Post Thanks / Like

FK1 decontamination kit, help

BoughT the decon 3 step kit from FK1 and I am am purely confused on how to use it, properly.

Anybody else use the kit and care to elaborate on its use?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s confusing? What don`t you understand? Steps, process, work time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Should have explained my questions.

Using the first step, soil and coating remover. After mixing the instructions say

"3. Use a clean wash mitt and apply the mixture to the entire body of the vehicle,
    starting at the bottom and working up to the top surface. Be sure to keep the
    vehicle wet with the solution for at least five to 10 minutes. Do not allow the
    product to dry on the vehicle and do
    not allow the product to streak down the sides. Re-mitt as necessary to avoid
    streaks. "

Now do I use this as a wash solution? Spray it on and agitate with a mitt, wont this induce a lot of marring? I have to pre-wash my car to get it clean before this im guessing. And to keep the finish wet with product as I work my way around the car do I go back and re-mist areas with the solution, can it just sit there or it needs to be agitated?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    Now do I use this as a wash solution? Spray it on and agitate with a mitt, wont this induce a lot of marring? I have to pre-wash my car to get it clean before this im guessing. And to keep the finish wet with product as I work my way around the car do I go back and re-mist areas with the solution, can it just sit there or it needs to be agitated?
    You can, or just wash using your normal process for cleaning the car 1st. But, I recommend having the car clean 1st.

Why are you deconing the car?

1st make sure the car is totally cool and try your best to not do this outside. I usually do it in the garage out of the sun (make sure fans are blowing air out of garage). At 1st you might want to do 1/2 the car at a time to get the feel for the drying and working times. Work times will vary depending on what you`re need for this system is in the 1st place. Heavy contaminants require longer work times ~ more product typically. 1st soap down the car and allow the product to bite into the surface/allowing it to work. Then, depending on how bad it is, reaggitate as needed. Rail dust deposites and water spots will generally need multiple aggitations. Again, make sure the product doesn`t dry, especially on glass. Then rinse and move onto the next step after the surface is checked over. Hope this helps...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    You can, or just wash using your normal process for cleaning the car 1st. But, I recommend having the car clean 1st.

Why are you deconing the car?

1st make sure the car is totally cool and try your best to not do this outside. I usually do it in the garage out of the sun (make sure fans are blowing air out of garage). At 1st you might want to do 1/2 the car at a time to get the feel for the drying and working times. Work times will vary depending on what you`re need for this system is in the 1st place. Heavy contaminants require longer work times ~ more product typically. 1st soap down the car and allow the product to bite into the surface/allowing it to work. Then, depending on how bad it is, reaggitate as needed. Rail dust deposites and water spots will generally need multiple aggitations. Again, make sure the product doesn`t dry, especially on glass. Then rinse and move onto the next step after the surface is checked over. Hope this helps...
    Very much so, thank you David. My car had a run in with a very hard water sprinkler system, otherwise the surface is clean. My concern today is removing the water spots. I hope the decon kit will make them easier to correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave as you know I have the Black Twinny in the shop and it had water spots from hell, almost as bad as the black GTR I did and between thorough clay and CG water spot remover I decontaminated the finish and the CG stuff is acid based similar to the FK kit but I have never tried any of their products so let me know how it goes.

Thread Information