Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: wish me luck!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t want to get into Dawn verses ABC or anything like that.

My question is will Dawn do anything to the Klasse?

For example on my Passat I have AIOx1 and SGx2 with a topper of Collinite. I want to strip off the topper to try some Blitz. Would Dawn be the way to go? I don`t want to have to redo the Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 4mo [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I don`t want to get into Dawn verses ABC or anything like that.

My question is will Dawn do anything to the Klasse?
    For example on my Passat I have AIOx1 and SGx2 with a topper of Collinite. I want to strip off the topper to try some Blitz. Would Dawn be the way to go? I don`t want to have to redo the Klasse. [/b]</blockquote>
    My understanding is that to remove SG and AIO you need to use either alcohol diluted with water or full strength. Paint cleaners such as PPCL or Meguiars Medallion should also remove the Klasse. I don`t think Dawn will remove the Klasse but wait for a few more replies on this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn is caustic so it might thin out the Klasse, but Im no expert on this so....i know that its inherent alkalinity will definately strip wax but as far a sealants, im not 100% sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    you have to strip off the collinite to try the Blitz. Just give it a good wash and layer away with the Blitz. Unless the paint is not smooth and there are swirls on it, you wash it, fix the problems, Klasse, then finally put on the Blitz.

Snack time,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by 4mo
    <strong class=`bbc`> I want to strip off the topper to try some Blitz.[/b]</blockquote>
    Well, I guess I can stop wondering how good Collinite is.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    P21S wheel cleaner instantly removed the Klasse from my painted wheels that I`m working on. The wheels stopped beading right after washing. Guess I`m only doing that once a year. IMO, I wasn`t that impressed at it`s ablilty to remove old brake dust. The Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion did a better job.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    well I know one....

Dawn takes grease out of your way

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Mass. Wine Guy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

Well, I guess I can stop wondering how good Collinite is. [/b]</blockquote>

Not at all, I love the Collinite.
    I have used Blitz many times before and had been happy with it in the past. I have a new Passat that has never seen the Blitz.
    I used the Collinite the first time and have been very impressed with it.
    Now it`s time to check out the Blitz so I can see the difference.
    I may just do a test section so I can see a side by side.
    I really do like the Collinite. Just a quick wash with Ivory and she looks like I just finished waxing all over again.
    Don at DC CarCare tuned me on to it.

Do you guys have any tricks for putting on carnauba I always seem to get to much on. Nothing like using a truck load of towels to get it off

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a foam applicator pad and lightly dab some wax on it.

I then spread it onto the car with light pressure.

I let it haze for an hour or so, then it buffs off easily.

This is with Blitz. I think its rather technique and doing it over and over again until the technique is refined, but never perfect.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    For a carnuba it is very durable, maybe more so than blitz. Blitz is easier to work with though, in my opinion. I never tried using dawn on KLASSE yet, but I have an email from a KLASSE user that reported to me that a dawn washing removed KLASSE. Try it out and let us know what happens..........

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn will NOT remove Klasse. I`ve tried this before and I know from my results. Only an abrasive polish will completely remove Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    4mo,

Another quick question..again, not getting into a @$!! match here..but why Ivory for washing? Or were you just joking about washing with Ivory?

I understood that dishwashing liquids, no matter how mild were best left at the sink. Might be better to use a car wash shampoo instead of a dish washing soap.

I`ll say it one more time for closure...no flaming or challenge intended here..if you can prove that Ivory is good/does no damage to paint, and you like the results keep washing. I just thought even Ivory might not be good for your car`s paint over the long term.

YoSteve,

Despite my frantic post last week about EF-HI "browning" my tires I have found that it does not remove Klasse from wheels. I mix a 50/50 water/EF-HI mixture and the Klasse stays on. Not just the beading, but the aluminum is VERY smooth to the touch, so I know the Klasse AIO is sticking on there.

SJ
    "Wax on Wax off"

Post Thanks / Like
    to set the record straight, how did you determine that dawn did not strip it......also what kind of car, color, year, and how many coats? Thanks....

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been very happy with Ivory.
    I can`t speak for any other brands.
    I have always be told the dishwashing soap is bad.
    Ivory is very mild from my understanding.

The Collinite has been on coming up on a month now. I have hand washed with Ivory about 4 times and went through a touch less (no wax) about 6 times and it still looks great. I am still getting a great bead.

Here is where I got turn on to it.

DC CareCare

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Realize that a new car clear coat beads so beading is not a good evaluation of wax durability on healthy clear coat...

2. Washing with ivory is too harsh for an weekly car wash. I would recommend a quality car wash that will not strip the wax.

3. Dawn has a high alkaline content and really cuts through carnuba wax and oil well when one wishes to strip.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information