Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    guys although he said `no flames`, I am perfectly willing to hear your opinions through PM if you would like to offer them up.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are times where I find items left in a person`s car. I just remove them, clean the area and put them back in. I have found some strange thingsin cars, like sex toys. I also found a beautiful diamond stud earring that a client of mine lost in her car. For that, I got a healthy tip when I delivered the car.

Hypothetical questions....you are detailing a car. While vacuuming in the trunk, you find a .38 caliber Smith and Wesson police service revolver. Would you call the client and tell them that you found the weapon? Would you keep it and hope that he/she forgot about it being there?

What if your client was a firefighter who had his turnout gear in the trunk of the car..would you confiscate that?

Holding someone`s things for ransom is in my humble opinion <strong class=`bbc`>totally unprofessional.[/b]

SLP, no matter what your "contract" states, I do not believe it would hold up in court. If something were taken from my car, I would press charges!

<em class=`bbc`><span style=`color: red`>PS: the hypothetical questions I posted to you were reality for me. The car had belonged to a police officer, and I did not feel comfortable having the gun in the car. At the time, my son was a small child and he liked to watch me clean cars...he would help by rinsing the wheels when I washed them. I called the PD, who dispatched the officer to my house so he could retreive the weapon ( it was his own personal handgun...the person is no longer with the police department).

The firefighter`s gear was in the vehicle because he had taken a class at the fire academy the day before. A complete set of turnout gear costs over $1100 and while it is custom fitted to the firefighter, in reality it is "owned" by the fire department. Confiscating it would be tatamount to grand theft and theft of public property.[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    OK so obviously you didnt read...... I do make exceptions for items I keep. Also this is a completely different issue, if you hadnt noticed. I feel that as far as stereo settings, seat settings, etc. those are items which should not be changed under any circumstances. `Stuff` (that is not a part of the vehicle) should be cared for separately. I treat it as my own, but I feel it is only a small request to take care of your own stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m just going to pull myself outta this conversation. I do not feel it is right to keep or hold a persons items even if it is in your contract. I don`t think we are going to change SLP`s ways. If he wants to act like an a-hole, then let him.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Intel. I see your point buddy and I don`t agree with SLP`s business policies either. It`s HIS business and if he wishes to conduct business that way, then so be it. Some people just have different standards of what they believe is reasonable.

We should be thankful actually. From now on, I`m going to be extra vigilant whenever signing any sort of contract for services done to anything that belongs to me or my wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can say after reading that contract is that I`d never release my vehicle to someone who made those demands to me for services rendered.

You`re doing a job for someone who is paying you for your work. It`s not an entitlement nor is it a license for you to independently judge what you will and will not confiscate. It is simply not your property and you have no legal claim to it, signed contract or not.

I`m sure your customers love you and agree 100% with every single item in your contract. But if the police wanted to search and confiscate items from your personal property (including your car) then they`d need a warrant signed by a judge. Sounds like you`ve appointed yourself as judge, jury, and enforcer.

Pretty wild....

:scared

Post Thanks / Like
    let me remind you of this quote you seem to have missed from Redcar Guy.....

<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

when I do an Int. detail(I hate doing the inside) I tell them,
    "anything you want to keep, please remove from the car"</blockquote>
    this is basically my policy. I`m just a little more anal about it. :p

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Redcar GUY [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>This way if somthing gets lost or broke I wont be held responsable [/b]</blockquote>
    You left part off!

I think he is just saying that to cover his arse. If someone comes to him and blames him for stealing when he really didn`t, then he can just say I`m not responsable for it. You actually have it in your contract, say you do it often, and you hold items for ransom.

Redcar GUY isn`t the one who has it in his contract and is telling everyone he takes items and then makes the owner pay money to get them back.

Wait... Didn`t I say I was pulling out of this conversation?
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SLPCar Luvr [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>let me remind you of this quote you seem to have missed from Redcar Guy.....

this is basically my policy. I`m just a little more anal about it. :p [/b]</blockquote>

<span style=`font-size: 14px;`>I say that becouse I dont want to be Responsible for there stuff not because I am going to take it..... Good try
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SLPCar Luvr [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>let me remind you of this quote you seem to have missed from Redcar Guy.....

this is basically my policy. I`m just a little more anal about it. :p [/b]</blockquote>Maybe I`m stupid but can someone please make the connection between this "quotation" which was conveniently incomplete in a very biased way has to do with this conversation?

Wow . . . that`s all I have to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is closed.

Post Thanks / Like

New wash media for ONR ?

I have tried the dreadlock style mitts, mf covered sponge, a mf towel, and now wondering if there was a better one.

I like the dreadlock mitts but they can get heavy so I wonder if they can mar paint unless you wear them.

I noticed there are two others to try:

1. The Bone - supposedly a thicker mf pile over a sponge than the plain mf covered sponge

2. Meg`s MF wash mitt - seems light enough to wear and also has a thicker pile

Thoughts?
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have tried the dreadlock style mitts, mf covered sponge, a mf towel, and now wondering if there was a better one.

I like the dreadlock mitts but they can get heavy so I wonder if they can mar paint unless you wear them.

I noticed there are two others to try:

1. The Bone - supposedly a thicker mf pile over a sponge than the plain mf covered sponge

2. Meg`s MF wash mitt - seems light enough to wear and also has a thicker pile

Thoughts?
    I currently use the Meg`s MF wash mitt. Unfortunately I cannot compare it to your other choices. I know the bone is supposed to hold a good amount of solution which is a plus. With the mitt however, it is easier to get into small spots without having to compress a sponge and possibly cause unwanted pressure to reach to harder to get areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to use a grout sponge from Lowes for ONR washes.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I like to use a grout sponge from Lowes for ONR washes.
    2nd that. Raceglaze mitts for soap and grout sponge for ONR.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information