Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Given the low humidity in Denver (75% of the time), everything dries quickly. I find dried soap difficult to remove, especially from the windows so I wash a section, starting with the roof, rinse well then use a blower and finally a MF cloth to dry the section...then on to another section.

It is a given that I need to redry the overspray on completed sections (even when using the flood method), especially the glass, but that`s the price I pay to live in Colorado!

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad someone tried it but I suspect come back would be you used the wrong soap. I was going to try it today,....maybe I will wait.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I am glad someone tried it but I suspect come back would be you used the wrong soap.
    I`ve heard that argument so over the past year I tried seven different soaps - not much difference regarding the drying/residue issue.

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    i use bill`s method of washing and rinsing a section at a time, but i also realized that it was the hard water causing spots. so i purchased a water de-ionizer the solved all my water spot problems....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    i use bill`s method of washing and rinsing a section at a time, but i also realized that it was the hard water causing spots. so i purchased a water de-ionizer the solved all my water spot problems....
    I have a whole house water softener and that eliminated 99% of any water spot issues for me.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad someone tried it but I suspect come back would be you used the wrong soap. I was going to try it today,....maybe I will wait.
    It wasn`t Adam`s soap nor Adam`s DVD. But, it was the soap the vendor sells and recommends for that type of wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a whole house water softener and that eliminated 99% of any water spot issues for me.
    Which brings up an interesting question... back in the day dear old Dad had a hopped up black VW bug that was his pride and joy. It was the car that taught me the joys of the old paste Simoniz that welded itself to the finish

Dad was real proud when he plumbed in a whole house water softener. I wasn`t wild about it because the water was so soft you couldn`t seem to rinse the soap off in the shower. It sure made the soap more effective though!

First time Dad washed the Bug right after a Simoniz job he was flabbergasted. Not a bead to be found! So he rewaxed. Next time he washed same thing, after latherin` it up and rinsing there wasn`t a bead to be found. After a little research he announced he`d learned soft water stripped the wax by virtue of increasing the effectiveness of the detergent. (DuPont powdered car wash in the silver canister, IIRC) So he replumbed the outside faucet to bypass the soft water supply and was rewarded with unsoftened water and Simoniz that now stayed put.

This is brought to mind when someone says they use softened water to wash cars. So what`s anyone else`s experience? Does soft water contribute to stripping wax?

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Yeah, I used to do it that way, but I found that I was wiping off dried soap with my drying towel, so I switched to intermittent rinsing.
    I`m the same way, I`ll rinse after each panel I wash. When I am all done that`s when I actually flood rinse. I found the same thing though with just a flood rinse with out rinsing with pressure after each panel. Soap was still everywhere and I was just drying that and I was left with streaking and spots especially the windows if you don`t rinse the right after soaping.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information