Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarp22 View Post
    Fifth gear did an interesting look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjWkB_q2lE
    The most interesting part about it is that Fifth Gear actually aired it!
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    In summary of the Fifth Gear video,

All the washes sucked, but the tunnel wash sucked the least.
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI - Not all tunnel sytles car washes recycle their water. Recycled water touching your paint (even at high pressure) won`t harm your car. What damages your car is friction. There are nothing touching touchless car washes that will 100% clean your car. I managed one for nearly a decade.

Post Thanks / Like
    What concerns me about ANY high pressure wash is THE PRESSURE. Meaning, how much crap is being washed back into little hiddy holes. Plugging up door drains and the likes. Add that to the possibility of blowing trim pieces off the body (don`t ask).

Now, with that said...during the winter when it`s 20 below and the wifes black car is whiter than purity from salt and other smultz...sometimes ya just gotta bite the bullet.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mcarp22 View Post
    Fifth gear did an interesting look at this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZjWkB_q2lE
    Interesting, however neither of the three tests was an example of a "touchless" wash.
    It was painful watching those guys with the brushes. ^#(^

Post Thanks / Like
    Much like David I also managed a tunnel wash back in the day...though I was only there for about 6 months before I quit. I will say that the water reclaim system they used seemed to do a very good job. Keep in mind just how small the openings of those water nozzles are and how easily they could become clogged if there was debris or small particles in the water.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    What concerns me about ANY high pressure wash is THE PRESSURE. Meaning, how much crap is being washed back into little hiddy holes. Plugging up door drains and the likes. Add that to the possibility of blowing trim pieces off the body (don`t ask).
    Not too much more than having your car go through a torrential rain storm. Espcially if you`re driving 60-80 miles per hour while in one. Water doesn`t plug up the door drains holes, debris does btw. All my cars and the 1000`s of cars I`ve detailed have been powerwashed and I can honestly say I`ve never witnessed damage as a result of it being used properly.

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    Much like David I also managed a tunnel wash back in the day...though I was only there for about 6 months before I quit. I will say that the water reclaim system they used seemed to do a very good job. Keep in mind just how small the openings of those water nozzles are and how easily they could become clogged if there was debris or small particles in the water.
    Right, any dirt that could cause damage would never make it past the venturis of the spray nozzle. I wouldn`t drink reclaimed water, but I`d say it`s safe enough to use on your car w/o a problem. I think people see all the much that`s accumulates in the car wash pits (oh I hated cleaning those things) and think that stuff is being blasted against their vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IDGAS View Post
    Interesting, however neither of the three tests was an example of a "touchless" wash.
    It was painful watching those guys with the brushes. ^#(^
    Extremely painful
    Dwayne

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    Not too much more than having your car go through a torrential rain storm. Espcially if you`re driving 60-80 miles per hour while in one. Water doesn`t plug up the door drains holes, debris does btw. All my cars and the 1000`s of cars I`ve detailed have been powerwashed and I can honestly say I`ve never witnessed damage as a result of it being used properly.

Right, any dirt that could cause damage would never make it past the venturis of the spray nozzle. I wouldn`t drink reclaimed water, but I`d say it`s safe enough to use on your car w/o a problem. I think people see all the much that`s accumulates in the car wash pits (oh I hated cleaning those things) and think that stuff is being blasted against their vehicle.
    LMAO! What do you mean? It`s the best smell ever!
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I never had a chance to manage a tunnel. If I were to build one, it would cost too much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information