Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry i couldnt remember it was u with the Trader guy`s link and all...good job again buddy...i remember u starting this thread back then...it s very interesting...thx..:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks FLONI.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Darbh. Your persistence in finding the "truth" should be admired.

Post Thanks / Like
    great work darbh! It seems that many oil based cleaners arnt bad just not as effective as in vegtible tanned leather (or non-auto leather) I am one of the people going around saying you should use 303 on your leather, and i should say that my only two sources were DavidB and Ronk, two excelent sources though. Nevertheless, ignoring the whole idealology behind it i just go by results. I have tried saddle soap (long time ago), lexol and griots cleaner/303 combo. My results are that the Griots cleans better than the lexol, which foams up nicely but is quite mild. I did a test and cleaned the seats first with lexol cleaner, then used griots interior cleaner and it removed all the grime and dirt that the lexol left behind. Now, lexol conditioner, smells nice, spreads nicely and leaves a subtle shine. The leather felt a litlle greasy, but it wasnt sticky or anything. The leather wasnt much softer. The 303 left a more even, satin finish, and wasnt greasy. I also like 303s water repelency and uv protection. The sadle soap i used on my dads old car a while ago (before i was enlightened), and it did seem to dry out the leather. So as far as results go, i prefer the griots and 303, but i agree we need more comprehensive data to just jump to a conclusion about whats unsafe/safe for leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    i too like the 303...ive only used it once so far...but i like it for many of the same reasons you listed.....the thing is....i really like the Pinnacle smell...and feel...so....i guess its pretty much still open to"what the exact answer is"......if there is one...IMHO...this thread could be noging for as long as we`re all here.... ...for now...i think its a combo....i just use soap/water and an MF to clean.then ill rotate with 303 or pinnalce conditoner til i figure it all out..........

Post Thanks / Like
    For smell I love the Zaino leather stuff.

The 303 kinda smells like limberger cheese or my brother after eating chili and drinking beer.

DO what I do FLONI go by the local drive through Daquairi store and get ya a Pina Colada or Rum Runner and all smells start to smell good after 16 oz or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don -- Thanks, buddy.

Brad -- good observations

FLONI -- good routine, but I would skip using the soap. I would wipe down with distilled water an MF regularly, then use a leather cleaner, such as Zaino leather cleaner, evey once in a while. Hey, I alternate a conditioner and 303, also!

Post Thanks / Like
    :p or.....we`re both nuts..........never used distilled water...i see that kind of water mentioned around here often.(for all different jobs)...what exactly is it that makes it ..."good"

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    distilled water is spottless, ie no mineral deposits to deposit where ever you use it. like on my black leather interior, if I use plain water to clean it`ll leave a salty haze (from the water softener) using distilled water is water in its purest form.

one thing to remember when rinsing out your sprayer/bottle whatever, is in your final rinse to use the distilled and pour it out, and to spray a couple of times to get the washing water out completely but relatively it`s expensive for water.

technically we should do all our final rinses in distilled water, towels, applicators, mitts (our cars!) etc, anyone want to install a distilled water system in their garages? :p

Post Thanks / Like
    I want a STILL!

I could make my own hooch! Oh wait you were talking about water.

Post Thanks / Like
    laws with u as marshal.hell...lets force the youngins to start drinkin...our kids are too soft today anyway:p .

steve........thx buddy i rememeber u liked the distilled water but i wasnt sure why.........makes sense...:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi FLONI -- one brief note: "purified" water is not the same thing as "distilled" water. Make sure to use distilled, only. What`s great is that it is 100% pure water. No minerals. So, when it evaporates, it leaves nothing. That`s why we like it. I have a small spray bottle in my counsul and a big spray bottle in my trunk. I have distilled water and car shampoo in a spray bottle, too. If I get a bird bomb, I soap with a little shampoo, let soak, then wipe. I then RINSE with sprays of distilled water. This routine if for when I am not at home.

Post Thanks / Like
    .i like the bird dooty treatment......:up .hopefully...if it doesnt rain too much tomorrow(i mean later today... )...and..no SNOW on Sunday.then i can get some stuff in.......thx guys......

Post Thanks / Like

Clay Bar Holder?

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on a holder for detailing clay. Problem I have with clay is that it gets so slippery it comes out of my hand and lands on the asphalt ruining it, thats any easy $15 down the tubes.

Saw some of the neat looking clay holders last season but never tried one, I read that they have mixed reviews.

I`m thinking a good holder will help me hang on to the clay so it won`t slip out of my hand, especially on vertical body panels.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to have a small portion of the clay protrude into your fingers. The holders are useless from what I`ve heard as one really needs to `feel` the clay working.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information