Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drying towel?

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just like I said, with one Big Blue III :wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    i purchased an ultimate drying towel from chemical guys and it worked quite well for me. the yellow one thats 24x36 or something like that. but once i correct my paint i`ll be going the leaf blower route.

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite drying towel is the ultra-soft waffle-weave from PakShak. I`ve tried several different drying towels, and this works best for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Every once in a while I will buy a nice waffle weave towel for drying cars. I just purchased 4 from Auto geek

But I just recently found a really nice quality drying towel at Target of all places. And they are only $7 and some change. They are very nice, and cheap too

Post Thanks / Like
    My most recent drying towel purchase was at Walmart a few months back. It was nice and plush and very absorbent. It was made be Armor All. Unfortunately, they are no around. Guess they didn`t sell well.

Post Thanks / Like
    To you guys that use (and rave about) the big blue towel, I am puzzled as I find the Big Blue towel just about useless?

All it seems to do is spread water around and at best turn large droplets into small ones. But not so small that they would not leave water marks. I find it absorbs very little water?

I use a leaf blower to blow dry the car and then use a big old 100% cotton bath towel. I`ve tried a side by side test with the Big Blue and it`s not even close.

Is there a technique or something I`m missing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the flooding method then the Big Blue Towel. I just got some Maguirs towels and they worked great to.

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff U View Post
    To you guys that use (and rave about) the big blue towel, I am puzzled as I find the Big Blue towel just about useless?

All it seems to do is spread water around and at best turn large droplets into small ones. But not so small that they would not leave water marks. I find it absorbs very little water?

I use a leaf blower to blow dry the car and then use a big old 100% cotton bath towel. I`ve tried a side by side test with the Big Blue and it`s not even close.

Is there a technique or something I`m missing?

Jeff,

There is no special technique, you may have gotten a bad towel. A while back we received a small batch of towels that were bad, yes bad microfiber. The towels were from China and not Korea, to our surprise. We thought we had replaced them all. Call Angelo on Monday and he will send you a new towel. If you have your order number it will be helpful, but if not, he can look it up. Sorry for the hassle.

jk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Jeff,

There is no special technique, you may have gotten a bad towel. A while back we received a small batch of towels that were bad, yes bad microfiber. The towels were from China and not Korea, to our surprise. We thought we had replaced them all. Call Angelo on Monday and he will send you a new towel. If you have your order number it will be helpful, but if not, he can look it up. Sorry for the hassle.

jk
    you kiddin me... i have the same feeling about my big blue ww. it just spreads the water and doesn`t remove it at all. i too thought it was something i was doing wrong. i`ll call ya soon. thanks jack

Post Thanks / Like
    Sal,

You may want to check out the "Microfiber Waffle Weave Drying Towel 20" x 40" from Showroom FX, formally Tropicare. I`ve used the Cobra waffle weaves and the Shamrock 750 MF towels, these from Showroom are the best out of the few I`ve used. Excellent at absorbing water free completely dry to fairly damp, no difference in performance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Jeff,

jk
    Jack,

I received my replacement towels (I had previously bought a set of two) and now understand why so many like the blue towels. Both of the ones I had must have been the bad batch. It is a night and day difference between the old and new. The new ones work great and the old are headed to the trash.

Thanks for the great customer service!

Jeff

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you found out the truth in the Big Blue III towels!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff U View Post
    Jack,

I received my replacement towels (I had previously bought a set of two) and now understand why so many like the blue towels. Both of the ones I had must have been the bad batch. It is a night and day difference between the old and new. The new ones work great and the old are headed to the trash.

Thanks for the great customer service!

Jeff
    +1.. the first time i used the new one i said to myself" now i get it" what a difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am shocked that no one has mentiond the Cobra Ultimate Guzzler. That towel will dry anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m using 5 & 6 square ffot microfiber towels I got from Walmart Advance Auto & Autozone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information