Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Why do I need a bucket dolly?

I`ve been trying to convince myself why I need bucket dollys. If you consider them essential to your wash routine please s hook me in why

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do I need a bucket dolly?

Cuz they are awesome and so much more convenient than picking up a bucket and moving it a bunch of times.

They are an essential in my book.
    Likes The Guz, The Driver, JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used it and didn’t like it. My drive way has a slight incline so i would have to lock and unlock the casters. Found myself just picking up the bucket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes tom p., Stokdgs, John U liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Is it needed? No but it is convenient providing the surface it`s on is flat.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Noting that I`m, uhm...different..with regard to what is/isn`t a deal-breaking hassle for me (I won`t even move buckets from one side of the wash bay to the other), I`d put this one in the "don`t look for problems you don`t know you have" category.

If you don`t mind moving a dolly-less/caster-less bucket around then don`t bother upgrading it.

I do find it convenient having the connector-plates (which mount to the dollies) to make the Wash + Rinse combos single units though. I don`t have that with the bigger rectangular buckets and it`s an (admittedly very minor) annoyance that I put up with since connecting *those* would make `em too unwieldy (that`s strictly another of those "just me.." things and somebody else here likes to do that).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Astouffer512 View Post
    I`ve been trying to convince myself why I need bucket dollys. If you consider them essential to your wash routine please s hook me in why

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    They are a pain in the ass, they take up a lot of room and get in the way that is unless you have a specific space set up that they can be put in that never gets disturbed.
    Likes John U, Stokdgs, bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought uhh 2 of them and the metal thingy that attached them, so I had a stretch bucket setup. Shortly after I discovered waterless wash and no longer used buckets. My buckets did get some good use when I was still doing soap, then rinseless. I also bought a Detailers Helper belt, which I think I used 2 times.

Why do I need a bucket dolly?-bucket.jpg

Also bought 2 of these, they`re 3 gallon buckets with a nice detachable holder around them for storing bottles and brushes and stuff. 2 of these + 2 dollies I could have every thing I used to detail my car within arms reach.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    They are a pain in the ass, they take up a lot of room and get in the way that is unless you have a specific space set up that they can be put in that never gets disturbed.
    Huh, now that view surprises me..which goes to show how I didn`t see it from at least one perspective

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Huh, now that view surprises me..which goes to show how I didn`t see it from at least one perspective
    Due to the two wash buckets attach with the metal bracket(don`t forget there is a wheel bucket too), with the grit guards & washboards inside, the screw-on lids, the buckanizer (side tool holders), and foam cushions that are part of the setup, there`s no way to stack the buckets as to save space, it`s at maximum capacity when stored trust me you will trip over if not careful...

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always moved the 5-gallon bucket around, after a good, powerful, pressure wash, and find that is all I want to have, even in a bigger garage with nothing else stored inside it..
    And, it is always good exercise to lift that 4.5+ gallons of soap around the vehicle..
    No rolling buckets for me, thank you..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Dispatch- That explains perfectly why I never thought of it that way Just completely different from how I handle buckets/etc. and a whole lot of that probably has to do with shop space and how I leave my Wash Bay set up for that 99% of the time.
    Likes Dispatch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    And, it is always good exercise to lift that 4.5+ gallons of soap around the vehicle..
    Heh heh, lifting the ~6 gallon rectangulars up onto/down from my Work Platforms, let alone when those are wet/covered with slippery shampoo suds and I have a foamgun/hose in the other hand, can get...treacherous...but it`s the efficient way to do the roof/etc. of the Tahoe. Maybe the riskiest single thing I regularly do in life, certainly the most dangerous related to the Detailing.

With my "quick maintenance washes" taking well over 4 hours (and usually *MUCH* longer) that I`ll never get back, every wasted moment/movement/action weighs on me. I know...others speak of "garage therapy"/etc. but I`m not that guy. And I get more than enough exercise as it is

Different approaches for different people with different priorities and all that....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I used it and didn’t like it. My drive way has a slight incline so i would have to lock and unlock the casters. Found myself just picking up the bucket.
    I don`t have them and won`t for this reason. My driveway slopes on two different axis depending on where you are standing. I`d be chasing the things as they rolled off or, heaven forbid, rolled into another vehicle. I`m perfectly happy picking up the buckets and moving them around as needed...as long as I lift them properly.

To be honest, I only move the buckets four times when washing a vehicle. The front, each side and the back.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m with Desert Nate -- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I rather like lifting the 4.5+ gallons of car wash soap water 4 times around the vehicle.. It`s also great exercise..

My pressure wash process before (including the engine, compartment, underhood), the wash also helps make the entire job all the more easier..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, lifting the ~6 gallon rectangulars up onto/down from my Work Platforms, let alone when those are wet/covered with slippery shampoo suds and I have a foamgun/hose in the other hand, can get...treacherous...but it`s the efficient way to do the roof/etc. of the Tahoe. Maybe the riskiest single thing I regularly do in life, certainly the most dangerous related to the Detailing.

With my "quick maintenance washes" taking well over 4 hours (and usually *MUCH* longer) that I`ll never get back, every wasted moment/movement/action weighs on me. I know...others speak of "garage therapy"/etc. but I`m not that guy. And I get more than enough exercise as it is

Different approaches for different people with different priorities and all that....
    Mi Hermano !
    Hope you guys are still safe and well up there in NEOH..

Totally on board with making every movement count, and looking far ahead enough to have - everything - you will ever need for that round, on the rolling cart, etc., and only an arm`s length away.. No extra time to walk back and forth a zillion times to get something you need or forgot..

Of course, if this is for more pleasure/garage therapy/etc., then you have all the time you want to do whatever out there, and come in when it`s time for dinner, etc.. Lucky You !!

But if this is paying your bills, or at least a lot of them, then one better be trying and thinking all the time, to make it more productive/efficient as much as possible, because like you said, this is time I/you/we will never get back..
    And the Client wants it back soonest..
    Dan F

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information