Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like clay can go pretty fast when working on a really contaminated car.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Just used Zaino red clay yesterday. Really liked it.

Very similar to Riccardo Yellow and Zaino is now the second best I`ve used.
    I almost forgot about Zaino, I used it a year or two back and loved it. Really need to order more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
    ... The outcome of this is that 99% of detailing clay sold in the USA is produced under license by Auto Magic, so apart from colour and packaging it the same thing - so much for free market competition and anti-monopoly legislation?
    Thanks for the info, why am I not surprised. Too bad U.S. antitrust law won`t apply to a Japanese company doing business in Japan.

What I`d really like to know is what is in the clay lube(s)? The reason is that most brick and mortars and sites, sell the lube packaged with the clay. This implies that the buyer must or should use that brand`s lube with their clay. l was using Meg`s combo, but now use the clay (I don`t need more MF`s) and an ONR dilution and see no difference.:banghead: In fact, I like the end result when using ONR better, JMO.
    Never cut what you can untie.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using clay magic for a long time and avent tried others....
    Why does everyone use a clay lube? I have been using just water. I hold the clay in one hand and the hose in the other.

Post Thanks / Like
    In the past I used Meg`s clay, either red, white or blue, which ever was needed. Ive started using the Mothers stuff since it was cheap cheap at advanced auto for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Griot`s Garage clay (yellow) for some time. I love the stuff. I bought some Adams clay to try but I have not used it yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino`s Z18 with 2capfulls of Z7 to one gallon of water.

Claude

Post Thanks / Like
    I like megs blue professional, very elastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Auto Magic Blue mostly, but sometimes the Red when needed. As noted, Auto Magic holds the licenses to all of the Clays in the US. There are variations of the clay made for everyone else ie. stickier, harder, softer etc. IMO you just have to try alot of them to find out which one is the best for your area and which lube works for you. The costal areas will need less lube due to the humidity while here in Colorado it`s pretty dry and we need to lube the surface up pretty good so not to get any drag. I am looking forward to trying the new rubber bar and test it against the clay. Do you boys stock it yet or has anyone used it?

Matt

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt, we don`t have that one here at PAC. But we do have our great Blackfire PolyClay II Bar.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Matt, we don`t have that one here at PAC. But we do have our great Blackfire PolyClay II Bar.
    I generally use Megs Professional "Mild" and "Aggressive" bars, Ill have to try out the Blackfire Bar sometime.
    Presidential Automotive Detailing
    Billy Aylward

Post Thanks / Like

Thought it was all the same

I have always read that regardless of the "Brand" of clay it`s all made by the same manufacturer. I thought "Clay Magic" owned the patent and everyone else just puts there own color and name on it. Maybe things have changed, that`s just what I always thought.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    I have always read that regardless of the "Brand" of clay it`s all made by the same manufacturer. I thought "Clay Magic" owned the patent and everyone else just puts there own color and name on it. Maybe things have changed, that`s just what I always thought.
    All but Riccardo, as far as I know.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonus gray right now. It`s a little hard to kneed but 2 bars for the price was great. It worked great for me. I do not think they make the gray bars anymore and have just been offering green poly. I have just enough left to do 4 more applications. I plan to give CG`S a try because of the 3 different grades and the weight to price ratio is a plus. I also like that I do not have to buy kits with the CG`s. I will add Blackfire poly to my arsenal for new cars and fresh paint. I would love to get some Riccardo but that is going to be tough to acquire unless I can find a work around.

Post Thanks / Like

Clays

Mothers, I`ve been using it for years and have been very satisified with it. Besides, you can`t beat the $9.95 price for the clay system and certain Walmart stores.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information