Post Thanks / Like

Pressure Washer assistance

Hi everyone,

Posted about this before, but a lot of the products suggested from HD were discontinued.

1. How do I attach the smaller Ryobi pressure washer units (1900 psi) to the new MTM Pf22.2 Cannon. If possible, please include links/SKUs to products and include everything - couplers, male/female adaptors, hoses, gun, etc.

2. What hose is suitable. Seems like all the PW hoses on Amazon and HD was 50/50 from folks who didn`t have an issue, and those who did. Is getting the MTM Kobrajet really worth it?

3. Is the Mosmatic gun from Obsessed Garage really that much better then the MTM SG35.

4. Will the Mingle undercarriage washer fit the MTM lances?

Any other suggestions/tips?

Thanks everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washer assistance

I would reach out to Obsessed Garage`s team by e-mail and send over your Ryobi model number and ask them what they would recommend to get everything to work just to be sure. There are some Ryobi models that won`t fit the PF22 with the stock gun, which is fine if you`re planning on swapping the gun out anyways which is what everyone would recommend.

The Ryobi`s run off of an M22 connection, so everything on the OG site under Ryobi accessories should be a direct fit, it`s just the question of whether or not you want to try and get the stock gun to fit the PF22 which may not be possible with your model.

The Kobrajet hose is the best part of my Ryobi setup. It`s lasted years, it`s maneuverable, it doesn`t kink, and I`m never fighting with it. I recommend 50ft, 25ft will work but you`ll likely need to reposition the pressure washer around if you`re trying to get around the entire vehicle with it. As long as your aftermarket gun has a built-in swivel then you`ll never have to worry about the Kobrajet.

The Mosmatic gun has a high quality swivel and I`ve washed a few cars with one. It`s definitely smoother and easier to maneuver, but I`m still satisfied with how my MTM SGS28 gun performs. I don`t have any experience with the SG35. Whatever you get, you need to make sure it has a swivel.

If you get the Kobrajet from OG, that should already come installed with the quick disconnects. If you get a gun from OG, they should have an option to add the quick disconnects, you definitely want those.

Another thing you need to figure out if your PF22 has a 1.1mm or 1.25mm orifice. You want to run a 1.1mm orifice on the foam cannon for use with these lower flow pressure washers to get better foaming performance, but I`m not sure if MTM shipped their cannon with both orifices. When I bought my original PF22 from OG, it came with both orifices, and the 1.1mm was already pre-installed. They are simple enough to swap out if you need to. Check your box and see if there is a separate orifice labeled inside.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes Stokdgs, The Guz liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    I would reach out to Obsessed Garage`s team by e-mail and send over your Ryobi model number and ask them what they would recommend to get everything to work just to be sure. There are some Ryobi models that won`t fit the PF22 with the stock gun, which is fine if you`re planning on swapping the gun out anyways which is what everyone would recommend.

The Ryobi`s run off of an M22 connection, so everything on the OG site under Ryobi accessories should be a direct fit, it`s just the question of whether or not you want to try and get the stock gun to fit the PF22 which may not be possible with your model.

The Kobrajet hose is the best part of my Ryobi setup. It`s lasted years, it`s maneuverable, it doesn`t kink, and I`m never fighting with it. I recommend 50ft, 25ft will work but you`ll likely need to reposition the pressure washer around if you`re trying to get around the entire vehicle with it. As long as your aftermarket gun has a built-in swivel then you`ll never have to worry about the Kobrajet.

The Mosmatic gun has a high quality swivel and I`ve washed a few cars with one. It`s definitely smoother and easier to maneuver, but I`m still satisfied with how my MTM SGS28 gun performs. I don`t have any experience with the SG35. Whatever you get, you need to make sure it has a swivel.

If you get the Kobrajet from OG, that should already come installed with the quick disconnects. If you get a gun from OG, they should have an option to add the quick disconnects, you definitely want those.

Another thing you need to figure out if your PF22 has a 1.1mm or 1.25mm orifice. You want to run a 1.1mm orifice on the foam cannon for use with these lower flow pressure washers to get better foaming performance, but I`m not sure if MTM shipped their cannon with both orifices. When I bought my original PF22 from OG, it came with both orifices, and the 1.1mm was already pre-installed. They are simple enough to swap out if you need to. Check your box and see if there is a separate orifice labeled inside.

Thank you! Yea, I bought the PF 22 package from Amazon, and it came with the 1.1mm orifice. It wasn`t pre-installed, but I can just do that myself.

Sounds like the Kobrajet is more sustainable then the Flexzilla. I emailed Obsessed Garage but waiting to hear back. Just wanted to see if there was a cheaper option lol. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chas09 View Post
    1. How do I attach the smaller Ryobi pressure washer units (1900 psi) to the new MTM Pf22.2 Cannon. If possible, please include links/SKUs to products and include everything - couplers, male/female adapters, hoses, gun, etc.
    HD has a 1/4" coupler (IIRC that`s the right size) that I purchased.
    SKU: 719-874 1/4" Quick Connect Kit. Your machine may vary.
    HomeDepot-Fitting.jpg
    I also use a Threaded Brass Shut-Off Coupling for the hose and Male/female hose quick

Other useful items - 1) for the machine and 1) for the hose.
    3/8 in. Male Quick-Connect x Male M22 Connector for Pressure Washer
    Female M22 x 3/8 in. Male Quick-Connect Connector for Pressure Washer

2. What hose is suitable. Seems like all the PW hoses on Amazon and HD was 50/50 from folks who didn`t have an issue, and those who did. Is getting the MTM Kobrajet really worth it?
    I purchased the 25` extension hose from HD. The stock hose and extension hose gives me 50`.
    BTW - The extension hose is better quality than the one supplied with the PW.

3. Is the Mosmatic gun from Obsessed Garage really that much better then the MTM SG35.
    I went with the MTM Hydro PF22.2 Professional Snow Foam Cannon (no regrets)

I currently use a short handle MTM Hydro SGS 28 Spray Gun rather than the "long stick".
    Attached Images Attached Images

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Likes Chas09 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    HD has a 1/4" coupler (IIRC that`s the right size) that I purchased.
    SKU: 719-874 1/4" Quick Connect Kit. Your machine may vary.
    Pressure Washer assistance-homedepot-fitting.jpg
    I also use a Threaded Brass Shut-Off Coupling for the hose and Male/female hose quick

Other useful items - 1) for the machine and 1) for the hose.
    3/8 in. Male Quick-Connect x Male M22 Connector for Pressure Washer
    Female M22 x 3/8 in. Male Quick-Connect Connector for Pressure Washer

I purchased the 25` extension hose from HD. The stock hose and extension hose gives me 50`.
    BTW - The extension hose is better quality than the one supplied with the PW.

I went with the MTM Hydro PF22.2 Professional Snow Foam Cannon (no regrets)

I currently use a short handle MTM Hydro SGS 28 Spray Gun rather than the "long stick".
    Thank you so much! I`ll look into this. You said you got the 25` extension hose from HD. Is that the Ryobi extension hose or Flexzilla or which?

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much! I`ll look into this. You said you got the 25` extension hose from HD. Is that the Ryobi extension hose or Flexzilla or which?
    Yes, it’s a Ryobi / HD 25’ extension hose.

Post Thanks / Like

Try reaching out to MTM Hydro directly - they sell all the connections & the CobraJet hoses as well:
    MTM Hydro Parts

I found them very helpful when I talked with them and sourced all my upgrades directly from them (PFM / Gun / Hose / Connections) - reasonably priced vs OG.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered the Kobrajet 50’ black hose with stainless fittings and the SGS-28 with lance kit. $325 (with M22 fittings) but I’m good to go now as I already have a PF22. I’ve had that on the to-do list for a while so thanks for the push to spend more money.

Thread Information