Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Do you prefer "No-Rinse" over Conventional Car Wash?

I find my self using No-rinse car wash products because they are so quick and easy!!!!

No hose, no mess, no waste of water, no water spots...

BUT! There`s nothing quite like a nice super-sudsy car wash to know your car is really clean!

Which do you prefer?
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used ONR throughout the winter. It really is easy, for all the reasons cited. I especially like the fact that I don`t have to worry about water dripping out of all those hidden places for hours afterwards. And I like using ONR for the door and trunk jambs.

But I also like to take the hose to the car, especially to the wheels, tires, and wheel wells. I wish I had a foam lance. They look like great fun. If I can get the dirt off my car without having to take a mitt to it, so much the better.

But I suspect that I will be using ONR more and more in the months ahead. Once you get the hang of it, it really goes quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Conventional method for me, although I woud like to try the ONR someday.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Do I prefer it? No, I get better results from a traditional hose wash. I just can`t get wheels, tires, and wheelwells clean with the no rinse process.

But, I`m getting more used to it as it is quicker and less hassle. For example, my truck isn`t all that dirty now but could use a wash, so I will ONR it tomorrow AM. Probably have it done in 20 mins or so. If it were dirtier, then I`d bust out the hose and get er done that way.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont find that the no rinse really saves time. I have horrific water, and for some reason by the time I finish washing, theres nothing to dry because it has all evaporated and left really bad water spots. I can get a spot free finish with no rinse in about the time it takes to do a normal wash

TOGWT
    I like both methods but prefer ONR for a quick, safe wash. Having said that, there will come a time in the not too distant future, that the so-called waterless washing method will be the only viable alternative.

Water restrictions
    In a (very) few more years the waterless wash will be the only way to wash vehicles. The environmental protection agency (EPA) is going to continue to put restrictions to conserve our lessening water resources, which will put an end to traditional car washings methods.

Disposal of Aqueous Solutions
    One should never assume that aqueous solutions can be disposed of down the drain. Your local water treatment authority or publicly owned treatment works will have information on treatment and disposal of these cleaners. Adjustment of pH and dilution are usually required before disposal to a drain. Always comply with current water usage and disposal regulations / water usage restrictions

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, people have been crying wolf for decades about water consumption, but realistically speaking, there will still be conventional fixed location car washes(tunnel/coin-op/hand) that will still stay in business, not to mention detail shops. There`s no way these small businesses can be forced to switch over to reclaim systems or waterless. Unless my neighbor works for the EPA, I`m still washing my cars in my driveway. Even during the S. Florida water restrictions. Sleep

Post Thanks / Like
    I like rinseless products (ONR, DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss) because it is like washing and applying a detailer after washing in one step. It adds gloss and beading to existing LSP`s.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    No comparison for me. Conventional all the way, although I see the value of something like ONR during the winter months.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    These past 2 months I have to used ONR or the coin-op when my ride is very dirty. Can`t wait to wash it at home.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you who use ONR, where do you buy it? I checked PAC, but couldn`t find it there. What is the cost?

Post Thanks / Like
    Conventional for me.
    Maybe one day i will try ONR.

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried ONR a couple times and very quickly on some panels, and while it does work pretty well, I can`t see how I can effectively wash the entire car using that... Those of you using ONR on a regular basis, especially mobile detailers using it on clients` cars, how do you do stuff like wash wheel wells, wheels and tires, and how do you clean out the tire/wheel brushes after each wheel?

I can see ONR being useful for a quick wash on paint only where some dust settles, etc. but anything more and for a thorough wash I can`t see it working.

I prefer my hose and 2 bucket method.
    Ivan Rajic
    LUSTR Auto Detail - Owner
    Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve only been using ONR for about 3 weeks but like it a great deal, for most of the reasons already stated above. As mentioned in another thread, I`ve started spraying some quick detail wax as I`m drying and it really gives an outstanding shine.

Having said all that, it does seem like the vehicle is cleaner when using a conventional car soap and hose. But I`m starting to think that its just mental.
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ivopivo View Post
    ... how do you do stuff like wash wheel wells, wheels and tires, and how do you clean out the tire/wheel brushes after each wheel?
    I`m not a PD, but after I do body work, I use a soft wheel brush and one with a long handle for wheel wells. I don`t change the ONR. Just dip in the brush, and take a liberal amount to the wheels, etc. At the end, I`ll put the brushes in about 1 gallon of clean water to take out excess ONR. Just my $.02.
    Never cut what you can untie.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information