Post Thanks / Like

Someone Was Listening

Someone was paying attention to Accumulator and Bill D!

Amazon.com
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Someone Was Listening

That looks like it could work really well. Still have aa bucket to dunk in after every panel wiped.
    When my truck is really dirty I have sometimes washed with my mitt in one hand and a hose in the other hand spraying as I wash. This would do the same. Kind of a neat idea. I would want to try it to see how I like it. Obviously for sides and/or lower half of vehicle to keep the hose away from the vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as it produces marring free results. I’m not giving up my foam gun any time soon though.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, must not`ve been listening to me all that well as it just flows clear water as per the "flow through" BHBs (from Universal Brush, or Griot`s), which I found to be basically useless. It dilutes the shampoo and can lead to a shampooLESS wash medium moving across the (still dirty) paint.

Now if it sprayed *foamgun output* through the wash medium (preferably a BHB but OK Bill...a mitt oughta work too ) then we`d be talking!

THE WHOLE POINT is to provide constant flushing *AND LUBRICATION* at the point of wash medium-to-paint contact. IMO plain water is not as good for that as shampoo mix.

Eh, just hold the foamgun in one hand and the wash medium in the other and spend a few minutes getting the chew gum-and-walk thing down. It`s not all that hard. Really.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

It really isn’t that hard at all. I’ve been doing it for years now and I’ve gotten efficient at it
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Accumulator, that Dirt eRacer has a soap reservoir in it, so it`s attempting to "spray foamgun output".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eh, must not`ve been listening to me all that well as it just flows clear water as per the "flow through" BHBs (from Universal Brush, or Griot`s), which I found to be basically useless. It dilutes the shampoo and can lead to a shampooLESS wash medium moving across the (still dirty) paint.

Now if it sprayed *foamgun output* through the wash medium (preferably a BHB but OK Bill...a mitt oughta work too ) then we`d be talking!

THE WHOLE POINT is to provide constant flushing *AND LUBRICATION* at the point of wash medium-to-paint contact. IMO plain water is not as good for that as shampoo mix.

Eh, just hold the foamgun in one hand and the wash medium in the other and spend a few minutes getting the chew gum-and-walk thing down. It`s not all that hard. Really.
    It`s been ages since I`ve used a foam gun on a car (they are great for washing houses though!), But I think they used to have threaded ends. You could just run one inline and have soap coming out.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it looks like the American enterprise system is alive and well: find a need and fill it.
    According to the referenced Amazon link, this product is made by A B Custom Made, LLC.
    You can check them out yourself (no link due to forum rules)
    I wish I knew more about WHY this particular Optimum Polymer Technologies` Blue Wash Sponge was chosen by this LLC for this "unique" detailing invention.
    Now, does this detailing invention appeal to me? No, not at the cost of around $50 US, but that is just me.

I wonder if it might appeal to those who do wet sanding as a way to control water flow over a wide area. Just curious...
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Accumulator, apparently you have never seen Captain Obvious walk-and-chew-gum-at-the-same-time then.
    Hey, if it were easy, EVERYBODY would do it. (It IS Captain Obvious, just not for YOU.)
    Remember, my wife made the "somewhat" correct observation about me, "When you place a hammer in his hand, you have two objects with roughly the same IQ." (NO, she really did not say that; I got that quote from 60`s female comedian Phyllis Diller about her husband Fang and in self-deprecation apply it to myself. My wife gets "upset" because it is not true she said that herself about me, although she will admit it applies!!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Accumulator, that Dirt eRacer has a soap reservoir in it, so it`s attempting to "spray foamgun output".
    Oops, color me Careless! But still...nah, wouldn`t be the same. This is like a sponge version of a hookup for washing the dogs that I tried for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    It`s been ages since I`ve used a foam gun on a car (they are great for washing houses though!), But I think they used to have threaded ends. You could just run one inline and have soap coming out.
    No such luck The part that matters is a friction-fit.

Ideally (talking magic wand stuff here, but anyhow..) a standard size BHB with three foamers (the piece of the foamgun that actually mixes/aerates the output) mounted in the handle spraying through the bristles, would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie
    Hey, Accumulator, apparently you have never seen Captain Obvious walk-and-chew-gum-at-the-same-time then.
    Seriously Lonnie, I`d bet anything that even Capt. Obvious would get the hang of it in no time Doing it Bill`s way (all mitts) is trickier than using a BHB, but still not all *that* tough. Doing it with a BHB is dead-nuts-simple..well, IMO

Post Thanks / Like

I rarely watch videos on products, but I gave this one a shot - Even if it`s a miracle product, he`s gonna get a bunch of marring from dragging that hose all over the car...
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oops, color me Careless! But still...nah, wouldn`t be the same. This is like a sponge version of a hookup for washing the dogs that I tried for a while.

No such luck The part that matters is a friction-fit.

Ideally (talking magic wand stuff here, but anyhow..) a standard size BHB with three foamers (the piece of the foamgun that actually mixes/aerates the output) mounted in the handle spraying through the bristles, would be best.

Seriously Lonnie, I`d bet anything that even Capt. Obvious would get the hang of it in no time Doing it Bill`s way (all mitts) is trickier than using a BHB, but still not all *that* tough. Doing it with a BHB is dead-nuts-simple..well, IMO
    I`m pretty sure mine was. But plenty of options like this:

Amazon.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    I rarely watch videos on products, but I gave this one a shot - Even if it`s a miracle product, he`s gonna get a bunch of marring from dragging that hose all over the car...
    Oh...I didn`t even watch the videos.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- If you try using something like that with a flow-through BHB, I hope you post back about how it works for you.

I tried a different siphon-feed with a flow-through BHB and didn`t like it, but that`s just me and the setup I tried.

Post Thanks / Like

Dan- If you try using something like that with a flow-through BHB, I hope you post back about how it works for you.

I tried a different siphon-feed with a flow-through BHB and didn`t like it, but that`s just me and the setup I tried.
    BHB...Oh if you only knew the autopian heracy I was up to these days....

Thread Information