Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a wonderful disease called reynauds that affects my extremities (i.e. hands and feet). Getting my hands cold is a real bad idea. I can`t stand having a dirty car in the winter though. In my situation what would you use for gloves if you were just going to take your car to a car wash and spray it off and dry it? I need something waterproof and warm. Any ideas? Most of the gloves I`ve seen are just too bulky. I was thinking of something like scuba diver gloves or something. I`m trying to get creative here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sit inside and watch someone else wash your car

Post Thanks / Like
    My first choice would also be those scuba gloves or something similar to that material. I would also look into mechanic`s gloves as some are designed to withstand high heat which should be able to withstand the cold. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look into the shooting sports. There`s lots of thin waterproof gloves out there. It has to be thin to fit into the triggers of the hunter`s gun. Do a google search .

Post Thanks / Like
    The first thing that comes to mind are hunting gloves because they are made to be warm and dry while allowing good dexterity.

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    THose gloves look so funny! LOL... HAHAHAHAHAH

but they`re cool, they work well i suppose.

Umm, i know home depot sells some gloves that are insulated and waterproof.. if not make that ACID proof i think LOL.. BLACK shiney ones LOL...

ok sorry, i just had to laugh my head off because i`m just a little crazy tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember the gloves that the bad guy in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? wore? The long black rubber ones he would snap on before droping a toon in the Dip? Maybe those are the kind I need.

Thanks for the suggestions. I`ve been on google looking. So far so good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear it J.. I`d suggest just one other thing to these good suggestions - underneath the glove, throw on a pair of surgical gloves.

It`ll keep your hands dry, and it`ll serve to lock in some moisture and heat. Then, a good set of gloves on top will just ensure that you can do all the cleaning you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I go for the 0700 wash (coldest time in Socal until the sun breaks the horizon), I`ll use those yellow cleaning gloves you find at Wal-Mart or any grocery store. They make an insulated version as well.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    get a pair of glove liners that fit tight, then wear tight fitting latex ones on top, warm, tight and waterproof. Or you can use other fitting waterproof gloves besides latex.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    What about those hand-warmers that release heat when squeezed? Maybe you can fit one against each of your palms inside whatever gloves you decide to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo330I [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>What about those hand-warmers that release heat when squeezed? Maybe you can fit one against each of your palms inside whatever gloves you decide to use. [/b]</blockquote>
    I have a few of those. Unfortunatly they don`t really work that way. If I just put them in the glove then only my palm would get warm. My fingers would still fall off. They don`t really radiate that much heat. You have to keep squishing and stuff to get em warm. I end up using one when I get back in my car after I wash it. That way I`m ready for round 2 and drying. Fortunatly the car wash I go to has a sink with warm water for it so I can warm my hands up. It works pretty well. I get some good warm water in the absorber and run it through the wringer and its like a little purple blanket for my hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdmanl,

How `bout neoprene? They don`t keep your hands completely dry, but neoprene retains its insulating abilities when wet. Another option might be SealSkinz gloves. I`ve not used them, but someone mentioned them on another thread a couple of days ago, and their product looks interesting (here`s the link: http://www.danalco.com/htmls/products/products.shtml). They`re supposed to be waterproof, but I don`t know how warm they are . . .

Good luck finding a good solution,
    Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently bought a pair of heavy duty rubber gloves that were sold in the auto battery deparment at my local Sears. I bought an extra large and wear cotton gloves undermeath, the rubber gloves come up as far as mid forearm and so far have worked pretty nice! I washed outdoors the day and the tempature was around 35.

Post Thanks / Like

using a garden feeder as a foam gun?

can i use a garden feeder as a foamgun? is there any mods i will have to make?

Mo

ignore my last post below....internet opps:doh:
    Quote Originally Posted by Th0001
    **** dose not mean Blackfire

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information