Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Test car was 1995 Lincoln Town Car (Silver) treated with AIOx2, SGx5 and Blitzx2.

Materials: Pinnacle Crystal Mist Spray (16oz) and a Miracle Towel.

Test Conditions: Car in garage and surface cool, temp in garage 68 degrees

First off, one of the best things I noticed about this QD is the spray bottle! It give a fine mist of the QD with a good spray pattern, it does not squirt out in streams like some other QD`s. The fine spray allow you to use less product. I only took 2 sprays to do half the hood of my Lincoln.

The QD itself is a milky white sort of color. It smells very nice, almost like a tropical drink. I sprayed it on the hood and then wiped with a MT. It spread very easily and had good lubrication, it glided over the surface with no friction. Then I flipped the towel over and wiped it off. The removal was great. There is no buffing involved at all, it just wipes right off. I did not see any streaking or hazing at all. I noticed that it really helped enhance the glass like appearance of my silver paint. To the touch the Crystal Mist made the paint super smooth, not really slick, but silky soft.....very nice!!

Overall, this is a excellent QD. It really helps enhance the look of the surface, it gives it the just waxed perfect look. The ease of use is amazing, no streaking or buffing required at all and the paint feels sooooo good when you are done. But, all this comes at a price.....a steep price. It is $19.95/16oz from CMA plus shipping. As much as I like this QD, I will not be using it everyday. It is just not economical. But if you are looking for a QD for special occasions when you really want to pamper your baby, give the Crystal Mist a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with your review. My experience it that CM is great after applying a fresh coat of Souveran or Paste Glaz. My pocket book just can`t take the strain of using it as my everyday QD... even though I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Who has tried the new formula ONR?

Who has tried the new formula ONR?

I have about 4 gallons of the original formula, so I won`t be needing any for a while!!!:clap:

I was wondering who has tried the new stuff!

As much as I like the original, I can`t imagine it being much better. I like how it works, how little is used for each washing, the slickness it leaves behind, and I like the scent. I even like the price!ancing Dot:

How does the new compare to the "old"?:biggrin:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used it a few times now.

The new scent is pleasant, much better than the old stuff. The only real difference I`ve noticed so far is that it does leave a slicker feel to the paint when you dry it off. Other than that it seems about the same.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with RaskyR1, it leaves a really nice finish. It looks like I used a QD on it after using the new ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

I know deep down inside you want to try the new formula.

What I would do is use the remaining four gallons for wheels,tires, and perhaps as a clay lube. That way you can still purchase the new formula and use the old one as well.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    Bill,

I know deep down inside you want to try the new formula.

What I would do is use the remaining four gallons for wheels,tires, and perhaps as a clay lube. That way you can still purchase the new formula and use the old one as well.
    Nick... you know me so well! I`ll go through it in no time. Between my daily rides and customer cars, I use ONR almost every day! Still, a gallon seems to last forever.....................
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine gallons of joy is on the way home. Cant wait to try the new formula out. Its been uber dry here. Even some big bush fires around the neighborhood. Haven`t been raining for months.
    Still learning....

Post Thanks / Like
    I will admit that I still had about a 1/5 gallon left of the old stuff left but decided to order the new anyway.

I`ll probably give my old one to a family member.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Who has tried the new formula ONR?

... I have about 4 gallons of the original formula, so I won`t be needing any for a while!!!:clap:
    +1! I don`t have 4 gal. but I too have a lot left.

A friend of mine just got a gallon of the new, so I naturally (or unnaturally) "borrowed" some. I`m not sure if I like the new smell or not, but I`ve got to tell you, it really leaves a great shine or gloss afterwards.:thumbup: I was supprised by the seemingly increase in shine, but I need to use it more to say for sure. It looks like after I washed, I spayed a QD on it, like Strokin04 said. IMHO, there is a definite difference from the old formula.

Now I need to go through what I have left, with mixed emotions.:money:LOL
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I will admit that I still had about a 1/5 gallon left of the old stuff left but decided to order the new anyway.

I`ll probably give my old one to a family member.
    I`ve got 4 sons.... I could give each of them a gallon!!!!! And buy the new stuff!:wink::cornut:
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got 4 sons.... I could give each of them a gallon!!!!! And buy the new stuff!:wink::cornut:
    FATHER of the YEAR!!! :thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokin04 View Post
    FATHER of the YEAR!!! :thumbup:
    Then again... maybe not! None of them are really "car-guys" like their old man. I don`t think they`d know what to do with the ONR!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then again... maybe not! None of them are really "car-guys" like their old man. I don`t think they`d know what to do with the ONR!
    What a thoughtful and loving father. You are always thinking of others:biggrin:

If this new formula is slicker then the original, I can`t wait to try it out:clap:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used ONR, but it sounds like I`d better get with the program! I noticed that a lot of online merchants are discounting the original formula, but I`ll probably go with the new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information