back seat when done

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    when I do an Int. detail(I hate doing the inside) I tell them,

"anything you want to keep, please remove from the car"

This way if somthing gets lost or broke I wont be held responsable, I use to clean a ladys car that would tell me any change I found I could keep, After a few times she bought me lunch
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

I like to keep a box of zip lock type plastic bags around and put any personal belongings in them. I made some attractive stickers on my color printer with my logo & business info on them for the bags. When I`m done with the job, I place the zip lock bag on the passenger seat (unless there is something that might leak, like a bottle of suntan lotion, etc. in which case I will hand the bag to them when I give them the bill). Just as an aside, I have found a few things that I felt required a little tact, so I keep some small lunch-size paper bags with my logo sticker on them for those occasions. I also have a printed disclaimer on my work orders that warns them gently that I will not be responsible for any thing that isn`t considered an actual part of the vehicle. This is pretty easy to incorporate into the release to drive the vehicle for detailing purposes that must be signed before work begins.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    if its in the car and I find it, that must mean you dont want it. that is part of the clauses in my `service agreement contract` that all customers must sign. Anything I see fit to keep I keep, otherwise I trash it.

I got some really nice stuff from this, and theres nothing the customers can do about it because they signed the contract.

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SLPCar Luvr [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I got some really nice stuff from this, and theres nothing the customers can do about it because they signed the contract.

:up [/b]</blockquote>
    Get much repeat business?

Post Thanks / Like

I got some really nice stuff from this, and theres nothing the customers can do about it because they signed the contract.

:up [/B]</blockquote>
    *LOL* That`s crazy. I wonder the same thing as SimonG, get much repeat business from people you get nice stuff from?

Anyway... I have boxes that I use. They are WAY to expensive from places like Office Depot. See if you can get them from a company, if you know one, or if you detail for one... They get them for a few cents each. Or you could buy a couple thousand, then they would only be a few cents each.:scared

Josiah

Post Thanks / Like
    Josiah how about putting the stuff in those plastic bags you get from the grocery store? They are basically free. I could understand if your customers had big things in their cars.

I would not go back to someone who took my things in my car that is for sure whether I signed it or not seems kinda like stealing and what gains do you get from it? What if they lost something in their car like a wedding ring or something personably valueable. I would rethink that idea of taking it for sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to use bags, but I went with boxes because they seem more professional and more neat.

Just my .01 cent

Post Thanks / Like
    This post slightly digresses but a while ago before I became `Autopianized`, I had a black integra that hadn`t been washed in about a year (no exaggeration!). I finally took it to a car wash and when my car was ready, I found a small styrofoam cut with about $5-10 in change. The coins literally filled up the cup!

Post Thanks / Like
    I find change under my drivers seat all the time in my Integra. I think there is something about the way the seats are or something. Or maybe the car sucks my money away in every way it can.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SimonG [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

Get much repeat business? [/b]</blockquote>
    yeah, actually I do....... when they ask where their stuff is that they `oops, I forgot all about that` left in the car, I say "read this contract you signed...." and point out the clause. Actually works, and they never forget again to do some of the cleanup themselves (I figure it cant hurt them to take a few minutes to search for loose items they can remove to save me time....)

:p

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Josiah how about putting the stuff in those plastic bags you get from the grocery store? They are basically free. I could understand if your customers had big things in their cars.

I would not go back to someone who took my things in my car that is for sure whether I signed it or not seems kinda like stealing and what gains do you get from it? What if they lost something in their car like a wedding ring or something personably valueable. I would rethink that idea of taking it for sure. [/b]</blockquote>
    I do make exceptions for some items, like I once had a person leave their laptop computer in the car. I gave it back, but charged them extra for having to work around it being that it was against my request in the contract. I mainly keep items like ice scrapers, inexpensive hats/gloves, etc. other large items I do not keep but as I said I do charge a retention fee.

Post Thanks / Like

<strong class=`bbc`>

I do make exceptions for some items, like I once had a person leave their laptop computer in the car. I gave it back, but charged them extra for having to work around it being that it was against my request in the contract. I mainly keep items like ice scrapers, inexpensive hats/gloves, etc. other large items I do not keep but as I said I do charge a retention fee. [/b]</blockquote>
    Seriously, you sound like an A$$ when you come to this. If I needed a detailer, I wouldn`t want to call you. I`d come out find my CD`s, umbrella, flashlight, club, and air pump missing. If you took it and then just pointed to some clause in a contract saying that you could take it, then you better prepare for a major a$$ kicking!
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information