Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Believe it not, I have never done a Quick Detail before. So, to ensure I start off on the right track, I would appreciate your opinions. I`m planning on using a MF and the QD from Mequiars. Do I go over the car with a damp MF first and then with the QD? or....do I spray the QD directly on the car and buff with a dry MF.

Thanks in advance for your help. I only wish I had found this board earlier....great info.

Have a good one...highlander.

Post Thanks / Like
    as it tend to preserve more of the product than spraying onto a towel that just sucks up the product. I`m sure everybody here has a different way to do it though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depends what your tryingn to do.

I don`t QD much cuz i`m chicken of self-induced scratches. I usually let it go till the next wash.

When I do, I usually take the california duster lightly over the vechile first, to try to get as much stuff off.

Then I hit the car with the spray directly.

The idea is to let the spray lift and lube the particles up off the paint and into your MF or terry cloth. Just spraying the cloth doesn`t let that happen.

If I am using QD to say remove klasse SG, I do just mist the towel ... but different situation there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the QD after I wax, and it usually makes a big difference while it adds to the smoothness and congruity of the wax. I spray it directly on the car and buff until dry. I also use it after I wash and dry to prevent water spots, streaks, and swirls, and I apply it the same way as I described with the wax. Sometimes what I do is spray it the towel or car surface while I am drying the car, but I usually do that when I fear the surface is not wet enough with a towel and fear that swirls or streaks could occur. QD (I use FI) is essential to detailing, as I have discovered. It`s great for a quick shine after a wash, as well as providing lubrication for almost every detailing job.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Short Cut gave an excellent description here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on the condition of the paint, I have different methods. If the vehicle has just been setting for a while and collected dust, I mist on a spray or two of QD, then wipe it aorund and buff off like normal. If it has just your typical road grime on it, I might give it a couple hard shots of QD, then rub around lightly to try to not pick up anything that could scratch, then buff. I`m sure I`m not the only one who uses these methods

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Gently remove excess dust by lightly going over entire car with CA Car Duster.

2. Fold a wrung damp MF in half <strong class=`bbc`>twice[/b] and squirt 1-2 shots of QD into a side of the MF. Wipe down half a panel <strong class=`bbc`>gently[/b] with the damp MF.

3. Buff with a folded up Koala or Charisma cotton towel.

4. Repeat procedure for the rest of the panel.

5. Resquirt 1-2 shots of QD and use a new clean side of the damp MF for each new panel. This should allow you to do eight panels if you refold it properly.

6. Rinse damp MF when you run out of clean sides and do the remaining panels.

7. Do the windows, dust the interior and wipe your rims (with the damp MF).

These are pretty much the procedures outlined in the Autopia Guide to Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the same thing as Intermezzo, i`ve used this method for some time now.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always been a big fan of spraying quick detailer on the surface AND the towel as well. Laters

Post Thanks / Like

What is your Favorite Car Shampoo

I prefer Megs Gold Class
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo - by far the best maintenance shampoo I`ve used.
    Marc Harris from autoLavish Detailing of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Ultima Paint Guard wash for Sky
    Megs Gold Class on most cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum Car Wash. Great lubricity, and it smells so good, it makes you want to drink it.=P~
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    ^X2
    Great stuff. not the cheapest though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Only in the last day or two have I heard of this Dodo Juice. What is it?

I`ve got the Blackfire shampoo that I like, nice and slick, but i have a bottle of Optimum waiting in the wings. It was cheaper and got good reviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information