Post Thanks / Like

Pressure Washer Spray Gun - What`s yours?

I`ve long been running the gun/wand that came with my Ryobi pressure washer. Originally was planning on upgrading right away, but it`s been fine.

Now that I`m changing up my pressure washer situation, seems like a good time to upgrade the gun to something better. Specifically, I`m looking to get a short gun as the plan is to be using a cordless PW in the garage.

I see Mosmatic and MTM seem to be highly regarded. For an at home user - is it worth it to just go big and get the Mosmatic? Feels a little silly to end up with as much in the gun as I have into either (admittedly entry level) pressure washer, but I also don`t want to worry about getting some piece of junk.

Also, is it worth just getting a preassembled one from Obsessed Garage? One of my big concerns with trying to build one cheaply is that you end up with a quick connect that`s itching to launch your spray tip at 100mph at your paint. I`ve seen Obsessed Garage mentioned quite a bit, but I`m not real familiar if there`d be any reason to avoid them. Not the cheapest, but it seems like he`s done a lot of testing to be sure he`s got quality parts.

So, what are you folks running, and how do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washer Spray Gun - What`s yours?

MTM Gun
    Hansen Quick Disconnects

Ceramic tip head
    And most importantly of all, a rubber -boot head- just in case the tip is inserted but the -QD- has not really clicked in. I just looked at the OG miasmatic setup. My thoughts on wand....

I have all sorts of -wands- but the one I prefer is the one with the -rubber boot- in the middle. It has a bit of flex....due to the boot in the middle.It is used like 100% of the time...I can`t think of a situation where I would choose a fixed in maybe a longer length or short versus the -wand with rubber boot flex- one. Wheelweels or just standing straight, I can -tweak- the angle of the entire wand due to the rubber flex boot.

Those QD fittings can be really squeamish and tight to release at times. I still struggle to this day and often resort to remove the hose off the gun and manhandling it sometimes.

In the AutoWorld, I`m sure you know what the Prevost fittings are. Man, if only they made those for water applications
    Likes Older liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite, Older thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

From Amazon. $18. It’s great. Took the place of the long one that came with gas pressure washer
    Likes Bindytou liked this post
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the MTM SG35 and been great. Added all QD’s myself pretty easy to figure out.

If i did again i would buy Mosmatic.

Whatever you get do get one with swivel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

a $100 gun for a $100 PW....

On the swivels, whether it be brass or ss, you can rebuild them.
    Brass get`s beat up a bit easier, so I`d rather replace it with a new brass swivel

SS does not, so rebuild is cheap ....
    Miasmatic swivels are great though

Post Thanks / Like

How do you like the Greenworks?

Post Thanks / Like

MTM with the short, angled wand. When my $89.00 Ryobi PW pukes, I`ll just buy another and move my set-up to the new one.

Post Thanks / Like

This wand for car washing is priceless

https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/collec...car-wash-lance

You don`t need to move the gun much. Just simply tweak the wand left, right, up, down etc as needed....
    I`m sure there is -some- pressure loss at the tip....
    Plenty of power though.

I like the PW for just HP pre-rinsing.
    After soap down, I still like to flood the car with a regular flow..

Post Thanks / Like

OMG. Was just going to link this as well for you when I read your OP on -launching tip-. It happens......

https://suttner.com/products/product...nless+steel%29

It happens to me occasionally and still happens. I think I got it clicked it but it ain`t and off she goes...luckily I made it a habit to do a trigger pull shooting into the ground before I point it towards the paint
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    As do I.

My main motivator for a stubby gun is to use on my cordless pressure washer I just got for pre-spraying the car in the garage before doing a Rinseless wash.

When time allows, the normal wash routine will remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    How do you like the Greenworks?
    Funny story. I just finally got it today. Not sure effective when, but pretty sure Greenworks stopped making their cordless pressure washer. Best Buy must not have realized that when I placed my order. When I submitted my order, I was supposed to receive it in 10 days (free shipping. If I wanted it a couple days earlier, it was like +$50, another day earlier from that was +$70 ). But, turns out they must not have had one to sell, so I got stuck waiting. On a plus side, I got $15 off, so I`ve only got like $135 into it.

Got water hooked up so I could bleed it out and sprayed some stuff during my lunch break, I think it should work out just fine. Hopefully test run it on the wife`s car soon.

On the spray gun front - Thanks all for the input! I think I`ll be perfectly happy with the MTM gun, I think I`ll go that route. Probably going to be lazy and just get it from OG so I don`t have to deal with researching and sourcing trustworthy fittings.

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure Washer Spray Gun - What`s yours?

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    This wand for car washing is priceless

https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/collec...car-wash-lance

You don`t need to move the gun much. Just simply tweak the wand left, right, up, down etc as needed....
    I`m sure there is -some- pressure loss at the tip....
    Plenty of power though.

I have this one. Had it for years. I’m not a fan. Haven’t used it in awhile.

I did just picked up the Mosmatic angled wand that OG has in their packages and I like it better for rinsing the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    As do I.

My main motivator for a stubby gun is to use on my cordless pressure washer I just got for pre-spraying the car in the garage before doing a Rinseless wash.

When time allows, the normal wash routine will remain the same.

Funny story. I just finally got it today. Not sure effective when, but pretty sure Greenworks stopped making their cordless pressure washer. Best Buy must not have realized that when I placed my order. When I submitted my order, I was supposed to receive it in 10 days (free shipping. If I wanted it a couple days earlier, it was like +$50, another day earlier from that was +$70 ). But, turns out they must not have had one to sell, so I got stuck waiting. On a plus side, I got $15 off, so I`ve only got like $135 into it.

Got water hooked up so I could bleed it out and sprayed some stuff during my lunch break, I think it should work out just fine. Hopefully test run it on the wife`s car soon.

On the spray gun front - Thanks all for the input! I think I`ll be perfectly happy with the MTM gun, I think I`ll go that route. Probably going to be lazy and just get it from OG so I don`t have to deal with researching and sourcing trustworthy fittings.
    Cheaper to buy gun on amazon and order fitting kit through MTM. Just get swivel through amazon as well. I have mtm fittings for my ryobi and the are good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

A couple years ago I bought a cheap Ryobi pressure washer with a custom MTM M407 gun setup with swivel. I was pretty happy with it overall even though my pressure washer struggled to output more than ~700psi. But it was nicer to use to wash cars than my 4000psi 4GPM gas pressure washer. Low noise, auto-shut off, no smelly exhaust, etc.

Out of curiosity about everyone saying the Mosmatic gun was a lot better I figured I`d find out.

I ordered the following parts from Kleen-rite.com and this was everything needed (aside from tips and teflon tape) to connect to your 3/8" quick connect hose.

(1) Mosmatic 29.132 High Pressure Relaxed Action Blue Non-Weep Spray Gun (BOMP29132)
    (1) Mosmatic 26.723 Bent 20 In. Spray Wand With 8 In. Grip - 1/4 M X 1/4 F (BOMP26723)
    (1) Mosmatic 29.010 Tip Protector For .6 In. And 3/8 In. Nozzles (BOMP29010)
    (2) General Pump D10073 Quick Disconnect, Stainless Steel, 1/4 In. NPT-M X 1/4 In. Coupler (HF0361)
    (1) General Pump D11006 Quick Disconnect, Zinc-Plated Hardened Steel, 1/4 In. NPT-F X 1/4 In. Plug (HF0353)
    (1) General Pump D10079 Stainless Steel Quick Disconnect Plug - 3/8" Male (HF0378)

Total price was $145 plus tax & shipping.

I also picked up an AR Blue 630TSS-HOT pressure washer. Obsessed Garage had the best price I could find on the pressure washer, but Kleen-rite had the best price on the Mosmatic stuff. I believe OG`s Mosmatic gun uses stainless steel parts internally where the Klean-rite version is a mix of stainless and brass. The output fitting on the gun is definitely brass. Without opening the gun it`s hard to say what`s inside and I really do not think it matters one way or the other. I never had a problem with brass fittings.

And finally you probably want to know the outcome. Is this gun and wand better than the M407 w/swivel? Yes. Is it $145 better? Probably not, but that depends on how valuable $145 is to you. If you have no gun at all then perhaps this setup is the way to go.

Is the AR Blue 630TSS-HOT a better pressure washer than a $99 Ryobi special? Absolutely. I use mine with a 4.5 orifice tip and it nets me a tick over 1000psi at the gun and while I have not measured the gpm it is supposed to be >= 1.8gpm at that pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post

From Amazon. $18. It’s great. Took the place of the long one that came with gas pressure washer
    I bought this cheaper one too it works well if you looking to upgrade a PW system I’d go with best hose over gun. A lot of the pressure washer hoses are PIA.

Thread Information