Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    My opinion:

Best cleaning detail sprays:

1. Z6
    2. Duragloss FCS

Best Show/Slickness detail spray:

1. Z8
    2. Aquawax
    I agree Bill, but Z8 and AW are not really QD`s, as it needs a clean surface to be applied.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99 View Post
    I agree Bill, but Z8 and AW are not really QD`s, as it needs a clean surface to be applied.
    True... more correctly defined as a "spray sealant", but nonetheless, both super-slick!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    True... more correctly defined as a "spray sealant", but nonetheless, both super-slick!
    I like both, but I think Z8 lasts longer. Some say it`s the same product. Dunno Hope your enjoying your 4th ridding in that beautiful vet with the top down.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are adding spray waxes, that is a totally different question. I think of the DG users that say they use AW regularly and get multi-months durability. I hope they would since they are applying a wax.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    For cleaning abilities, I love Poor Boys Spray & Wipe (It`s a waterless wash), and ONR at QD strength.

For looks, I like Poor Boys Spray & Gloss and Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap View Post
    I know M34 is supposed to clean polishing oils to some extent, and you say you use it sometimes in place of IPA. Since it is one of the tougher cleaning QDs, does it have any tendency to hurt the durability of LSPs if used as a touch-up QD as well? TIA
    Does anyone have an answer as to how these stronger QDs play with LSPs?

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post

I do really like M34 as a general prep- type QD and something to wipedowns panels when IPA acts up or gets very grabby.
    I spoke with Mike Pennington(Director of training at Meguiars) and Mike P. They both said that M34 is a QD and not a paint stripper. It`s not efficient at removing polishing oils.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I spoke with Mike Pennington(Director of training at Meguiars) and Mike P. They both said that M34 is a QD and not a paint stripper. It`s not efficient at removing polishing oils.
    My God, we are a sad group of little people. I see you and Dana on L2D, and he`s also on DB. And I know this because I`m on all three at once. No wonder my wife barely speaks to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    My God, we are a sad group of little people. I see you and Dana on L2D, and he`s also on DB. And I know this because I`m on all three at once. No wonder my wife barely speaks to me.
    LOL!!!! I`m on DB, too!!!

The wife comment is hilarious!

Post Thanks / Like
    Different user name on DB?

Post Thanks / Like
    Different user name on DB?
    Yes, but I`m in the process of getting is changed to 07 z-oh-6.

Post Thanks / Like
    FK 425 is just a very light cleaner at most and its just for light cleanig and gloss enhancing...but does its job great.

Post Thanks / Like
    For bird bombs, bugs, and attacks by alien creatures, I tend to turn to Last Touch as my first response.

But for ordinary quick detailing, my favorite so far is FK 425. I have had some occasional cloudiness. I presume that I put on too much product. I just can`t seem to get the hang of it. I usually use two fairly pluff microfiber towels, but after I noticed the haziness, I then went over the car again with FK425, but this time I used Megs` Ultimate Wipes. It really seems to do a better job removing excess detailer, leaving behind a clear finish.

I don`t like using a quick detailer. Every time one touches a black one, one risks generating swirls. But sometimes they are necessary. I can`t go through the entire wash routine every other day. I do have a life, after all. 425 does, however, change the look of the car in some imperceptible way. As I said, right now Luthien is wearing Souveran, yet after yesterdays quick detail with 425, it does change the look. The change is tiny and almost imperceptible; but I think it does change the look. It`s still a great look, but it`s no longer the Souveran look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information