Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windshield Help Needed

Bill D- Huh, maybe it *is* the humidity.

IME the PFM for Glass is good, just way too small...so buy plenty of `em.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Sonax Glass Cleaner on the inside of the windows. It has that clinging ability from it that is awesome and also if your mf towel has picked up the dirt it evaporate clean and streak free. Good on nicotine and the outgased stuff from the dashboard.

First it`s very important to have a clean mf glass towel. And as soon as you any residue left behind it`s time to fold or switch towel. The dirtier glass the often it`s needed to be refolded or switched. Also to have the dedicated mf glass towels that are made for glass is to wash them separately. As the mf glass towel is made with a more aggressive nap it can and in most cases will be ripping the other WW and mf towels naps apart. Then you have lint on the mf glass towel that`s released on the glass. So I`m very carefull to separate different kind of mf towels when washing them.

The glass cleaning tools is awesome to reach the hard places to get to. And for the last wipe off I wrap a mf glass towel around it to get the dirt off. The Stoner version seems quite big so maybe not a problem. But the problem is it`s often gets loaded with dirt and start to leave dirt residue aka streaking. So have a lot of them to switch out on the glass cleaning tool. I useally use this only on the hard to reach to areas because of that.

A good way to be more ergonomics pleasant. Is to reach over to the side you don`t sitt on and use the hand that`s up to the roof and work it upside down if that makes sense. It has been mentioned before in this thread.

Also as rlmccarty mentioned to clean with different directions on the inside vs outside of the glass it`s easier to see where you have missed.

On the outside windows the Angelwax Vision glass cleaner is awesome. Even the Sonax Glass Cleaner works great on the outside too. And is awesome if you don`t want overspray.

At last have many of the mf glass towels that you like at hand. So they don`t get saturated with dirt and you have enough towels to switch to.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll use Nextzett for the exterior. Works great, (and I have that 5 liter jug). I`ll use those blue waffle-weave towels that I`ve had forever.

I use the CarPro glass towels that you run under hot water, wring them out and then wipe. I`ll follow up with a clean, dry one immediately, just in case I missed a spot.

Works like a champ and they last forever. I haven`t used glass cleaner on the interior side since. No need to.

Post Thanks / Like

2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

How do those Cloths work on bugs (outside) and dried dog slobber (inside)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ...and dried dog slobber (inside)?
    And that wonderful mixture of wet nose mucus (?) and slobber. Ughh. Fortunately, my dog doesn`t lick the inside of the windows, but when she hangs her head outside the car she does managed to fling a few good sized slobber bombs across the door pannels. That stuff is REALLY hard to get off.

I do appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I`m taking notes to start experimenting when I get a chance.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Desertnate- Heh heh, sounds like you appreciate the challenge Mine don`t lick the glass, or hang their heads outside, but they do always leave *something* behind for me to clean up. Every. Single, Time. Sigh...what can ya do, they`re like kids who never quite grow up into Autopians.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    I`ll use Nextzett for the exterior. Works great, (and I have that 5 liter jug). I`ll use those blue waffle-weave towels that I`ve had forever.

I use the CarPro glass towels that you run under hot water, wring them out and then wipe. I`ll follow up with a clean, dry one immediately, just in case I missed a spot.

Works like a champ and they last forever. I haven`t used glass cleaner on the interior side since. No need to.
    Do you dilute the Nextzett in the 5 liter jug? I believe the directions say 10:1. The spray bottles can be diluted 4:1. I’ve been wanting to try the stronger version for years. The spray bottle stuff is pretty strong. I don’t know if it’s Zep40 strong though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Do you dilute the Nextzett in the 5 liter jug? I believe the directions say 10:1. The spray bottles can be diluted 4:1. I’ve been wanting to try the stronger version for years. The spray bottle stuff is pretty strong. I don’t know if it’s Zep40 strong though.
    I`ll use it at 10:1. I`ve never tried the Zep40.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, with no dogs or kids in the truck, my interior glass stays clean. The Zap cloth is all I need. The exterior I will use Pinnacle glass cleaner with rain repel. And the best glass towel I have used is the SPEEDMASTER. It would be safe to say, this towel along with your pick of glass cleaner, would also do justice to the interior glass.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/spee...ass-towel.html
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

One of you Product Comparison Meisters oughta look into how all these Glass Towels compare (despite all the imponderable variables..).

And yeah, with no kids/dogs in the mix some interior glass can stay clean for a long time, especially with vehicles whose interiors don`t outgas much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Strong66 View Post
    I started using McKee`s 20/20 cockpit glass cleaner once every three months and eliminated my windshield issues.
    It is a good glass cleaner for the deep clean. Won`t be needed for some time if the glass is wiped weekly or bi-weekly with a quality glass cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for all the inputs everyone.

One of my biggest problems has always been trying to contort myself in a way to wipe down the glass and do it evenly. Getting into the areas around the glass was another challenge. I seem to do pretty well on our SUV with a larger, more upright windshield, but my car which is small and a more reclined angle really difficult. I`ll try out one of those tools to see if it helps.

I also appreciate the tips on products and techniques with the towels. I`ll start trying them out to see what works best for me.
    Have you tried going from the passenger side like Larry shows on his videos on cleaning glass?

The new CarPro glass towels have become my favorite glass towel. They are great paired with a quality glass cleaner like Sonax, Spray Way and even CarPro Eraser.

McKee`s 20/20 is very good as well. It can be used on tint but do a test spot first. Has not ruined my tinted windows when I tested it. Adams Brilliant Glaze works fairly well.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information