Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, not really but I would like to know how well those microfiber wash mits sold by CMA work on glass. The reason I am asking this is I am looking to buy one for cleaning interior glass.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the Miricle towels on my windows. If dirty, I use a terrycloth towel first and dry with the Miricle towel. I use a dedicated M towel on the inside window surface. They work very well....but they aren`t 100% all the time. I have a new car that has tons of gases excaping from the leather and vyanl interrior so the inside of the window is in constant need of cleaning.

I`m satisfied with the Miricle towel. Also I only use water to clean my windows....no solutions.

Anyone use solutions with the Mirical towels?

Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately, I don`t have a lot of problem with hazing on my interior windows. I`ve used the mf mitt (dry) on the interior for dusting, but not for specifically washing interior windows.

The reason for this is that the mf on the mitt is similar to the Miracle/Magic Towel where it has looped ends and not feathered or split ends like the Viper Glass Cleaning cloth. This makes for larger beading which if not removed makes the glass look sloppy.

I`ve been very happy with my Viper Glass cloth, but the secret is to wet it with water and WRING `til the cows come home!! (in other words, as dry as you can get it). Now you can apply any solutions you wish (or plain water). I usually follow up with a second Viper cloth or a Miracle/Magic Towel just to buff everything down and make it look snazzy.

By the way, my glass cleaning solution is a 1/3 mix of vinegar, water, and alcohol. Seems to work pretty well, but some people may not like the smell (which goes away pretty quick, anyways).

Prinz - Go ahead and get the mf mitt no matter what. I think you`ll find that you`ll love it for paint washing. I think that it works really well and I`ve not noticed any scratching.

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I want to get one is that I want to be able to get the lower corners of windows more effectively. Working on my Pastor`s Concorde gave me the idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Reaching into the corners of my rear window can be annoying for me. I`m 6`4" and barely even fit into my own backseat, so I`ve been thinking of devising some type of flexible, non-scratching ghetto-rigged window corner cleaner that will allow me to clip on any type of cloth I want.

I`ll keep you posted

BTW, I like the microfiber mitt idea as well, any others have comments on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the same problem. The following product is made to handle the problem. And, it comes in MF! I ordered it, received it, but have not yet used it (lent it to a friend, who has not yet used it either).

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1001&SKU=90247

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.topoftheline.com/micglaspad.html

It also is covered by MF. I just use a towel and push it down... usually it is not too dirty in my car. Or I use a blunt stick/end of a brush/que tip inside the towel and push.

I thought about trying this product... but not right now... Maybe later.
    Personalized Key Ring Man

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, I see I wasn`t the only one with this idea. I may merely (gasp) make something more like Griot`s product for this if I can get the materials. $23 is a little steep for this.

Does anyone have any experience with the TOL product mentioned above? I have found that after getting my windows crystal clear, I roll them down the next day only to get dust on them from inside of the "door window track."

BTW, the neighborhood kid idea sounds like a good solution to this..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    ive had a MF mitt for almost a yr now...i got it to get the snow off my car in the winter...i was afraid those big brush thingys would scratch the paint...so i just put it on and push the snow off....now u got me thinking about the window corners....especially aroung the brake light...even when i take the big piece off....thats a PITA to get too...forget the corners....you guys are trouble makers....

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know how it goes! I really have problems fitting a cloth in there with my big ogre clumsy hands. I`m curious about the MF mitt idea because it would be much easier just to use my fingertips. I suppose I should get an ultrasuede MF and just wrap it around my hand to try this out...Bed Bath and Beyond is supposed to have some good over the counter ones.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like suede mf`s for glass but the only thing about it is that you have to apply full contact behind the towel. This is the advantage of lets say the terry mf. I use my sponge covered laquer brush (the ones I use to apply Black Magic Semi-gloss Dashboard protecant) in conjunction with one of my mf`s, just put it in the corner and wipe across the window.

The other thing that might help you out is to get one of those telescopic Swiffer poles with the rubber head and use a mt instead of a swiffer. That way not only can you do cars, but your whole kitchen
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Josiah [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>http://www.topoftheline.com/micglaspad.html

It also is covered by MF. I just use a towel and push it down... usually it is not too dirty in my car. Or I use a blunt stick/end of a brush/que tip inside the towel and push.

I thought about trying this product... but not right now... Maybe later. [/b]</blockquote>
    Now that`s what I`m talkin` about!!

But for the flatter portions, I am wondering if using a MF mitt would be effective since we are already using MTs on windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Gimp [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I think I need something on the end of a pole or something to reach them properly. That or stick to flat glass. [/b]</blockquote>
    Reminds me of This Product. It might be useful for you Gimp.

Post Thanks / Like
    from griots...and the one from topoftheline....now i know im in trouble...everytime u guys send pics of things i donthave....i want them all...but i get to the checkout part of the order and say....Whoa...maybe the Xmas sale is coming....and i chicken out.....i like the topoftheline one a little better...smaller...that other thing looks huge...

Post Thanks / Like
    The Griots product seems like a very good idea. Darbh, you should give your buddy a ring so that you can use it and give us the details. Laters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information