Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pressure Washer

Post Thanks / Like
    eom

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly Beau, Detailkings post was also deleted. So there is no post to be found. Also for your information Detailking, I was simply mentioning what Ron said. Those were not my words, so don`t ruffle your feathers. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found Ron K to be extremely helpful. I think we should all be thankful that we have someone of his stature on this board. Ron dosen`t use his position in the industry to wrongly sway people. Nor have I found him to look down on others. He simply gives you the facts based on his own knowledge and experience. And isn`t that what he is supposed to do? Isn`t that what we want? It`s what I want. Keep up the good work Ron. Your insight is invaluable to this board member.

Take it easy everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don2000g:

Ron Does not have ANY 70/30 microfiber towels on his site. He has two different plushness 80/20 towels.

Ron`s explanation in this post is wrong also:
    http://autopia-carport.com/forum/sho...?threadid=1817

I`ll repeat again, the polyester/polyamide percentage has nothing to do with plushness.

Ron also believes in the Valugard dealer applied paint sealants that last for 3 years and beyond. I don`t believe that there is anyone on this site that would expect 3 years protection with a paint sealant.

JS writes: "As a matter of fact he gave a good explanation of why it made little sense to include a flex agent in a paint sealant." No he didn`t. Here was one of his "explanations":"Polymer sealants flex, if you will, because the coating is so thin." He also states,"why would any mfger...want to put in the product an additive that makes the final product less dense, less protective".

He assumes that the flex agent used in Zaino is the same one that is used in the paints. Prove to me that they are the same.

He assumes that Zaino is the same as Nufinish also. He has stated numerous times that he believes if you followed Zaino`s instructions with Nufinish you would get the same results.

[Edited by RIC on 07-27-2001 at 02:41 PM]

Post Thanks / Like
    JS

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate them. The problem is created when one party departs from the presentation of information and, instead, PERSONALIZES the communication. Personalization shifts the discussion from the scientific and objective issues to the character of the people.

Personalization typically involves insults to the intelligence or integrety of the other party. One tip off -- one thing that tells you if pesonalization is occuring -- is the EMOTIONAL TONE of the communication. Scientific communications are rational and objective in tone. Personalized comments have negative emotional tones (like scorn, ridicule, outrage, indignation, or belittlement).

Comments like: "DetailKing, now you`ve done it. You`ve mentioned a lot of bull in the past and now you`ve just gone overboard. Ron went on to mention that it was a total crock" are not objective responses to the information or views of another. The words "bull," "overboard," and "crock" are inflamatory. The word "bull" insults the basic integrety of the person. It does not say, "I`m sorry, but I think that the facts are that . . . . " Instead, it can mean, "I think you are a liar or, at least, you are pretty sloppy with the truth."

Once you use words that point at the person and either overtly or, by innuendo, imply that the person might be a liar or have trouble dealing with the truth, you have personalized.

Personalization is unwise and creates conflict where none needs to exist. Assaulting someone, personally, does not sort out the facts of the matter being discussed and is not scientific. It certainly is not good manners and is rude.

So, personalization creates no good and just causes trouble, without creating any offsetting benefit. In short, personalization is destructive behavior.

I`m writing all that down...

Post Thanks / Like

fax me a copy....

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone here actually seen a case of a "quality" polymer wax causing damage to paint?

White_F150

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, Ron has mentined that 70/30 blend have more fibers per square inch. I don`t remember him stating that his 80/20 towels are the best. In fact, I don`t remember him stating that we should all try them as they`re of great quality. No, he doesn`t do this. I distinctly remember him saying that the towels that they have are of decent or good quality. He`s also mentioned that there doesn`t seem to be a pressing need for the people that work with him to buy or get the most expensive or the best microfiber towels either. Something about a problem of the microfiber towels mysteriously disappearing.

At any rate, Ron is a huge asset to the board. I`m sure that most will agree. He comes across as a very kind and helpful individual. He doesn`t appear to be motivated to push a certain line of products. If anything, he`s not specific enough. This is one thing that a few of us have mentioned in the past. However, this is certainly a good thing. I simply have an issue when certain individuals bash him regularly. Nobody deserves that. Well at least not him. It seems as though some members have nothing to contribute but negtive comments. What a shame. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would be interested as and objective observer ( though an admitted Zaino user ) to know if anyone has ever seen someone report paint damage from polymer use. Some of these products have been on the market for years( Nu Finish ) and I personally have used zaino for about a year now, with no signs of a problem. And being a car care moderator on another site, I have never seen a post pertaining to any paint damage of this nature. If they can say this can happen, what time frame have they established as being pertinent? I really am not on any side, because if it were known to be deliterious to a car`s finish, I would stop using it. Just seems like there would be more imperical data at this juncture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beau and RH

The short version is just, "its not cool to trash people and it does no good." And, the quote trashed DetailKing.

Post Thanks / Like
    darbh,

If you were around at the time of the original thread, you would realize that it was Ron who was trashing Detailking, not Don.

RH

Post Thanks / Like
    Don2000G writes,"Ron is a huge asset to the board. I`m sure that most will agree. He comes across as a very kind and helpful individual."

Here is the original post:

Judge for yourself:

Ron K writes:

"Ahhh, DETAILKING, I`ll listen to a lot of hype and bull, but that one takes the cake. What is going on, an elastomeric in the World`s Best Snake Oil, Marketing Hype!!

You can do better than that!

I suppose it has "plastizers" that are the invention of Sal! Did he and Gore get together and invent the "internet" too?

Polymer sealants flex, if you will, because the coating is so thin. There are not one of these components in Zanio or any other sealant.

Did Sal tell you that? Watch out when he asked you to trust him and drink the orange drink! "

And unless Ron K is man enough to apologize publicly on this board or by a phone call to Sal, I will continue to disrespect him. When Sal called to talk to him, Ron did not have the guts to even talk to him. He would not take the call. So, I have no respect for him.

[Edited by RIC on 07-27-2001 at 07:14 PM]

Post Thanks / Like
    Guitarman

I`ve used Mequiars Polymer sealant and Medallion Premium Paint Protection for quite a while now with no problems. That`s one of the reasons why I have no problem switching to Zaino.

I believe that I read somewhere once where someone thought that "Liquid Glass" was causing their paint to crack. Don`t know what the outcome was. However, that`s why I stated in my previous post: "quality" polymer.

D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RIC. A lot of the folks throwing in their $.02 didnt read the original thread, or dont remember it. I remember it, and am glad you found it.

I was recently told to go "--ck myself" for a less arrogant response to a posting. And then was blasted again by BillNorth, the same guy who was praising Ron earlier in this thread.

Oh well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information