Thread: Hey Tuck.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got some scratches in the clear coat finish of my Dodge Ram Pickup, anyone know an easy fix?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Tuck.....

Or anyone else. Figured since Nick drives a truck he may have a tried and true solution.

I clean every inch of my GMC pickup except the one area I`ve never developed a satisfactory solution for... the areas in between the cab and the pickup bed. About the most workable solution thus far is using a snowbrush with a microfiber wrapped around it and velcroed. Works OK with ONR and spray waxes... kinda. I spend more time than I`d like under the truck retrieving MFs though. This is something I usually only do once or twice a year but there`s got to be a better way.

Speaking of getting to nooks and crannies, I picked a set of these up at a local Yamaha dealer and they work slick as snot.

http://pimpstixxx.com

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the EZ Detail Wheel brush in that area and it works fairly well... lots of suds and soapy lather, scrub the gap, then rinse. (Not quite long enough to get all the way to the center bottom, so a microfiber on a yardstick would work for that.

Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually have never truly cleaned the area in bewtween the cab and the bed. The only thing I have done is pressure wash it and spray some soap and water in there and then rinsed but thats about it. Sorry.

Be sure to let us know if you find a good solution.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    On the farm my grandfather rigged up a couple different length poles and attaches brushes on the end. The short one 3-4` was for the small trucks and a longer 6` one for the bigger trucks. Spray, scrub, rinse. It was a little messy but not too bad.

PAC has a rig that might work:

http://www.properautocare.com/adflwabr.html

it even hose the hose end attachment!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I`ve used the EZ Detail Wheel brush in that area and it works fairly well... lots of suds and soapy lather, scrub the gap, then rinse. (Not quite long enough to get all the way to the center bottom, so a microfiber on a yardstick would work for that.
    Been there, done that, a decent partial solution but like you say, not long enough. Although I read in Cosmo that size doesn`t matter! :p

Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    I actually have never truly cleaned the area in bewtween the cab and the bed.
    GASP! Tell me it ain`t so!

Quote Originally Posted by MB Fan View Post
    On the farm my grandfather rigged up a couple different length poles and attaches brushes on the end. The short one 3-4` was for the small trucks and a longer 6` one for the bigger trucks. Spray, scrub, rinse. It was a little messy but not too bad.

PAC has a rig that might work:

http://www.properautocare.com/adflwabr.html

it even hose the hose end attachment!
    I don`t think the head would fit in the narrow space. I`ve got an inch and a half gap at best.

I figured somebody would`ve found a more elegent solution rather than having to reinvent the wheel. I think I`m gonna modify my MF-on-extension trick and see if I can attach an old narrow sponge on the end of a yardstick, snowbrush, pole or whatever. Wrapping and velcroing a MF around that may give me the additional tautness needed to keep the MF from coming off when getting a bit vigorous.

The really thorough method is done from underneath. However, it gets a little wet down there slitherin` around. Good opportunity to polish the shocks while I`m there though. :wink:

Thanks... TL

Post Thanks / Like
    I also just blast that area

The real tricky spot I see ppl miss is the area behind the rear tires....surrounded by the bumper.....kinda hard to explain, but if you`ve ever washed a late model Chevy you gotta know what I mean Boo Hoo

Post Thanks / Like
    Would this work: http://www.properautocare.com/trcapwabr.html
    Only a half an inch thick.
    Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doctordon View Post
    Yes I beleive that would work ^ Wonder how long the handle is :wizard:

Man,Jack/Angelo/Todd... I`ve said it before and I`m sure I`ll say it again...What Will You Think Of Next :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The real tricky spot I see ppl miss is the area behind the rear tires....surrounded by the bumper.....kinda hard to explain, but if you`ve ever washed a late model Chevy you gotta know what I mean Boo Hoo
    Gotta reach up from underneath the back unless you don`t care for skin on your knuckles.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doctordon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yes I beleive that would work ^ Wonder how long the handle is :wizard:
    Sez 48 inches.

Custom made for the chore :w00t:

In the meantime I found a chenille squeegee-shaped thingie in the garage I never had a clue where it came from, never used it... just keep moving it out of my way. Once I find a threaded handle to stick it on I`ll give it a try.

TL

Thread Information