Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all of the input?
    Yesterday I went and bought a clay bar. This morning I cleaned a small area on the car to see the results of the clay bar. I was disappointed. I just sort of dulled the scratch. While I was out, my neighbor came over to see what I was doing?.he looked at the marks then said he had something that would work. He returned from his garage with an applicator pad and Klasse All-In-One. Rubbed the mark and yippee it was gone. He is a new neighbor, so we chatted awhile about cars and cleaning?.Anyhow he said when I?m ready to do a full cleaning of the car he would lend me his buffer and point me in the right direction. Needless to say I?m fired up about detailing the car. Just waiting for snow to melt and some free time. I figure mid-March I should be out cleaning??In the mean time I will be reading and learning as much as possible?.while putting together a shopping list??Here is a picture of the car when I brought it home??I?ll post before and after photos when I get her cleaned.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    If claybar does not work try a mild compound, it should come out very easy. Does not look deep.

Nik
    www.simplydents.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnuba Wax has usually worked well for me - so long as it is not a physical scratch

Post Thanks / Like
    To the OP, glad to hear it worked out for you. It was plastic scraper remnants on the paint vs. an actual scratch, which is why the AIO worked so well (the cleaning action just dissolved the remnants on the paint). Nice car BTW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear KAIO took care of your marks. One thing you mentioned set off alarm bells in my head:

Quote Originally Posted by SunDaze View Post
    Anyhow he said when I?m ready to do a full cleaning of the car he would lend me his buffer and point me in the right direction.
    If your neighbor has a DA polisher this could be a good thing. If he has a "buffer", as in rotary, I wouldn`t expect him to turn you loose on your black car. The combination of a rotary in inexperienced hands and a black finish can produce some unpleasant results.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDaze View Post
    In the mean time I will be reading and learning as much as possible?.
    This is a good thing. :clap:

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell View Post

If your neighbor has a DA polisher this could be a good thing. If he has a "buffer", as in rotary, I wouldn`t expect him to turn you loose on your black car. The combination of a rotary in inexperienced hands and a black finish can produce some unpleasant results.

TL
    Thanks TL

I will keep this in mine when I talk with him more.

Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information