Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds similar to what I do. If the wheels are bad I will use a wheel cleaner and give the wheels a good scrub and rinse them out. I will however come back over with the ONR on the wheels at the end similar to your methods/steps to get out any left over dirt/grime.

Heres a video one of the guys made on another forum about ONR. VIDEO LINK Thank you Scottwax.

I assume some of you guys have seen it but I figured it would be informational for anyone new to ONR.

I use grout sponges right now which seem to work okay and are cheap. Usually its 2 per car. One for the upper half, one for the lower half. I also probably only use them for 1-3 washes depending on how dirty they get. I normally take the old ones and cut them up into 2s or 3s and use them for nooks/crannies and the hard to reach places on wheels.

Other than those little things I am about spot on to your procedure. Thanks for the write up know it will help a few people out.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a better sponge or mitt out there to use on really soft clears. If I am careful with the truck (I mean really careful) I can do it without marring but its just so soft, almost too soft.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with thecarter in that I use a grout sponge but any non marring media should work with ONR. I love it too for the time saving when I just want to do a quick wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great write up Bill. I`m gonna have to try this stuff sometime

Post Thanks / Like
    Another great thing about is you can dilute various solutions to also make a Clay Lube and Quick Detailer. I use the clay lube quite often these days since its so easy to make and works quite well. Saves you a few bucks too. I have only used the QD a few times and find it so so. I just keep a bottle w/some micros in the truck for quick cleanings.

Luster, maybe you can add the tid bit about QD and CL to the first post just incase anyone is looking. I can`t remember the exact dilutions but I think its 6 Oz. of ONR to 1 gallon of water for clay lube and 10 Oz (new formula) of ONR to 1 gallon of water. I just buy a gallon jug of distilled water and add the mix then keep it around for whenver a refill is needed in my squirt bottles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thecarter13 View Post

Luster, maybe you can add the tid bit about QD and CL to the first post just incase anyone is looking. .
    Good plan... I put put that info in the first post.

Thanks!!!:hurray:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem, figured that might be useful. I just am unsure about the dilution ratio for the QD, it used to be 8:1 then Optimum issued something about it being either 10:1 or 12:1. I have used it at all 3 solution ratios and there is not a huge difference between them so you should be good with the ratio of 10:1.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    My comments.

Step 1. I have no idea how big your buckets are when full but I add 2 oz ONR per 3 gallons of water. This is slightly more concentrated than recommended by Optimum.

Step 7. I never remove enough to be able to wring out a microfiber towel when using ONR. There is not that much liquid involved.

This weekend I used ONR on two cars and for the firs time I did a pre-treat spray using one of those home hand pump garden sprayer (less than $10 at Home Depot). It worked out fairly well to cover the car without using a hand pump sprayer but used about a quart of mixed liquid in the 1/2 gallon sprayer.

However, this weekend I was doing it under "hazardous conditions". It was windy and the trees were losing their leaves and landing on the car while I was washing it.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    A few extra pointers:

It may take more than one pass to clean a section.

Pay attention to your drying towel. It is a good way to judge how clean you are getting the vehicle. If you are seeing dirt on the drying towel, you are not cleaning the surface correctly.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    Step 7. I never remove enough to be able to wring out a microfiber towel when using ONR. There is not that much liquid involved.
    In step 7, I`m referring to wringing out the Microfiber after it is in the rinse bucket and prior to re-dipping in the ONR bucket.
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another great use I have for ONR is when I`m using products that tend to dust. I`ll do a quick ONR insted of a full wash to remove any dusting that remains. But because I`m not sure what is in ONR and for fear of any inhibiting material left behind that might affect my sealant from bonding I will do an AIO step or alcohol wipedown.

I use about 1 ounce for 2.5 to 3 gallons of water.

I`ll also throw a lid on the ONR bucket and use it again on the wife`s car. Using the 2 bucket method on my car that is always clean the ONR bucket still looks clear when I finish my car. Clear and clean enough to throw a lid on it and use it the next day on another vehicle!

Great stuff, that ONR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,

Great write up as usual. I too love ONR. I have gotten to the point where it takes me about 20 minutes to do my entire car, where it used to take me about 1 1/2 hrs doing it the conventional way.

I also agree with thecarter13 about the wheels. Since I have a BMW, the wheels get black real fast, so I usually have to spray wheel cleaner on first then agitate, and come back with the ONR.

I love this stuff.:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love (or do I mean hate) that BMW brake dust! I hate the dust but love the feel of them when they grab during those "spirited" driving moments though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckman View Post
    Gotta love (or do I mean hate) that BMW brake dust! I hate the dust but love the feel of them when they grab during those "spirited" driving moments though.
    Yeah, the brake dust is a PITA, but you gotta love the way it handles

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks bill, i needed that... cant wait till it gets cold and everyone wonders how i keep my cars so clean...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    thanks bill, i needed that... cant wait till it gets cold and everyone wonders how i keep my cars so clean...
    No need to wait for the cold weather. Many people love it so much, that they use it in place of a conventional car soap. If you are pressed for time, this really is a great product in any condition:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information