Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys all helped out immensely with the floormat issue and I just thought of another.

I bought the car used and the girl who owned it previously waxed it regularly but did so pretty haphazardly so there`s wax in every crevase and on the rubber weatherstripping.

What shall I use to get that stuff looking new again? the little white stripes just aren`t making me happy.

EDIT:

I did get this already:

Post Thanks / Like
    are trying to remove wax.If you are just looking for something to make it look newer then probably a water based product like 303 protectant.I think I remember an older thread that said you should not use silicone based products on the rubber weatherstripping of newer cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Todd [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>are trying to remove wax.If you are just looking for something to make it look newer then probably a water based product like 303 protectant.I think I remember an older thread that said you should not use silicone based products on the rubber weatherstripping of newer cars. [/b]</blockquote>well I`m going to do the entire car with Klasse AIO and SG w/ Blitz 1G in a couple weeks so I`ll be stripping it all off anyway but I`d like to (if possible) remove the wax rather than treating the rubber with something.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use alcohol clean it afterward with some soap and then try to treat it with a water based product.If this is not close enough to new for you someone else will have to give you and idea of a product to dye it with. I have never tried any of these and would not want to give bad info.Good luck

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    peanut butter and alcohol, sounds like a party, I`m there !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did I read party with Booze?

When? Where?

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve.Com [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>peanut butter and alcohol, sounds like a party, I`m there !!!! [/b]</blockquote>LOL! I was told this before as well!!

Crunchy or smooth?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    smooth

Post Thanks / Like
    Dielectric Silicone Grease!

It is what is recommended by GM for use on my weatherstripping to keep is soft and in like new condition. I have used it and it really does keep it looking and feeling new. A guy I know has a vehicle that`s over 10 years old and has done this for years. His stripping looks like the day he bought it. Not to mention it keeps all squeaks and rattles at bay!

Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t use that Back To Black it`s junk , it will kill rubber faster than Armor All.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Andre` [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Don`t use that Back To Black it`s junk , it will kill rubber faster than Armor All. [/b]</blockquote>
    i would have to disagree with that... back to black is good in terms of making ur black plastic trims looking better again, i have it myself. but the thing is, it only COVERS that haze caused by waxes and does not REMOVE them. peanut butter works because of the peanut oil in it. so rubbing peaunut oil will have the same effects i beleive.

CMA has this covered under their detailing info section. they suggested using Eagle One Black Trim Restorer... im about to try that product next week to see if it really works. i also started a thread with this same exact question awhile ago. just search for threads started by me.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the long run i have found that product to dry and crack rubber trim , but that`s my OP.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Andre` [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>In the long run i have found that product to dry and crack rubber trim , but that`s my OP. [/b]</blockquote>It has been my experience that Andre` usually knows what he is talking about (but that`s just my opinion)
    ~Footy

My lawyers have advised me to say nothing until the results of the blood test come through...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using Eagle One Black Trim rest. for 3 weeks. Works like a champ.

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as getting the wax off, others may have better ideas, but I have been successful using Simple Green and a small fingernail brush.

Now, to restore the weathstripping, I have actually used mineral oil, applied or rubbed in with #### steel wool. Low-tech, low-cost and it seems to rehydrate tired weatherstripping or black rubber bumper parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information