Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I`m having trouble measuring out 1oz. I know that a full bottle of Z5 is 8 oz, but I`m having trouble measuring out 1oz in the little bottles that come with the ZFX. How full do the little bottles need to be for lets say 2oz? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Small bottles are 2oz. I need to slow down and read. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    The little bottles are 2 ounces that come with ZFX.

On a recent poll on the corvetteforum, there are guys getting 3-6 coats from one ounce of zaino. NOW THAT IS THIN!

So are you ZFX-ing today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressed. I just put on 3 coats of Z5 in about an hour and a half. Looks great!!! I have decided that on my silver 330i the Z5 gives me a deeper darker look that I prefer. One question for you. The ZFX bottle that I received was only about half full. Is that correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    after the first or second Z7 wash it will look even better!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by lsutiger [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Very impressed. I just put on 3 coats of Z5 in about an hour and a half. Looks great!!! I have decided that on my silver 330i the Z5 gives me a deeper darker look that I prefer. One question for you. The ZFX bottle that I received was only about half full. Is that correct? [/b]</blockquote>
    My bottle was only half full too. In fact, my first reaction was to wonder if this little tiny bottle was enough to mix 16 oz. of Z. But I`ll take Sal`s word for it.

DK, yup I was able to get two coats with 1/2 an ounce of Z-5, including one coat on the rims and windows.

Post Thanks / Like

What is a fair price to charge for carpet cleaning/leather cleaning?

What do you think is a good price to charge as a standalone service for

a.) carpet/leather or seat cleaning (just one area of stain)
    b.)carpet cleaning (all carpets)
    c.) leather or seat cleaning (entire interior)

I want to gauge how much people are usually willing to pay for this. (I don`t have an extractor or shampooer so it is being done using a brush+stain removal spray like 303 spot remover, apc+ or folex).

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not sure I follow your a,b,c but I`m going to say it depends on the vehicle. 15 Passenger van or 2 seater roadster...

Also without an extractor or steamer it could be difficult to do a really top quality job on a large area of carpet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charge by the hour even if that amount is as low as $10. What is your skill level and do you tend to be a fast worker are a couple of questions that would help detemine your hourly rate :sarge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Charge by the hour even if that amount is as low as $10. What is your skill level and do you tend to be a fast worker are a couple of questions that would help detemine your hourly rate :sarge
    Thanks for the advice guys. I think I`ll start with a low $10/hour as you say until I get the equipment and experience to do a thorough cleaning

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends how much work is involved first, hand or machine. Start around 20 bucks if your doing it by hand and if it`s a few spots only.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    It depends how much work is involved first, hand or machine. Start around 20 bucks if your doing it by hand and if it`s a few spots only.
    Thanks for the input. I think I`ll just charge $20 or not do it at all because any cheaper is just a waste of energy and not worth the money.

Post Thanks / Like
    My normal interiors start at $100 and go up according to size and condition. The most important thing about interiors is knowing how to identify the surface you`re cleaning, the problem you`re trying to correct and how to correct it. I suggest investing in a small portable air compressor and good 5-6HP wet-dry vac. Don`t be too concerned with high dollar machines (steamers/Tornados) people use on them as they aren`t a required tool to getting the job done properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    My normal interiors start at $100 and go up according to size and condition. The most important thing about interiors is knowing how to identify the surface you`re cleaning, the problem you`re trying to correct and how to correct it. I suggest investing in a small portable air compressor and good 5-6HP wet-dry vac. Don`t be too concerned with high dollar machines (steamers/Tornados) people use on them as they aren`t a required tool to getting the job done properly.
    thanks i already have an air compressor and rigid vac. also have interior packages but this was more of a standalone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post

David, I know this may be asking alot, but I`d bookmarked your Ferrari interior over on A****** and used to reference it from time to time. I haven`t been back there since it got infected with 87 different trojans and viruses. Is there any way you could just outline your steps again? For those without an extractor, it`s a great system and produces fantastic results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information