Post Thanks / Like

Pressure washer advice & a thank you!

Hello,

I posted a thread last month for help with a pressure washer, and I just want to thank everyone who answered. Your tips & suggestions worked!

I ended up getting a Ryobi 1900 PSI 1.2 GPM pressure washer. I have a 25` Kobrajet hose with all the fittings and a Mosmatic gun. The issue I have, is there`s no pressure coming out of my gun or the Kobrajet hose...I tested the hose with and without the gun. There`s water but it`s spurting out air. I did try to purge the air...for 30 minutes...

Before anyone asks...

1. Everything is new, and to my knowledge there`s no clogs.
    2. The water hose to my water source is half an inch thick..there`s no clogs.
    3. The pressure washer itself works fine...I disconnected the Kobrajet from it and it has pressure.
    4. I did attempt to purge the air out....machine was off, water was on full blast, there was no kinks in any of the hoses and I waited over 30 minutes, still no pressure.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. I can`t believe anyone would wait over 30 minutes to purge their hoses.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure washer advice & a thank you!

If you got it at a Home Improvement center, I`d just take it back and exchange it.

Post Thanks / Like

What is your water source?

Also, I know it’s not a huge GPM machine, but I wonder about the 1/2” vs normal 3/4 supply hose?

Interestingly, in the other direction I do have a hose outlet at my house where I have to choke the supply down a bit (don’t happen the hose spigot all the way) for the machine to run smoothly, but I think that may be because of a back flow valve on that outlet. (When I stop pulling the trigger, the surge of back pressure makes the valve on the spigot dump and the machine starts cycling because it’s cavitating. Hopefully this makes sense..)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    What is your water source?

Also, I know it’s not a huge GPM machine, but I wonder about the 1/2” vs normal 3/4 supply hose?

Interestingly, in the other direction I do have a hose outlet at my house where I have to choke the supply down a bit (don’t happen the hose spigot all the way) for the machine to run smoothly, but I think that may be because of a back flow valve on that outlet. (When I stop pulling the trigger, the surge of back pressure makes the valve on the spigot dump and the machine starts cycling because it’s cavitating. Hopefully this makes sense..)
    My water source is my friend`s house lol, he has a water spigot on the side of the house, great pressure there. Water source for the house is the town, no well or anything.

I had spent a lot of time researching - and posting on forums - about this, and most people said a 1/2 "standard" garden hose would be fine. A few other folks suggested letting the water run through the machine and pressure washer hose itself before attaching the nozzle...didn`t think of that but will try that.

I just got the Ryobi as it was on sale + I had a coupon, and didn`t want a massive machine lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Mines a Ryobi too. I’ve had it for 3+ years. It’s been a great little machine.

So when you bled it out before starting, that was just the machine, not with the hose attached? That could be it.
    I hook up the inlet and outlet hoses, attach the gun, and run water through by squeezing the trigger until it’s just water coming out. Then I turn the machine on.
    Likes Older, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have have a ryobi to and like it. I do the same start up as mentioned in onehedlites post. but have no idea have u tried it with the stock hoses and wand it came with that might help to see if it’s ur setup.

Thread Information