Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

What I do not like about the 2 bucket method

When using the two bucket method and a wool mitt, even though I wring out the wool mitt after each rinse, I feel the mitt is less saturated with soap/suds. I just think it is not right...less lubricity, less cleaning, etc.

I suspect the retained water in the mitt from the rinse bucket dilutes the soap picked up in the mitt. Also, the process wringing out the water from the mitt (twisting it) to minimize the water is likely not good for the mitt.

I could add soap to the rinse bucket but that would just increase soap usage.

I am wondering if a sponge works better in a two bucket since you get the water out of the sponge better and quickly re-saturate the sponge with soap.

Do others experience something similar?
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Try

Try the mf mitts they are nice,last a long time and wring out nicely without damage. They have fingers of mf all over the mitt they are the bomb.

Always have an extra few around,rotate them after they get worn. The two bucket method saves me here when dirt,salt,sand are factors in winter washing...

Its the only way 2 go with the grit guard.

Post Thanks / Like
    When doing a traditional 2 BM wash, I like to use the LC Ulti-Mitt.
    http://www.properautocare.com/ulfowami.html

It holds a great deal of soap and rinses most of it out in the rince bucket. I`ll never stop using this one.:clap::thumbup:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    When doing a traditional 2 BM wash, I like to use the LC Ulti-Mitt.
    http://www.properautocare.com/ulfowami.html

It holds a great deal of soap and rinses most of it out in the rince bucket. I`ll never stop using this one.:clap::thumbup:
    Dang it! Just when I thought I was going to save a little money this month!!!!:drool5:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the two bucket method , its the best concept for washing a car without scratching your finish.
    Now, I start with my second bucket filled with clear warm water...but each time I dip my wash mitt in bucket 2 it transfers soap....so when I get to washing the bottom half of the car with a fresh wash mitt....the suds are there in the second bucket......I love it !
    Try this one....but I like to keep everything very wet and soapy....you want dirt or debris to be very fluid....thats the whole concept !! ancing Dot:

http://www.properautocare.com/grmichwapad.html

I also have one of these....http://www.properautocare.com/gilmour.html
    This is the best thing since pockets on a shirt....really, its great to loosen dirt and helps to keep the car very lubricated with suds while you are working around the car....I love this puppy too !..hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill buxton View Post
    Try the mf mitts they are nice,last a long time and wring out nicely without damage. They have fingers of mf all over the mitt they are the bomb.

Always have an extra few around,rotate them after they get worn. The two bucket method saves me here when dirt,salt,sand are factors in winter washing...

Its the only way 2 go with the grit guard.
    I have chenille mf mitts (dreadlock) too. For some reason, I do not like them as well as the wool mitt.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I have chenille mf mitts (dreadlock) too. For some reason, I do not like them as well as the wool mitt.
    Bunky.
    for what its worth....wring out ? I dont do that at all....I plunge from the grit guard in the wash bucket right into the second bucket....back into the wash bucket and very lightly across the cars paint......very wet.....very lubricated.
    Now , if the car is very dirty,I would spray off the wash mitt with the hose before it hits the second bucket.
    :biggrin:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information