Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Glad this thread was posted....

Used ONR for the first time yesterday and I was pretty amazed at how well the car came out. I used way too much (longroof) and ended up tossing out a lot. I didnt need 3 gal. of the ONR and if I hadnt used Grit Guard I could have done the job with a gal.

Got mine on Amazon (turned out Autogeek was the seller)

I washed the tires and wheels with tire cleaner and rinsed with hose and then filled up wash buckets. It took me a while using two buckets but I think I can cut the time in about half now that I have used it. I will still do a standard wash from time to time (got to use up the products) but I could easily see no-rinse taking the good old fashioned way`s place.
    Dave - confirmed egotist

Auto Detailing - Cuz you want to be noticed!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SwirlBFree View Post
    For those of you who use ONR, where do you buy it?
    Swirl, check your PM.
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Overall, I prefer conventional washing, I rarely use ONR during the warmer months unless I am in a hurry or due to some unique circumstance.

In the winter, coin op followed by ONR in the heated garage is pretty much the only option, it works well but the tires/wheels/wheelwells are a PITA and don`t come out as nicely as a regular wash would make them (IMO).

Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like most people prefer No-rinse products in the winter (for obvious reasons) and conventional in the spring/summer/fall, if time permits.:thumbup:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy using ONR a day or two after I`ve washed my car, especially if I`m going out. The cool thing about it is it works.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll also throw in here for the conventional method as my preference but I do use ONR for quick and easy removal of polish dust, hitting a section on a friend`s car prior to buffing out a scratch or rub etc. Like others have already mentioned I don`t like it for wheels - especially the "innerds" of wheels.

I should say that I have been using it exclusively for about 2 months now with the water restrictions in place in my area and I have been impressed with ONR. I am anxious for those to be lifted so I can give my car a good, foamy 2 bucket bath!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post

BUT! There`s nothing quite like a nice super-sudsy car wash to know your car is really clean!

Which do you prefer?
    True. I like the ONR but the traditional method is still best
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like

Waterless Wash and Polish

Has anyone tried Ultraluster Waterless Wash and Polish? A local truck accessory store swears by this product, and seeing it demonstrared on a dirty, and dusty truck it seemed OK. I`m a bit old fashioned I guess, but am staying with the hose and usual auto wash until I find out others opinions!

Any comments from the experts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Going Mobile View Post
    Swirl, check your PM.
    FWIW, you guys can post stores on here, just no direct linking. ONR is a great product and I use it for weekly washes on my own cars. However on clients cars I generally use the traditional methods (I will use ONR to remove compounding dust).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    FWIW, you guys can post stores on here, just no direct linking...
    th0001, thanks. I`m hesitant to post a competitor`s name because I appreciate all of PAC`s info, help and good service over the years and would like to return the favor by not mentioning rivals. Yeah, I try to be a loyal customer. But, next time the subject comes into play, I`ll mention the competition.
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never used the "No Rinse" method but sounds like it makes a great lube for claying. Any opinion on its use for that purpose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BretFraz View Post
    Do I prefer it? No, I get better results from a traditional hose wash. I just can`t get wheels, tires, and wheelwells clean with the no rinse process.
    :iagree:

Since I have the year round facilites in winter, a traditional wet wash is my preference. When the cars aren`t too grungy, it`s cold out and I don`t want to move one outside to center the other in the bay I`ll frequently mix up some ONR and do both cars in the limited space.

Versatile product, I keep a spray bottle mixed up at clay lube strength and also use it as a spray & wipe type product.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Conventional method for me, always.

My wife`s car is black. It`s parked 500 feet from a concrete/cement recycling facility. It is covered with minute particles of cement regrinds. ONR would be useless on that contamination. I have to rinse down the car everyday to remove the particulates and if it`s rained, the lower panels are pasted with cement residue. That is corrosive stuff. No ONR in my washing cycles.

My Mazda is in a construction zone all day. It comes home covered with mud, sand, sawdust, soil silt from grading vehicles, etc. ONR would be useless on that too.

On the subject of water restrictions. Those have come about because of waste. Who is the biggest violator? The state and local governments here are the ones who waste more water than any car wash or home car wash.

One example. The city where I live allowed a fire hydrant to leak for 6 months AFTER I reported it. Millions of gallons of fresh drinking water down the storm sewer. And then they want to restrict a person from washing a car? They need to get their house in order first! I`m done with that rant.

Post Thanks / Like
    I happen to love ONR. However, there are some things that don`t come as clean using ONR as they do with a standard wash. Obviously, during the winter months, I will use ONR exclusively. But, as soon as the warmer weather hits, I will do standard washings with a 2BM. If the car isn`t very dirty, and I just want to do a quick wash, I will use the ONR.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    No comparison for me. Conventional all the way, although I see the value of something like ONR during the winter months.
    Nice to see you back User Name!:thumbup:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I didn`t realize that this thread was from back in the summer.

Where are you User Name?
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information