Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheel Woolies

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had blackfire on my car for about 5 weeks now. I used ppcl followed by bf polish then 2x bf protectant, then 1x ppg.

After i finished drying the car it had lost most of it`s slickness. felt like there was not much of nothing left on the paint. Water did sheet off, and the shin was still pretty good, if not a bit duller than 2 weeks ago.

Hows everybodies experience with blackfire been. I`m hoping that just the slickness is gone. I don`t mind if it`s not there, i`m more worried about durability and protection.
    2001 Silver Arrow VW JETTA

Slowly and surely becoming psycho about my cars finish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to hear more on this BF users. I am sure they will respond soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just put mine on last week. No long term experience. Have you read this thread?

How`s it (BF) holdin up? = http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthrea...5&pagenumber=1

Likecars

Post Thanks / Like
    Another update on how my BF is holding up a little later today, I get a chance to wash and maybe even put on a new coat (its finally going to be above freezing).

I am pleasantly surprised now though, after going through a couple of weeks of slop and crud and even (.gasp.) running through a cloth car wash, the shine is still holding up well and people are noticing!
    2002 ABP @

* debadged 3.2TLType-S and A C U R A

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve posted these comments before so forgive me for being repetitive.

I think the only negative of BF is that it`s not slick. After multiple coats on various parts of my car, I did the towel-squeek trick and it squeeked like a big dog. This is after 4 coats of protectant.

My current resolution is to add a carnauba topper. So far I am very happy with the combo of BF & Souveran. But the surface is still not as slick as my previous product, Finish First.

The Zaino/FF slickness just doesn`t seem to be a design element in BF. Other BF users do not seem to be as bothered with this as I am; to each his own.

FWIW, the BF is holding up beautifully. For me, BF is the perfect combo of clarity, duarability, ease of use, and price. If it were super slick, I`d be overjoyed.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only Blackfire user that still gets water beads? I first BF`d the Integra and the water beads were still the same before the BF. Also, the Accord is really water beading. Both of these cars used BF Polish and BF Protectant x3. I also Dawn washed before BF`ing.

I called CMA and a lady told me that it is supposed to bead, but the water will sheet off when driving. I don`t know what that means, but I just listened.

My slickness is also gone. To be honest, I really don`t know now if there has been improvement in the shine now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Argghhh! I could not make it home from the car wash without a coating of salty mist, which adheres to the BF surface like it was purposely applied! I may try again, but if I manage to get it back home intact it will be Zaino`s turn. I gotta believe the Z slickness will help keep the crud from adhering.

Post Thanks / Like
    The slickness issue is the only reason I am holding off on trying Blackfire, especially for winter. With Zaino nothing really sticks to it very well, so it makes my winter washing a breeze. I will wait for more info on Blackfire before I take the plunge.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish I could help you guys with the winter info, but last night was the coldest night we have had since last December and it dipped into the 40`s. Today we are back to the mid 70`s. No snow.... My BF is holding up just fine, no decrease in shine or slickness yet, but I haven`t washed it, just QD`d with BF Spray QD.

The hood with BF feels the same as the hood with Zaino. Same slickness but until I wash it, I can`t comment accurately.

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackfired the truck today. Put on 2 coats of everything with the PC. Everything applied very well and was very easy to buff out. The shine is almost identical to Blitz, which is what I was using before. The big difference to me was that the reflection was MUCH more clear with BF. The Blitz had a good reflection to it but the BF is 10x clearer.

As an experiment, I went over the hood with OG Show Off. Doing this seemed to give it a little kick so I did the whole truck and it looked a lot deeper. The BF looked great by itself but after the OGSO it looked even better. Its supposed to snow/rain in the next day so Ill see how it holds up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just applied two more coats today. the shine did come back, but i did not have a noticable increase in slickness. I`m just wondering whether blackfire is really staying on the paint and protecting my finish. I guess i`ll keep layering it on and maybe after tons of layers it`ll be alright.
    2001 Silver Arrow VW JETTA

Slowly and surely becoming psycho about my cars finish!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The BF polish will bring the slickness back, but probably remove some or all of your BF protectant.

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Woolies

Whats the durability like on these?

http://properautocare.com/eifawhwo.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post
    Whats the durability like on these?

http://properautocare.com/eifawhwo.html
    I am over 40-50 cars deep on mine and they are honestly like new. For the week-end warrior I cannot see how they could last less then several years (unless you do something like use them as a crowbar to leverage a car off of a cliff)...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m probably about 20 cars with mine and they are still rock solid. I will admit that I abuse mine too and the construction is substantial enough to hold up. I`ll have these things a LOOONG time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information