I`ve long been running the gun/wand that came with my Ryobi pressure washer. Originally was planning on upgrading right away, but it`s been fine.

Now that I`m changing up my pressure washer situation, seems like a good time to upgrade the gun to something better. Specifically, I`m looking to get a short gun as the plan is to be using a cordless PW in the garage.

I see Mosmatic and MTM seem to be highly regarded. For an at home user - is it worth it to just go big and get the Mosmatic? Feels a little silly to end up with as much in the gun as I have into either (admittedly entry level) pressure washer, but I also don`t want to worry about getting some piece of junk.

Also, is it worth just getting a preassembled one from Obsessed Garage? One of my big concerns with trying to build one cheaply is that you end up with a quick connect that`s itching to launch your spray tip at 100mph at your paint. I`ve seen Obsessed Garage mentioned quite a bit, but I`m not real familiar if there`d be any reason to avoid them. Not the cheapest, but it seems like he`s done a lot of testing to be sure he`s got quality parts.

So, what are you folks running, and how do you like it?