Post Thanks / Like
    Long time lurker, first time poster...a month ago I purchased a Honda Civic LX. My car sits outside 12 months a year. I wash it weekly and use Zaino when needed. As winter is quickly approaching (yuk), how can I remove the snow without scratching the paint? Does a product exist? Any suggestions?

Also, this past week I purchased a couple of 3M Perfect-It Show Car Detailing Cloths. Can`t wait to use them.

Post Thanks / Like
    one of the senior members less than 2wks ago...talking about this....that he used a long stick with a terry-coated foam applicator to get it off......saome just drive it off....and i remeber that that made some other members crazy!!!!!because they were always behind these kind of guys...lol

do a search....snow removal or sumthin like that...

try this....http://autopia-carport.com/forum/sho...t=snow+removal

Post Thanks / Like
    I never push against the paint. Leave a thin coating on top so you are not actually rubbing the surface causing scratches. There is a lot of particulate matter and debris in snow.

A brush is safer than a hardedge but be careful because if dragged on bare paint the nylon brush bristles will scratch too.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Buy a gas powered leaf blower and blow the snow off. I am sure the neighbors will appreciate that early in the morning

A large cotton towel tied or duct taped to a broom stick was mentioned and sounds like a good idea. There is a product called SnoBrum that is a sponge snow removal tool.

With all of the snow we had(25 inches) last December I am definitely not looking forward to this winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Snow, is that the stuff they make Daquiris from?

I love the leave blower idea! I use that to sometimes dry the truck and blow extra water out of them spots that love to drip for hours like mirrors and body trim.

Just becareful that you do not suck up snow and blast your car with it. I do not think that would be good. I guess snow/ice can be abrasive.

Ah heck, move south where we have no snow!

Post Thanks / Like

Metro Master Blaster 8hp Blower/Dryer...

Anyone tried one yet?

Sure it`s expensive but to dry a car without touching it would be a HUGE plus to me.
    Just wondered if anyone could review it...

One other question. Is the air heated? ...or is it the same temp as the air that`s drawn in?

Thanks!
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Gary,

I just heard about it from the VP Marketing at MetroVac, yesterday. He said they are for sale now and the pricing should be $300 or so, or less, depending on how much markup the people resell them for.

It can be seen here - cardryerdotcom - Look at bottom left for the Air Force Master Blaster and open up the link. Its supposed to have 3 different levels of filtered air and heat and comes with alot of accessories.

It looks like a good unit, designed off of the metrovac I have today that has one 4hp motor. Two motors this size must make alot of air I would imagine.

I would like it because a hose with a neoprene nozzle is way easier to use and can get into places the leaf blower cant as easily because of the bulk and weight..

I see now that PAC is selling one but its named incorrectly and theirs doesnt seem to come with all the attachments of the "Air Force Master Blaster" seen on the Metro Vac site - cardryerdotcom.... Hmmmmmmm

The small version that Pac is selling also doesnt have exactly the same name as MetroVac`s version on that same website. so I dont know what is going on...

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one. The air IS heated. It is heated by the air passing over the motors so when you flip it on it`s not hot...but the longer you are blowing your car off the warmer it gets. I have never measured the temp, but it does get up to where you notice it holding the end piece. I wouldn`t say it becomes "painful" but you notice...

I heard some people say that they didn`t like that fact because sometimes it causes evaporation of the water as fast as it blows is off. To be honest, when I was washing my black car in Tulsa Oklahoma (never measured the water, but it was hard enough to leave spots on the car if not dried) I DID feel like I noticed this happening a little when trying to blow off a large flat panel (ie vette hood). It was unequaled by anything I`ve used as far as blowing water out of crevices etc. like side mirrors or side marker lights... it was GREAT for that. It blows HARD. If you let go of the hose with both motors running it will flip around like you`d think of a firehose doing....

Was it worth it... hmm... I can`t decide. I also used a CR Spotless filter on my black car and I think the combo was great. If you are fighting hard water... it WILL evaporate the water on large surfaces leaving small spots. Again, this was on my black car. I`m just a hobbyist, not a professional so I only used it on my black car... so with other colors it might be great... sorry I haven`t used it on enough cars for a great review... but that`s what I can add as far as master blasters go.

It is definitely a great tool if you have a car, or detail cars with lots of crevices or body mouldings etc. that tend to drip down later after you`ve dried your car.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like
    Very good information... thanks Dan, thanks Rob.

I have a Metro Vac n Blo that I got from PAC and it`s invaluable for me, as far as interiors go.

I`ll have to ponder a little further on the Master Blaster idea.

Once again, thanks for the feedback!
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Gary,

You are welcome ! Glad to help ..

Not to put any pressure on you or anything but the Spring15 discount code drops the price of this Metro Blaster, by some $48 and change, and free shipping...

Good luck with this, hope it works out like you want it to.

If nothing else, you can always plug the hose into your Metrovac Exhaust port today and get a pretty good blast of air out of it using say the crevice nozzle, etc.

On really dirty cars, I like to try to blow air though them with all the doors and window open to help get rid of alot of little stuff and make my initial vacuum not as hard. Sometimes I use my leaf blower for this but the MetroVac exhaust is probably easier and certainly the smaller nozzel is easier to use under the seats, dashboard, etc..

Dan F

Thread Information