Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Question What`s your favourite towel to use for rinseless washing?

Hi folks,

What is your favourite towel to dry the paint after rinseless washing?

Regular drying towel? Plush microfibre? Waffle weave?

I`m looking for something with decent absorbency, not too plush that it`ll be too grabby, yet does not inflict any marring (not asking for much ).

Thinking TRC Platinum Pluffle may be a good option? Using Eagle Edgeless 500s and find them to be a little grabby with Feynlab Pure Rinseless.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What`s your favourite towel to use for rinseless washing?

I use McKee`s Glacier and Griots PFM. No marring and they both hold plenty of water.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the 16x16 Griot’s PFM or McKee’s Glacier. Each towel can do multiple panels so you’d probably only need 2 or 3 drying towels depending on car size.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a grey looped mf at Autozone that is really absorbant.

Post Thanks / Like

TRC Gauntlet
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

What`s your favourite towel to use for rinseless washing?

The PFM’s work great with Pure. The Pluffle not so much.

I like the Pluffle with other rinseless when using a sealant or QD for a drying aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I use PFM`s. Work fine, and they`re paid for :-)

Post Thanks / Like

Eagle edgeless 350s for a multiple towel rinseless (x10 from the solution bucket) then EE 500 at the end for drying. Even when I prerinse, I don`t have much to dry off since I usually wait till I`m done with all panels.

Regular wash where you`ve just rinsed, the 16x16 PFMs.

Post Thanks / Like

I do 95% rinseless washes, and use 2 towels - one for a `damp` wipe and one for drying.

Damp wipe - TRC Creature Edgeless fluffy side down - dunked in wash bucket and wrung out - a great all-round towel

Spritz section with detail spray, then -

Drying 16" x 16" - TRC Premium FTW or Griot`s Garage PFM. Love the PFM, but the TRC towel is close to 1/2 the price.

With the damp wipe the drying towel is barely wet, and can be used on a 2nd car.
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.

Not familiar with the Griots PFMs though I do recall seeing them raved about as a general drying towel. Are these twisted loop towels? If so, I thought pure twisted loop towels were less soft and therefore designed to be dropped and dragged (or patted)?

The rinseless wash I use is Feynlab PR and the purpose of use is removing polish residue. Using damp TRC Eagle Edgeless 500`s for initial wipe (to wet the surface) and it`s the follow up towel I am looking for in order to get a residue and marr free finish with no lint and as little grab as possible. A second Eagle Edgeless 500 just has a little too much grip and can lint.

Post Thanks / Like

microfiber tech 600`s for washing. TRC gauntlet or twist n shout to dry

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Not familiar with the Griots PFMs though I do recall seeing them raved about as a general drying towel. Are these twisted loop towels? If so, I thought pure twisted loop towels were less soft and therefore designed to be dropped and dragged (or patted)?

The rinseless wash I use is Feynlab PR and the purpose of use is removing polish residue. Using damp TRC Eagle Edgeless 500`s for initial wipe (to wet the surface) and it`s the follow up towel I am looking for in order to get a residue and marr free finish with no lint and as little grab as possible. A second Eagle Edgeless 500 just has a little too much grip and can lint.
    Rhe PFM’s are twist loop. No problem drying after a rinseless with light pressure. I don’t think they’d be good for what your looking to do.

Check out TRC Pluffles or their Everest towel. Problem with recommending towels is most haven’t used in capacity your asking about.

I think tge everest would be a good choice but I also have no problems with removing residue on the Griots Creme’s or CP Essence so a dry wipe for removal is fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Hi folks,

What is your favourite towel to dry the paint after rinseless washing?

Regular drying towel? Plush microfibre? Waffle weave?

I`m looking for something with decent absorbency, not too plush that it`ll be too grabby, yet does not inflict any marring (not asking for much ).

Thinking TRC Platinum Pluffle may be a good option? Using Eagle Edgeless 500s and find them to be a little grabby with Feynlab Pure Rinseless.
    atbalfour: (baseball pitching/bastting reference?)
    I think your experience with the "grabbyness" of your Eagle Edgeless-500s is because of the Feynlab Pure Rinseless itself.
    Not having any experience with this FL-PR soap, I have to defer my comment based on the review and experience in the linked thread below of the comparison between MK37 914-N and FL-PR by acuRAS82 and his assessment of FL-PR being "grabby" as it clings to surfaces being washed. You can make your own judgment/evaluation because you ARE using this RW (Rinseless Wash) soap already.
    Ref: WW/RW Showdown - N-914 vs Feynlab Pure Rinseless
    This particular thread has garnered a lot of comments about Waterless Wash/Rinseless Wash (WW/RW).

(Edit: I see some of you ARE listing the wash media you are using with WW/RW products in the posts above in addition to the drying microfiber clothes you are using for drying, which is the subject matter for this thread. Thanks for your listing your wash media!!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I use EE 500 - Amazon.com. And I am completely satisfied - for example another towels 10 Best Microfiber Towels [Buyers Guide] (Dec. 2021) or you find some another TOP. Always two bucket wash method, and normally I have to change the water of the 2nd bucket 2 or 3 times each wash. My car is normally very dirty at each wash I do, so depending on the section I have to wash it twice to ensure it`s really clean (may be useless, but at least brings me peace of mind).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Makes View Post
    I use EE 500 - Amazon.com. And I am completely satisfied - for example another towels 10 Best Microfiber Towels [Buyers Guide] (Dec. 2021) or you find some another TOP. Always two bucket wash method, and normally I have to change the water of the 2nd bucket 2 or 3 times each wash. My car is normally very dirty at each wash I do, so depending on the section I have to wash it twice to ensure it`s really clean (may be useless, but at least brings me peace of mind).
    Makes…… lol…… makes spam for breakfast!

Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information