Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch this video guys,there are things I would do different....I want to see what you guys think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0996428313622#

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    Watch this video guys,there are things I would do different....I want to see what you guys think.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...0996428313622#
    Just a couple things...

1. By not using 2 buckets, all the dirt is going into the ONR. So I always use a "rinse" bucket.

2. It appeared he was wringing or shaking the ONR water off his cleaning mitt. I slop on as much water a possible.

3. I don`t dry each panel after washing. I dry after I`m completely finished. (If the weather is warm or hot, then I dry each panel afte washing)

Actually, he`s washing according to manufacturers instructions.

But remember, he`s not washing a FILTHY car with crusted on dirt and dried salt spray. Completely different animal.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Just a couple things...

1. By not using 2 buckets, all the dirt is going into the ONR. So I always use a "rinse" bucket.

2. It appeared he was wringing or shaking the ONR water off his cleaning mitt. I slop on as much water a possible.

3. I don`t dry each panel after washing. I dry after I`m completely finished. (If the weather is warm or hot, then I dry each panel afte washing)

Actually, he`s washing according to manufacturers instructions.

But remember, he`s not washing a FILTHY car with crusted on dirt and dried salt spray. Completely different animal.
    Bill,
    even though the car didnt look trashed or anything,that first pass on the rear quarter....the mitt was dirty as hell, I would have rinsed the mitt with a hose....why contaminate beings he was outside....well ,a different situation anyway...not a winter job....
    I guess you guys like that product,it sure gets a lot of print around here,must be good stuff....:biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    Bill,
    even though the car didnt look trashed or anything,that first pass on the rear quarter....the mitt was dirty as hell, I would have rinsed the mitt with a hose....why contaminate beings he was outside....well ,a different situation anyway...not a winter job....
    I guess you guys like that product,it sure gets a lot of print around here,must be good stuff....:biggrin:
    That`s exactly why I use the rinse bucket. The whole idea of ONR is that you don`t have to mess with a hose. A lot of times, during the winter, I`m washing in the garage, no hose, no drain.

Even during the summer, with a customer car,when doing a full detail, ONR is MUCH faster. I can save 20-40 minutes by using ONR.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    That`s exactly why I use the rinse bucket. The whole idea of ONR is that you don`t have to mess with a hose. A lot of times, during the winter, I`m washing in the garage, no hose, no drain.

Even during the summer, with a customer car,when doing a full detail, ONR is MUCH faster. I can save 20-40 minutes by using ONR.
    Yeah , Ok . I watched a video of the Griots Dude with two buckets indoors a while back doing the same thing.That is a good way to keep a hold on the addiction factor in brutal weather....:biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Not only did he only use 1 bucket, but he didn`t use a Grit Guard. I actually do a 3BM with GG to do an ONR. The third is for the wheels and wells. However, if you are only going to use one bucket, you really should use the Grit Guard. If not, when you rince your wash media , you are putting all the crud back into the ONR, therefore, back into the wash media, and then you risk scratching the paint.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Not only did he only use 1 bucket, but he didn`t use a Grit Guard. I actually do a 3BM with GG to do an ONR. The third is for the wheels and wells. However, if you are only going to use one bucket, you really should use the Grit Guard. If not, when you rince your wash media , you are putting all the crud back into the ONR, therefore, back into the wash media, and then you risk scratching the paint.
    Barry,
    I think I do recall seeing a grit guard in the bucket in the beginning, but it still wasnt a good demo I think, but he did say at one point to use two buckets.
    I just thought I would air it for the cars !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information