Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shampoos for ceramic coatings / sealants

Quote Originally Posted by gorram View Post
    The only non ceramic LSPs I`ve washed with it were Beadmaker and WGDGPS and I saw no impact on them. The Beadmaker car was the only non coating type LSP regularly washed and it showed no signs of weakening. Not to mention it was at foam cannon dilutions of around 1:20-30 as I usually went to a multiple mitt wash without rinsing the foam away.

After watching dozens of Apex Detail LSP torture tests I`m not sure there is such a thing as strip soap. He used to do round after round of APCs or other degreasers with Reset as the soap that was removing any remaining film leftover.
    Awesome information, thank you!
    Likes gorram liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So just did a decon wash to prep for a Cancoat Topping. Pretreated with BH auto foam and then snow foamed and bucket with Mckee’s Coating prep. I can’t emphasize enough how awesome it’s been for me. If your coating is getting flat spots give it a shot.

I had issues lower rocker panels and after rinsing water would bead up and run off like new. Definitely deep cleans better than Reset. I wouldn’t use it weekly but once every couple of months (2nd time using). I will probably start using Reset exclusively for standard washes.

I followed up with Iron X and Tar X because i’m applying Cancoat tomorrow but if i was just decon washing no follow up needed. Wonder if PBMG’s decon washes would work as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    So just did a decon wash to prep for a Cancoat Topping. Pretreated with BH auto foam and then snow foamed and bucket with Mckee’s Coating prep. I can’t emphasize enough how awesome it’s been for me. If your coating is getting flat spots give it a shot.

I had issues lower rocker panels and after rinsing water would bead up and run off like new. Definitely deep cleans better than Reset. I wouldn’t use it weekly but once every couple of months (2nd time using). I will probably start using Reset exclusively for standard washes.

I followed up with Iron X and Tar X because i’m applying Cancoat tomorrow but if i was just decon washing no follow up needed. Wonder if PBMG’s decon washes would work as well.
    Which PBMG decon washes were you thinking?

I do like the Mckees prep wash, but being that I don’t use coatings, it’s really only used for me on paint to weaken old LSPs before polishing or applying something new. I have used it on coated wheels and it worked very well at deep cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams or Reset use both for coated or non coated.Except reset usually on coated cars for a deeper clean.But really like Adams soap very slick soap I feel smells good also.The reset I seem to see a white film on the car.If the car is really dirty but rinses off no problem.But is a nice quality soap.Also use both in cannons foam very nice.There are my go to soaps
    Likes nickfire20 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Which PBMG decon washes were you thinking?

I do like the Mckees prep wash, but being that I don’t use coatings, it’s really only used for me on paint to weaken old LSPs before polishing or applying something new. I have used it on coated wheels and it worked very well at deep cleaning.
    Only one i see is DP prep wash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Only one i see is DP prep wash

The price is nice, hopefully it works like Mckees.

Post Thanks / Like

Shampoos for ceramic coatings / sealants

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    The price is nice, hopefully it works like Mckees.
    I couldn’t get a gallon when they had Mckee’s clearance sale but bought 5 bottles. May be a while before i try something new

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-man143 View Post
    Adams or Reset use both for coated or non coated.Except reset usually on coated cars for a deeper clean.But really like Adams soap very slick soap I feel smells good also.The reset I seem to see a white film on the car.If the car is really dirty but rinses off no problem.But is a nice quality soap.Also use both in cannons foam very nice.There are my go to soaps
    I agree with Adams also rinses cleanly, can dry on vehicle and still rinses clean right off

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information