Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just recently experienced and overspray incident with silver paint. The company responsible wants to use "Clay Magic" Does anyone have any experience with it, good or bad? Are there any surfaces it can`t be used on, such as plastic, black molding, etc.? The sharing of your experience/expertise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used it (blue Clay Magic) to remove a small dot of paint overspray on my exterior rear view mirror cover. It worked well to remove the overspray, for what it`s worth.
    JS

Post Thanks / Like
    It works fine. It`s the "human" behind it that can make mistakes. Make sure he has used it before. Do not use it on rubber or pourous (unpainted) plastic. It will stick in the pours and make a mess.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like

Which is your "go to" drying towel?

I`m starting to compile my list of items I am going to want from Santa this year and one of the items is a drying towel.

Currently I am using two Meguiars Water Magnets. In the "good old days" I used a leather chamois and when I switched to the Water Magnet I hated them at first but really like them now.

I see that PAC offers the Big Blue III which is also a waffle weave and AG has the Cobra Guzzler. Can anyone comment upon their experiences with any/all of these?

If anyone has used all of them, that would be most useful in giving me an idea of how they compare. Does one stand out as being much better or worse? If so, why?

Thanks for your opinions.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve purchased alot of the "drying" towels on the net, waffle weave etc,etc. Problem is after 3-4 washes they just don`t absorb like they should:toetap05:. I go down to BED BATH & BEYOND and get a couple super plush egyptian cotton towels. They absorb great and still only around $15ea and are so much better than these "drying" towels I see advertised. Every drying towel Ive purchased on the net just didn`t cut it very long, if ever at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a Water Sprite chamois with a Big Blue for the body of the car and use Little Blue version for the wheels and trim around the grill. I tried several other brands over the years but never found one that works better than Big Blue.

I can dry any of my cars or the wife`s minivan with one Big Blue no problem. I fact one day when I was feeling particularly energetic I washed and dried all five of the family cars with two towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though I haven`t used AGs drying towel I can vouch for the Big Blue.

I actually picked up 2 last week from PAC and love these things. Did three cars with both of them no problem. after some guidance from Angelo, I changed my technique up a bit and have been able to wash my truck`s super soft clear with no marring. In my opinion I would go with the big blue, compared to the others I have used it is by far my favorite. :hurray:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the AG cobra WW drying towels which I like very much.

I also bought some blue WW drying towels from Phakshak, but they do not work as well as the Cobra ones. The material looks and feels the same, but it`s not as thick and IMO it`s a night and day difference.

I`m going to have to try out the Big Blue ones from PAC.

Cleaning Fool, do you wash your WW towels seperate? Or do you wash them with the rest of your MF towels?
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a blue WW that I bought from Autozone and although it does a pretty good job of picking up water, it scratched the hell out of wifey`s CR-V once when something got stuck under it and I did not realize I was dragging it against the paint, because the towel is so big and bulky. That is actually why I prefer the Water Magnet (since it is lighter and more maneuverable).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leaf Blowner and a Big Blue III, you can`t miss!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Leaf Blowner
    Ah yes, Angelo... the good old blowNer, they are very dangerous but effective. :devil:

You`ve obviously been working too close with Todd!!! LOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Sonus WWs. Sorry, I can`t recall their names. Some - blue/red edging - were on sale a couple of years ago and I bought a bunch. The others - light blue/blue edging - I bought ~3 years ago. Love `em all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use tha Poorboys WW, and a leaf blower. Works very well.

Post Thanks / Like
    i use the big blue WW sometimes and sometimes i still use my chamois... i`m still a lil ole skool. hey user name, where you get that pic of my wife..:drool5:

Post Thanks / Like
    Air compressor and several Water Magnets
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information