Thread: Overspray

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering, does it help to use a QD spray when applying a liquid paste? Does it help by making the application go smoother and the removal easier? I use it when applying Klasse, but I plan on trying a top coat of Griot`s Best of Show wax and was just curious if anyone has tried this technique. I think I will try it but if people have tried it and gotten negative results then I won`t bother. I have never tried a top coat of carnuba on top of my SG, so I`m a little excited after hearing so many positive things about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Overspray

My wife recently had a small fender bender with my beloved 2002 Z28. It had some body work done to it (by the dealership) and when I got it back home I noticed the windshield, side panels and other areas had some overspray.
    I have some Meguires Ultimate Compound and Suirf City Garage Beyond Clay.
    If I use my PC, do you guys think the products I listed will get rid of the overspray? What kind of pad should I use? Should I just save myself the time and use clay?
    I appreciate evryones feedback. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try claying it first and go from there.
    Joshua 1:9- Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be affraid, nor dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NickZ28 View Post
    My wife recently had a small fender bender with my beloved 2002 Z28. It had some body work done to it (by the dealership) and when I got it back home I noticed the windshield, side panels and other areas had some overspray.
    I have some Meguires Ultimate Compound and Suirf City Garage Beyond Clay.
    If I use my PC, do you guys think the products I listed will get rid of the overspray? What kind of pad should I use? Should I just save myself the time and use clay?
    I appreciate evryones feedback. Thanks!
    First try a moderate clay bar such as Clay Magic (available at most auto supply box stores). I`ve been using it for seven years.

Story similar to yours....

Parked my 2 month old car in the city parking lot in Cheyenne, Wyoming. City was doing some sidewalk replacement about 150` away. One afternoon I returned to the car and every horizontal surface had a gritty feel, REALLY gritty, much worse than paint over spray. I tried all kinds of cleaners - nothing worked.

Next day I went to the dealership and spoke with the service manager, explaining everything. She said "Oh, my - I know what that is and how it happened...it was MY HUSBAND who caused that. He works for the city and they applied a concrete treatment to the new sidewalks."

She had me go to the body shop. A technician took Clay Magic and lube to the glass and paint - FIXED!

So I purchased a bar and went to work. Fixed it right up.

Regards,
    GEWB

Thread Information