Post Thanks / Like

What is the deepest cleaning car soap out? Limit excessive mitt scrubbing

I have Carpro reset and some CG extreme gloss, and while i like both on clean cars, I don`t find them pulling dirt off my outdoor only cars without substantial mitt pressure. THings like tree fallout (tree debris, sap, acid rain etc....)

What is the deepest cleaning car soap without having to apply and scrub the crap out of the paint.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the deepest cleaning car soap out? Limit excessive mitt scrubbing

CarPro RESET is sort of recognized as a stronger soap. At some point you are going to compromise your last step product unless it`s a ceramic coating.

Do you feel you need to frequently wash with a true de-con product?
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Obsessed Garage has a decontamination soap that`s said to be pretty intense. I`ve never tried it.

Post Thanks / Like

estcstm3- I`d be looking for a different LSP, one that sheds contamination better, and offers better protection against things like Acid Rain. I parked a vehicle outside for years and never had to "scrub" to get it clean even when I let it get really nasty between washes. And that was back before I discovered FK1000P too!

Tree sap might be a big challenge though...I`ve never had problems with it not washing off, but it sounds like others sure do.

Post Thanks / Like

To get a car’s finish really deep clean, I would say the Valugard ABC system is the way to go. Once the car is washed by that, you can do maintenance washes with the shampoo of your choice.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill D- Heh heh, if we keep recommending "ABC" somebody`s gonna challenge us to buy it and resell (at cost) to our fellow Autopians in smaller quantities or something

Post Thanks / Like

The nice thing is that it doesn’t go bad as long as you keep it from freezing. It’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea to wash three times in a row though. :-(
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Obsessed Garage has a decontamination soap that`s said to be pretty intense. I`ve never tried it.
    His first batch was CG`s discontinued soap. Forget the name. He ordered a large batch of it and bottled it up and sold it. Not sure if he`s still doing that, or if he has P&S making him something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Bill D- Heh heh, if we keep recommending "ABC" somebody`s gonna challenge us to buy it and resell (at cost) to our fellow Autopians in smaller quantities or something
    Excellent idea!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like pressure washing may be a solution here.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Any soap that has the words "extreme gloss" is never going to be a "strong" soap, what about the gloss part? Have to leave room for that, right ?

The only soap from those C/G people that I used for 1st Client visit cleaning prior to paint correction, etc., is C/G Citrus Wash.. No Wax, No Gloss, No Nothing..

And even with that, I still have to pressure wash first, to get off as much as possible, then wash using hot water, and it does still require scrubbing, and all this does NOT remove Pacific Northwest Tree Sap or Artillery Fungus..

Perhaps, if you do not really care about removing any paint protection, you might consider this -- https://www.autopia-carcare.com/megu...l#.XadqtpKpH3g

I have had to sometimes, pressure wash first to knock some gunk off, get it wet, then spray this product over the worst parts, i.e., inside the gas filler area and inside part of the gas filler door, all the little trees growing inside the top of the roof areas, trunk jambs, hood jambs, etc., then pressure wash it all off again. These areas always came out much cleaner because of the degreaser, and I never hurt anything with it..
    Using the big Meguiars bottles, 10:1 ratio = 3.25 oz product, + 32oz water.. 4:1 ratio = 7 oz product, + 28 oz water..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    The nice thing is that ["ABC"] doesn’t go bad as long as you keep it from freezing. It’s probably not everyone’s cup of tea to wash three times in a row though. :-(
    IMO three washes beats a mechanical decontamination step followed by correction, but, well...you know.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus
    Excellent idea!!
    As long as I`m not the guy doing it

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Sounds like pressure washing may be a solution here.
    Always a good first step IMO. Cheap pressure washers are, well...cheap. And perfectly sufficient IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs
    Any soap that has the words "extreme gloss" is never going to be a "strong" soap..
    Assuming the words describing the product actually mean anything at all other than, heh heh...."our stuff is great, spend $"
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Car Pro Reset is strong. I can`t imagine needing something stronger. I guess one could try acetone.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Car Pro Reset is strong. I can`t imagine needing something stronger. I guess one could try acetone.
    Mineral Spirits is a better option and will not damage the clear like Acetone will.

Thread Information