Post Thanks / Like
    Okay...here is one for all of you with "significant others" who normally do not understand your love of your cars...mine might have seen the light.

My wife and I were out to dinner last night, and as we returned to our car we noticed an identifcal Laser Red 2001 Mustang parked next to my stang. My wife suddenly commented on how GREAT our car looked next to the dirty, non-Klassed ride sitting next to it. She said "our car`s shine and color pratically glows next to that car."

I thought the sky would open up and a beam of light shine down.."EXACTLY! I said" "Now you can understand why I spend hours and hours working on the `stang!" To keep her looking showroom new(better than showroom new!) The real truth is that my car was a little dirty, had not been washed since Saturday. (dust in Richmond is bad right now...we need rain.) Even so, the Klasse was still shinin` through!

The woman who owned the car next to us came out and saw my car and asked "what kind of wax do you use on that thing?" I chuckled as I thought of David B`s "Perfect Shine" FAQ. I admit, I had a mean streak for just a second(her car was filthy!) and I said "turtle wax" as I got into my car and drove away.

Okay, so you can all tell me Santa will bring me coal this year....I could`nt give away the Klasse secret....I mean, not to someone who probably washes their car once per month! I actually felt a little guilty later...and so I cleared my mind by offering to provide some Klasse to a weekend detail warrior down the street. At least I know he washes his car once per week.

Anyway, this is probably a meaningless post..just had to speak out concerning my satisfaction, and the fact that my wife finally understands this "detailing" disease that I have..

Oh one more Christmas goody in store for me...electrician just delivered a 5,000 KW heater for a ceiling mount in my garage! Best of all he gave it to me. The heater has a motorized fan on it and everything. Now I can look forward to heated Klasse application in winter! Whoops..sorry, not trying to rub anything in, especially for you folks up north who face -15 a lot.

SJ
    "Wax on Wax off"

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good story, but you can`t withold information concerning car wax It just not right I like to go to the dealer and park next to the "new" cars that my car is 2 years older than too.

I usually tell people to visit my website, cause I feel wierd telling them to go to autopia cause then I have to spell it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing can stop me, even the -15 with massive wind chill here in Boston, MA. I wash my car outside to the point where the water turns to ice. Frostbite? HA! I laugh in the face of frostbite, why do you think you have 10 fingers?? You can afford to spare a few for the car.

Last Saturday, in Boston! December 1st, it was 67 degrees. Weird eh?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    joe, you may possibly want the winter detailing thread

I did it last week it`s okay

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately the young lady with the dirty and seemingly uncared for stang would have been the perfect person to turn-on to paint sealants. In her case Klasse would have been perfect because of the simple per sealant requirements in comparison to Zaino. The purpose for sealants is it ability to protect longer and shine thru the grime. Hope Santa forgives you. At least recommend something that will not hurt her paint. Turtle Wax is just plain cruel.

I had a similar comment from my neighbor about my black glossy finish the other day. She state that she was driving toward me the other bright sunny day and stated she was blinded by the reflection. My respond was " That was one of my defenses against speed traps with my radar detector"( illegal in Va). I hope I`m not making enermies or potentially creating a traffic problem ( blinding on-coming traffic ).

This is after only ~10 coats of Z2/Z5. She asked me what I used and I stated a multi-stage Showcar polish. She already knew she wasn`t going to try this Zaino because of all the late evenings and nights she has seen me in my garages detailing the cars. Hopefully Santa will understand.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone still use Porsche Tequiment?

I still have half a bottle of this from 2003ish when it came with the bug sponge. I don`t even know if the product itself is actually good anymore. At any rate I did a search and didn`t find any mention of it,though I see PAC still carries/sells it.

It may just be a `there are cheaper items that do as good a job`, sometimes premium brand names make for lousy sales.

Thread Information