Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I just used the Zaino car wash soap for the first time, I put an ounce of ONR in with it because I have read numerous times that it is a great additive for spot free drying.
    I did like how it went down,it seemed easier to dry and I had no spots to be forming and I wasnt in a huge hurry either....it was about 40 degrees that day and a little sunny.I washed it in the car wash bay and pulled it out in the sun,cause it was cold in the stall....it went nicely, next time maybe I will leave the NR out and compare....:smile:

Post Thanks / Like
    I really doubted ONR until I used it. I have been really impressed with it and now use it regularly. I used to wash my car once a month because it was such a time consuming process and battling water spots was impossible with a black car and the Florida heat. I actually bought ONR as a last desperate attempt to battle water spots before I was going to break down and buy a CR Spotless. Now I have started using ONR weekly and am only spending maybe 20 minutes and it works great. I have tried it with several different types of wash mitts and they have all worked fine and I havent found any swirling yet. I still use the traditional method every once in a while but ONR saves me a lot of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Strs90 View Post
    I really doubted ONR until I used it. I have been really impressed with it and now use it regularly. I used to wash my car once a month because it was such a time consuming process and battling water spots was impossible with a black car and the Florida heat. I actually bought ONR as a last desperate attempt to battle water spots before I was going to break down and buy a CR Spotless. Now I have started using ONR weekly and am only spending maybe 20 minutes and it works great. I have tried it with several different types of wash mitts and they have all worked fine and I havent found any swirling yet. I still use the traditional method every once in a while but ONR saves me a lot of time.
    I feel the same way. ONR does a great job of cleaning, leaves the paint finish slick, it saves time, and it`s CHEAP!

What`s not to like?:cornut:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    I feel the same way. ONR does a great job of cleaning, leaves the paint finish slick, it saves time, and it`s CHEAP!

What`s not to like?:cornut:
    Bill,
    do you use it all the time as your go to wash ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    Bill,
    do you use it all the time as your go to wash ?
    It really depends on the vehicle and the customer.

For an "Express" detail ($69), which is wash, vacuum, spray wax, dress tires, then Yes. A couple hours work.

If I know I`m going to have a vehicle for 10 hours or a couple days, I`ll do a foam gun wash with Z7. Then 2 bucket method with Z7.

For my DD`s I almost always use ONR.

Vettes get the gun.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on the vehicle and the customer.

For an "Express" detail ($69), which is wash, vacuum, spray wax, dress tires, then Yes. A couple hours work.

If I know I`m going to have a vehicle for 10 hours or a couple days, I`ll do a foam gun wash with Z7. Then 2 bucket method with Z7.

For my DD`s I almost always use ONR.

Vettes get the gun.
    Aw sum to know , I just bought a foam gun....just seemed like a good tool to have,I was wondering how Z-7 would do in it or if I would need a product made with more foaming ingredients .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RED JEWELL SS View Post
    Aw sum to know , I just bought a foam gun....just seemed like a good tool to have,I was wondering how Z-7 would do in it or if I would need a product made with more foaming ingredients .
    You can use any car wash soap in your foam gun. I just like Z7. I`ve also used Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash and Eimann Fabrik Shampoo. All work equally well. I haven`t used any "cheap" car wash soaps in the foam gun. (I have a couple old gallons of "Cherry Suds" laying around from years back!:cornut
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Conventional wash hands down for me. IMO ONR simply does not offer the cleaning power of traditional car wash soaps. However, ONR is great for a quick wash when the car is not really that dirty.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like both methods and it ultimately depends on what shape the car`s in to start with. You can`t do a real dirty car with ONR... well, I guess you could with a two bucket method but I`d still be afraid of intilling some scratches.

The weather plays into this as well, nothing less fun than washing outside, with a hose when it`s just above freezing... ONR make so much sense in those situations.

I really love ONR, I think it`s a revolutionary product.
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    . You can`t do a real dirty car with ONR... well, I guess you could with a two bucket method but I`d still be afraid of intilling some scratches.
    You can wash a really dirty car with ONR..... BUT... you have to use a LOT of water and a wash mitt or huge microfiber that will hold a quart of water. I`ve done my vehicles with ONR when they were filty and covered with salt, mud and dirt. I used about 3 gallons of ONR/water for the job. (Outdoor winter wash).

For a filthy vehicle in spring/summer/fall, Ill do a conventional wash/foam gun every time!
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can wash a really dirty car with ONR..... BUT... you have to use a LOT of water and a wash mitt or huge microfiber that will hold a quart of water. I`ve done my vehicles with ONR when they were filty and covered with salt, mud and dirt. I used about 3 gallons of ONR/water for the job. (Outdoor winter wash).

For a filthy vehicle in spring/summer/fall, Ill do a conventional wash/foam gun every time!
    I`ll try that on my own ride... good info, thanks Bill.:thumbup::thumbup:
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I`ll try that on my own ride... good info, thanks Bill.:thumbup::thumbup:
    I agree with Bill, that you need to use more ONR/Water mixture then normal use. I would also suggest, if washing a very dirty car, pre-soak with ONR at QD strength, and then do the ONR wash as normal.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I agree with Bill, that you need to use more ONR/Water mixture then normal use. I would also suggest, if washing a very dirty car, pre-soak with ONR at QD strength, and then do the ONR wash as normal.
    e.

True. It it`s really dirty, put some ONR in a spray bottle and presoak each panel for a few minutes before washing.
    Bill Luster

Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I find my self using No-rinse car wash products because they are so quick and easy!!!!

No hose, no mess, no waste of water, no water spots...

BUT! There`s nothing quite like a nice super-sudsy car wash to know your car is really clean!

Which do you prefer?
    I bought some and have not used it yet. If you have hard water will it still be water spot free?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CARFREAK View Post
    I bought some and have not used it yet. If you have hard water will it still be water spot free?
    The ONR will certainly help with the hard water and spotting. However if you let it dry, you might get a little bit of spotting, but then you can wipe it off with a little QD.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information